PDA

View Full Version : Most talented 19 year old in top 100?

dagamezbest
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:21 AM
This list in in order of 2006 wins so far:

1. Jarmila Gajdosova- 44 wins

http://spravy2.centrum.sk/img/photo/7/124/452.jpg

2. Aravane Rezai- 42 wins

http://www.covers.com/images/2006/180x180/rezai_aravane060531.jpg

3. Anastasiya Yakimova- 34 wins

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/playerprofile/FC_1285_playerprofile.JPG

4. Maria Sharapova- 32 wins

http://media.espace.ch/images/gallery/229452_3.jpg

5. Shahar Peer- 26 wins

http://www.teamtalk.com/Images/49333.jpg

6. Jamea Jackson- 18 wins

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Gallery/2006/04/12/SCMC120_FAMILY_CIRCLE_C2.jpg

7. Maria Kirilenko- 17 wins

http://www.rtl.nl/sport/rtl_sport/components/tennis/images/426x282MariaKirilenko.jpg

8. Lucie Safarova- 17 wins

http://www.centralchronicle.com/20050829/29a4.jpg

9. Anna Chakvetadze- 16 wins

http://www.tennisserver.com/turbo/images/pilotpen05/sanfrancisco/PilotPen20050826-1055.jpg

10. Sania Mirza- 9 wins

http://www.nettechno.net/sania_mirza_big_00015.jpg

These are all ten of the ladies in the top 100 who are 19 years old. I believe all of them have very bright futures. Though the top 3 got most of their wins from the ITF Circuit while the rest of the girls got their wins from the WTA Tour. I believe this is a talented group and they will have have great careers. Maybe not top 10 material. But Each one of them will most likely see the top 30 during some point. Some of them are already there. Maria Sharapova is the highest ranked though that does not always mean they have the most potential. Who do you guys think have the most talent?

msharafan
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:24 AM
thats a stupid question maria sharapova!

dagamezbest
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Kirilenko has the more all around game though.

Berlin_Calling
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:18 AM
isnt the answer to this question a little obvious?

Dani12
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Thats a little tooo obvious!

dagamezbest
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Maria has all the power but there is more to tennis than having a power game, Im talking about players who are complete, and dont need to rely on only power to win games.

DutchieGirl
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:37 AM
How many more polls are we gonna have in GM today? :lol:

mboyle
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Kirilenko has the more all around game though.

No, no she actually doesn't. That is a big huge myth, as proved by the fact that she lost first round here in San Diego. Her volleys only look good in comparison to the rest of her game. She has no power anywhere. Yes she runs fast, but so do most players. She thinks pretty well, but she is no Hingis.

This is so obvious. Maria Sharapova is the most talented 19 year old.

Derek.
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:48 AM
No, no she actually doesn't. That is a big huge myth, as proved by the fact that she lost first round here in San Diego. Her volleys only look good in comparison to the rest of her game. She has no power anywhere. Yes she runs fast, but so do most players. She thinks pretty well, but she is no Hingis.

This is so obvious. Maria Sharapova is the most talented 19 year old.

Sharapova is the most talented 19 year old, but Kirilenko does have a more complete game. If you can't see this, I suggest you get out of Sharapova's ass so things are more clear. :o

dagamezbest
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Your right Kirilenko is not a big hitter, but Ive seen her hit some pretty nice flat shots. She does hit the softest out of all the girls above in the list but at the same time she is one of the higher ranked girls as well. Her game is adaptable. Maria cant adapt her game she only knows one thing and thats to hit hard as she can.

PatrickRyan
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Sharapova is the most talented 19 year old, but Kirilenko does have a more complete game. If you can't see this, I suggest you get out of Sharapova's ass so things are more clear. :o
finally someone said it!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Having seen Rezai, she's up there with the best.

Hachiko
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Sharapova...

Geisha
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:49 AM

I still disagree, and there is no ass hindering my vision. Maria has a better forehand, backhand, and serve than Kirilenko. She doesn't volley better, but Kirilenko can't get to net because of her lack of power.

iPatty
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:52 AM

pwned. :worship:

i'd say safarova.

Derek.
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:53 AM
I still disagree, and there is no ass hindering my vision. Maria has a better forehand, backhand, and serve than Kirilenko. She doesn't volley better, but Kirilenko can't get to net because of her lack of power.

Kirilenko can still get to net even without power. She sets up points well and comes to net behind well placed shots with some pace. Kirilenko can rip shots here and there. It's not as if she's Camille Pin. She does everything well. That's what defines a complete player for me. The only thing she really lacks is power, but when she sets up, her shots still come with force. Sharapova does a few things good, but not every part she does well.

iPatty
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Kirilenko can still get to net even without power. She sets up points well and comes to net behind well placed shots with some pace. Kirilenko can rip shots here and there. It's not as if she's Camille Pin. Maria Kirilenko does everything well. That's what defines a complete player for me. Sharapova does a few things good, but not every part she does well.

yet she never wins matches. :shrug:

i wonder why.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:55 AM
No more crapppy threads!!!

PatrickRyan
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Kirilenko can still get to net even without power. She sets up points well and comes to net behind well placed shots with some pace. Kirilenko can rip shots here and there. It's not as if she's Camille Pin. Maria Kirilenko does everything well. That's what defines a complete player for me. Sharapova does a few things good, but not every part she does well.
yeah and maria k has always played sharapova really well.

Zauber
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:56 AM
yes there is more than power to tennis.
But if you beat everyone with power you are simply better.
Pete Sampras a case in point.

Derek.
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:56 AM
yet she never wins matches. :shrug:

i wonder why.

She does win matches. :retard:

She's not confident right now, that's why she's losing a lot. :rolleyes:

Patty won so quit being so bitchy.

oakkao
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:57 AM
I voted for Anna Chavekteadaze, but if I had seen Jamea, I would have voted for her :o

iPatty
She does win matches. :retard:

She's not confident right now, that's why she's losing a lot. :rolleyes:

Patty won so quit being so bitchy.

you know i can't resist. :ras: :hug:

she's a good player when she's on. i think saying that she does "everything well" is a bit of an overstatement though.

Derek.
yeah and maria k has always played sharapova really well.

Yep, she has.

I was there in person when the two Mashas played each other.

And Geisha, Kirilenko was able to get to net against Sharapova. :wavey:

PatrickRyan
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Yep, she has.

I was there in person when the two Mashas played each other.

And Geisha, Kirilenko was able to get to net against Sharapova. :wavey:
what match did you watch them play?

Derek.
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:59 AM
you know i can't resist. :ras: :hug:

she's a good player when she's on. i think saying that she does "everything well" is a bit of an overstatement though.

No it's not. Just because you have some sort of hatred towards her, doesn't mean it's an overstatement. :rolleyes: She does do everything well. She doesn't do many things brilliantly, but she does do them well.

Derek.
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:02 AM
what match did you watch them play?

Miami. :cool:

I'll never forget this awesome point they had. :worship:

It was a long point, but Kirilenko was able to get Sharapova off balance with one of her "non-powerful" shots, followed her "non-powerful" shot into net, Sharapova hit one of her powerful forehands on the run crosscourt, but Kirilenko was able to cut it off and volleyed it into the open court for a winner. :inlove:

Perfect display of how she can trouble top players.

PatrickRyan
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Miami. :cool:

I'll never forget this awesome point they had. :worship:

It was a long point, but Kirilenko was able to get Sharapova off balance with one of her "non-powerful" shots, followed her "non-powerful" shot into net, Sharapova hit one of her powerful forehands on the run crosscourt, but Kirilenko was able to cut it off and volleyed it into the open court for a winner. :inlove:

Perfect display of how she can trouble top players.
Kirilenko really should have won that match, she won the first set then a close second.

Derek.
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Kirilenko really should have won that match, she won the first set then a close second.

Yeah she definitely had her chances.

UDACHi
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:05 AM
how can you not say sharapova? :cuckoo:

morningglory
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:50 AM
obvious, HEY! Maria is still 19 in case anyone forgot :p

PatrickRyan
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:51 AM
obvious, HEY! Maria is still 19 in case anyone forgot :p
oops that slipped my mind ;)

dagamezbest
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Yes Kirilenko does not do everything Brilliantly but she can play any game. If she has to beat a player to come to net she can do that. If she has to survive long rallies she can do that. If she has to hit through alot of spins and slices she can do that. Maria has trouble with these type of things in tennis. Peer is also an all around player. Once Jamea get a solid net game the same could be said for her. Safarova just has a power game and needs to add a lot to it.

Buitenzorg
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:41 AM
I would have to say REZAI ;)

Personally, this poll is a different league for Sharapova!

genius
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:19 AM
ITS not a open and shut case for sharapova as some think.

The best early developer, yes. for maturing most quickly mentally, yes.

the most talented, no. She lacks unique value /startegic weapon like the graf forehand.

faboozadoo15
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:26 AM
exactly.
same thing with people saying daniela has so much more variety than maria. it's senseless. daniela doesn't hit 5 consecutive balls into the court, so she isn't going to win matches because she can't run and never even gets to use her variety.

Dasha_
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:17 AM
I've voted Jamea.

But, Anna Chavekteadaze is also very talented.

-Makiri-
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Kiri :hearts: :D

TTomek
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:40 AM
what a stupid question - Anna :hearts:

dagamezbest
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Id like to see Anna play this summer, Ive never seen her game.

dagamezbest
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:14 AM
People need to realize that Maria K. has more all-around talent.

donellcarey
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Lucie

DutchieGirl
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM
People need to realize that Maria K. has more all-around talent.

If people NEED to realise that, why did you ask us who we thought? You should then try to convince us that Maria K has more all round talent!

dagamezbest
Aug 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM
If people NEED to realise that, why did you ask us who we thought? You should then try to convince us that Maria K has more all round talent!

Your right my bad I got a bit carried away.

Ellery
Aug 6th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Masha, Makiri and Shahar.

dagamezbest
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Congrats to Lucie for pulling out a tough win!

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
What about a thread for 18 year old? 17? 16? 15? 14?:tape:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Maria Sharapova. We shouldn't forget also about Peer, Kirilenko, Safarova, Mirza and Chakvetadze. They all should be the future of tennis.

franny
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I didn't realize that Mirza, Sharapova, Kirilenko, and Peer are all 19. Imo, all are very talented players. Of course, I think that Sharapova is the most talented. Kirilenko just doesn't have a big enough game. She reminds me of Golovin alot. They play alike. But I guess they have more variety. Mirza can whack the shiz out of the ball, but she's got no consistency and really is not a factor as of yet. Same with Peer.

Derek.
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I didn't realize that Mirza, Sharapova, Kirilenko, and Peer are all 19. Imo, all are very talented players. Of course, I think that Sharapova is the most talented. Kirilenko just doesn't have a big enough game. She reminds me of Golovin alot. They play alike. But I guess they have more variety. Mirza can whack the shiz out of the ball, but she's got no consistency and really is not a factor as of yet. Same with Peer.

Kirilenko has more variety than Golovin though.

Mirza and Peer do not play similar. Mirza is a total power player and I see Peer as more of a baseliner.