c'mon tell us! :D
spanish
italian
romanian
french
portugues

azdaja
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:12 PM
i only speak spanish :p i understand portuguese in written form and can struggle through texts in a few other romance languages (which is what they are called ;) ). and there are a few more of them that you did not mention.

PatrickRyan
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:42 PM
french

hurricanejeanne
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I can speak some Spanish. I would like to learn Italian

Ksenia.
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:07 AM
french

oakkao
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Spanish! :dance:

so.krist!na
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Spanish then Italian :)

Derek.
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:38 AM
French! :cool:

LegionArgentina
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Spanish
I can read some Italian too
And a little of portugues

Sam L
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Français :)

égalité
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Italiano! La lingua più bella :hearts:

TF Chipmunk
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Top 3:

1) French
2) Italian
3) Spanish

...although I'm almost fluent in Spanish :o

drake3781
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:19 AM
How about Latin? :confused:

I took three years of Latin in high school.

Milito22
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:46 AM
others language from spain

gallego from galicia

catalan from catalunya

elena_k
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:48 AM
portuguese :inlove:

silverwhite
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:05 AM
French :yeah:

Princess Fiona
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Oh Italian... :hearts: *swoon*

(But I'd like to have some knowledge of all of these languages... Maybe one day in time, huh... *siiigh* ;) )

Tom13
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:34 PM
others language from spain

gallego from galicia

catalan from catalunya

and i forget basque o euskal from basque country

Basque is not a latin language. This is one of the most mysterious language in the world because there is no link with others languages.
But you forget Sarde from Sardaigne, Romanche in Switzerland and others languages that have few speakers. ;)
Anyway, I think latin language are the most beautiful. I have no real preference between Spanish and Italian

RainyDays
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Me gusta hablar Espanol.

Milito22
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Basque is not a latin language. This is one of the most mysterious language in the world because there is no link with others languages.
But you forget Sarde from Sardaigne, Romanche in Switzerland and others languages that have few speakers. ;)
Anyway, I think latin language are the most beautiful. I have no real preference between Spanish and Italian

yeah is true thank you :yeah:

Oermi
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:29 AM
i love french.

and since being in Italy on holiday, i can't stand italian anymore.
i think, i don`t like the way it is stressed, if you can say it like that.

ZAK
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:46 AM
italiano, certamente!

propi
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I speak Spanish, Italian and French... after studying all of them I've become a lover of them all :hearts: Of course being Spaniard I do love my language and find it amazingly rich but complex, the same with French, it's hard to study but you have to love how it sounds once you can pronounce it :o Italian on the other hand is the perfect mix between Spanish and French, and it sounds really well :hearts:
I'd like to learn Portuguese at some point since many people has told is the most beautiful language in the world (I guess after Spanish :p :p JK)

Princess Sarah.
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:32 AM
me encanta espanol :hearts:

i failed horribly at french but i guess i was younger and my teacher was a psycho which seems to be a running trend with me
but espanol es muy sexy!

mc8114
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Spanish
Italian
French
Portuguese

HybridTheory
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Spanish & Catalan :hearts:

Ems__
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Spanish is sooo sexy, as is Italian. I'm easily wooed by anyone who speaks those two.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Italian and Spanish

Sam L
Apr 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Français :)

Actually that's a lie now, I prefer Italiano these days. :lol:

miffedmax
Apr 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM

Me, too. Though I don't remember much at this point. I forgot all the German I learned in college, too.

It's funny though, once you've learned Latin, all those "beautiful" Romance languages sound a little harsh in comparison. Latin is really so clean and elegant.

Mina Vagante
Apr 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM
This thread could be useful.

I need to decide whether to do Italian or French at university. I cannot decide :help:.

I think i'd enjoy Italian more and it suits my personality but French is more useful ( though I still like it ) :tape:

Emiel Goelen
Apr 10th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Spanish!

LudwigDvorak
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Só gosto de Português.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Actually, whatever Laura says in whatever language sounds great to me :inlove:

Just Do It
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Portuguese :yeah:

Just Do It
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:28 PM

I need to decide whether to do Italian or French at university. I cannot decide :help:.

I think i'd enjoy Italian more and it suits my personality but French is more useful ( though I still like it ) :tape:

Ross, you and your dilemmas about which language to learn :rolls:

Nacho
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:33 PM
italian :hearts:

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:33 PM

I think i'd enjoy Italian more and it suits my personality but French is more useful ( though I still like it ) :tape::rolleyes: You are a trip! :lol:

Ellery
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:36 PM
French and Italian.

Mina Vagante
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:37 PM
:rolleyes: You are a trip! :lol:

Ross, you and your dilemmas about which language to learn :rolls:

Oh my god, I KNOW !. I'm like the least decisive person ever :tape:

They'll probably be like another 5 threads about this very topic :help:

Milito22
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Actually, whatever Laura says in whatever language sounds great to me :inlove:

muchas gracias Phil :angel:

Kworb
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Italian :inlove:

volta
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:13 PM
French just Love it :hearts:

I'm Portuguese so Spanish and Italian aren't THAT much different from my native language. i ADORE Italian though (anything that has to do with Italy actually :lol: )

propi
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Depends on your will, truth be said I found French much harder than Italian but on the other hand French has something that makes you addict to it :)

Mina Vagante
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Depends on your will, truth be said I found French much harder than Italian but on the other hand French has something that makes you addict to it :)

Yeah, I do Spanish now and that's fine. From what I've heard, it's French > Spanish > Italian in terms of difficulty.

I do like how fluid French is, but Italian is just so expressive. :o

Milito22
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:33 PM
i started this thread in 2006 :sobbing:

propi
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I do Spanish now and that's fine. From what I've heard, it's French > Spanish > Italian in terms of difficulty.

I do like how fluid French is, but Italian is just so expressive. :o
For obvious reasons I find Spanish the easiest :p well we have a hell of verbal tenses and people tend to mix ser/estar or use indicativo when subjuntivo should be used but appart of that it's ok.
The worst for French IMO is pronounciation, and for me, Italian sounds more fluid and better (for Spanish people usually Italian>French) but French has that Je ne sais quoi :hearts:
I am rara avis :p

Mina Vagante
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:46 PM
For obvious reasons I find Spanish the easiest :p well we have a hell of verbal tenses and people tend to mix ser/estar or use indicativo when subjuntivo should be used but appart of that it's ok.
The worst for French IMO is pronounciation, and for me, Italian sounds more fluid and better (for Spanish people usually Italian>French) but French has that Je ne sais quoi :hearts:
I am rara avis :p

Ser/Estar are OK :D.

Choose for me propi... French or Italian ?

lympyisthebest
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Can't you major in both?

Sam L
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Can't you major in both?

That's what I was thinking. Or do one now and pick up the other later. I would do French first because as you know it's harder. (Really though it's just the speaking and listening that's harder).

дalex
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Portuguese.

Pops Maellard
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Spanish. ;)

Jovana.
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
French and Portuguese by far :hearts:

Mina Vagante
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Can't you major in both?

That's what I was thinking. Or do one now and pick up the other later. I would do French first because as you know it's harder. (Really though it's just the speaking and listening that's harder).

I'm doing Spanish, so it has to be Spanish and ........ '

There is a course which allows 3 languages, but I think that would be too much work and I wouldn't achieve the same level if I were to do two languages.

So I have to decide :sad:

propi
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Could you choose between two of your children?? :p
Have you ever studied them previously?? if not you could try short language courses to see which one you enjoy the most.
No doubt French is more useful, you learn Italian for personal pleasure, nothing else.

spiceboy
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
No doubt French is more useful, you learn Italian for personal pleasure, nothing else.

On the other hand, career wise, you can find many more people who speak French as a foreign language than Italian. So as you are just majoring in languages take that in mind, Ross...French & Spanish are so popular and competition will be harder than for a native English speaker to be fluent in both Spanish and Italian. Plus once you know Spanish it will be way easier to learn Italian than French.

Sam L
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I'm doing Spanish, so it has to be Spanish and ........ '

There is a course which allows 3 languages, but I think that would be too much work and I wouldn't achieve the same level if I were to do two languages.

So I have to decide :sad:

Oh okay. I guess then it depends on why you're doing them.

Italian is useless but like someone said you do it solely for personal enjoyment. It will be a lot easier to pick up Italian than French. But French is obviously more useful.

If anything you should do French and later pick up Italian which in phonetics is closer to Spanish but French has a lot of lexical similarities with Italian. I would think if you know French and Spanish very well, it's not going to require much more work to pick up Italian.

On that basis, I recommend French.

Mina Vagante
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Oh okay. I guess then it depends on why you're doing them.

Italian is useless but like someone said you do it solely for personal enjoyment. It will be a lot easier to pick up Italian than French. But French is obviously more useful.

If anything you should do French and later pick up Italian which in phonetics is closer to Spanish but French has a lot of lexical similarities with Italian. I would think if you know French and Spanish very well, it's not going to require much more work to pick up Italian.

On that basis, I recommend French.

On the other hand, career wise, you can find many more people who speak French as a foreign language than Italian. So as you are just majoring in languages take that in mind, Ross...French & Spanish are so popular and competition will be harder than for a native English speaker to be fluent in both Spanish and Italian. Plus once you know Spanish it will be way easier to learn Italian than French.

I'm like a yo-yo. Afterreading Spiceboy's post, I was thinking Italian and now Sam L has made me go back to neutral :o

Ellery
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Which culture are you more interested in? Which literature are you more interested in?

Mina Vagante
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Which culture are you more interested in? Which literature are you more interested in?

Um... Both interest me. I guess I find the Italian culture a bit more interesting and I could see myself fitting in there. However, that's not to see that I wouldn't fit in in the French culture.

In terms of literature, I don't know. I haven't read any books in either language.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Well, consider that it was the Italians that gave France its culture

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
And in 2010 it is catching.....

treufreund
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Well, consider that it was the Italians that gave France its culture

French culture is not solely due to Italy. French culture is a very strong marriage of Roman, Celtic and Germanic culture. Charlemagne spoke German. There are also very strong Arabic influences and even some Slavic influences in France. :)

As far as the Romance languages go, I probably enjoy French slightly more than Spanish. Italian, Romanian and Portuguese are languages that I have not studied since I was bored with Romance languages. I went on to learn German and Russian and found both of them considerably more interesting on many levels. At first, I found German and Russian to be "hard" sounding but I realized that that was due to years of propaganda by my French teachers and friends insisting that their language was the best. :lol: Now I have realized that I really enjoy all 4 languages that I have learned and the little bit of Czech that I speak too!

spiceboy
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I would think if you know French and Spanish very well, it's not going to require much more work to pick up Italian.

You can erase the word French from that sentence. Knowing Spanish will be enough to pick up Italian easily :p

spiceboy
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:30 PM
If anything you should do French and later pick up Italian which in phonetics is closer to Spanish but French has a lot of lexical similarities with Italian.

Certainly not more than Spanish. In fact, I'm sure that Spanish has even more lexical similarities with Italian than French.

Ellery
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Um... Both interest me. I guess I find the Italian culture a bit more interesting and I could see myself fitting in there. However, that's not to see that I wouldn't fit in in the French culture.

In terms of literature, I don't know. I haven't read any books in either language.

If you major in a language, I assume you'll have to do a couple lit classes, so that's why I asked. ;)

Londoner
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:33 PM
French.

watchdogfish
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Spanish for me, especially Latin American Spanish! :)

Although I love the sound of Italian, it's like listening to music when an Italian speaks :hearts:

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM
French culture is not solely due to Italy. French culture is a very strong marriage of Roman, Celtic and Germanic culture. Charlemagne spoke German. There are also very strong Arabic influences and even some Slavic influences in France. :)

As far as the Romance languages go, I probably enjoy French slightly more than Spanish. Italian, Romanian and Portuguese are languages that I have not studied since I was bored with Romance languages. I went on to learn German and Russian and found both of them considerably more interesting on many levels. At first, I found German and Russian to be "hard" sounding but I realized that that was due to years of propaganda by my French teachers and friends insisting that their language was the best. :lol: Now I have realized that I really enjoy all 4 languages that I have learned and the little bit of Czech that I speak too!And France was noting until the Romans came along

Barrie_Dude
Spanish for me, especially Latin American Spanish! :)

Although I love the sound of Italian, it's like listening to music when an Italian speaks :hearts:
Lets go to Argentina

delicatecutter
J'aime le francais.

HowardH
Apr 10th, 2010, 06:35 PM

Me, too. Though I don't remember much at this point. I forgot all the German I learned in college, too.

It's funny though, once you've learned Latin, all those "beautiful" Romance languages sound a little harsh in comparison. Latin is really so clean and elegant.

Linguam Latinam amo. I loved studying Latin- will have to revise it. Took it for 4 years in high school and also at uni. I think I loved it the most, even though I also studied some French. Alors, j'aime le français aussi. If you learn Latin it will really help you with romance languages and it gives you a real understanding that grammar is actually something real (and not just made up by teachers).

Lol. :hug:

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2010, 06:41 PM
:bigwave:

doni1212
Apr 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Spanish!!!
I'll be learning Portuguese in the fall too!

mckyle.
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Spanish :)

Sally Struthers
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Latin of course

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Spanish!!!
I'll be learning Portuguese in the fall too!
:bounce: Than you can go to Rio! :bounce:

Talula
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I think French is the most beautiful language in the world. In literature, lyrics, it is so evocative and emotional.

ivanban
Apr 10th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Spanish, Italian

Nicolás89
Apr 10th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Spanish but in the castellano form I think the latino spanish specially the south american spanish is :o
Then french but it's so hard, my dad tried to teach me when I was little he just gave up on me :lol:

Milito22
Apr 10th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Spanish but in the castellano form I think the latino spanish specially the south american spanish is :o
Then french but it's so hard, my dad tried to teach me when I was little he just gave up on me :lol:

chilean spanish :help:

Sam L
Apr 11th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Certainly not more than Spanish. In fact, I'm sure that Spanish has even more lexical similarities with Italian than French.

Hmmm are you sure about that? Spanish has been influenced heavily by Arabic for historical reasons whereas Italian little to none at all. I've always thought that it was Spanish-Portuguese and French-Italian that had the most lexical similarity. Not Spanish-Italian.

Having said that that's only one aspect of a language. And I can say that in spite of that it will be easily for a Spanish speaker to pick up Italian than French.

But I guess ultimately it also depends on whether that said poster would like to pick up both French and Italian down the track or whether they will be content with just French or Italian.

That's a very important consideration because learning French before Italian will be better than going the other way. IMO.

What do you think?

Jarl_02
Apr 11th, 2010, 04:15 AM

I have to disagree with you. I think the latin accent sounds way more better than the spanish one. And I'm not saying this becuase I'm venezuelan, but I think the best accent is spoken here. But I like the latin accents more than the spanish.

By the way, my favorite romance language would be Spanish, then French and then Italian

Nicolás89
Apr 11th, 2010, 04:28 AM

The argentinian spanish doesn't even sound like spanish AT ALL :shrug: :p

I have to disagree with you. I think the latin accent sounds way more better than the spanish one. And I'm not saying this becuase I'm venezuelan, but I think the best accent is spoken here. But I like the latin accents more than the spanish.

By the way, my favorite romance language would be Spanish, then French and then Italian

I agree that the Venezolan Colombian and specially the Ecuatorian (whom I think speak the language how should be spoken in all south america :o) have very nice accents. ;)

Chakvenus
Apr 11th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Italiano!
i study it and its great!

Danči Dementia
Apr 11th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I´m a native Spanish speaker but I absolutely adore Romanian language :inlove:

its my favorite language in the world by far, I just love the way it sounds and all :inlove::worship:

I wanna lear Romanian sooooo badly :sobbing:

Danči Dementia
Apr 11th, 2010, 07:27 AM

yeah I agree.

for me the nicest accent is the Colombian one, I love it. :drool: :inlove:
(not that different from Venezuelan)

its just sounds so cute and polite, LOVELY :inlove:

I really wish we had that accent.......seriously I love my country and all but our way of speaking Spanish is :help:

hearing some Mexicans speaking is just:o :help: :sobbing:
we have like 20 different accents and only few are decent...the center accent(the one I speak with of course:p), we don´t cut words, or sing the words :angel::lol:
still the rest make fun of our accent

Danči Dementia
Apr 11th, 2010, 07:30 AM

oh yeah.

I remember watching the Amazing Race and I could understand the Brazilians and their portuguese better than the Chilean ladies(who were my faves btw)

oh yeah to that too.

Albireo
Apr 11th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Friulian.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 11th, 2010, 08:23 PM

I agree that the Venezolan Colombian and specially the Ecuatorian (whom I think speak the language how should be spoken in all south america :o) have very nice accents. ;)
Argentina has been heavily influenced by Italy I think

slamchamp
Apr 11th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Well french is quite hard cause don't know about italian

antonella
Apr 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Pig Latin isway ymay avoritefay Atinlay anguagelay.

Milito22
Apr 12th, 2010, 01:38 AM

argentino sapnish is español-italiano, and sounds good :drool:, chilean is horrible, sorry :o

Danči Dementia
Apr 12th, 2010, 01:44 AM
why would it be spanish - italian?? :scratch:

Jarl_02
Apr 12th, 2010, 01:44 AM
for me the nicest accent is the Colombian one, I love it. :drool: :inlove:
(not that different from Venezuelan)

I don't like the colombian accent, it may sound good but I don't like it that much, but venezuelan people DON'T sound like colombian people, not at all.

There's a region in Venezuela, The Andes where people speak similar to colombian people, I'm actually from there but the rest of the country speaks very different.

WowWow
Apr 12th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I used to think Portuguese sounds awful, until I fell in love with Fado :inlove:
Now, I think it's one of the most beautiful languages.

Spanish, Portuguese and French, for me. :)

Danči Dementia
Apr 12th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I don't like the colombian accent, it may sound good but I don't like it that much, but venezuelan people DON'T sound like colombian people, not at all.

There's a region in Venezuela, The Andes where people speak similar to colombian people, I'm actually from there but the rest of the country speaks very different.

I think they sound alike :shrug:

both have a soft lovely way of speaking it

Direwolf
Apr 12th, 2010, 08:27 AM
francais

Tanja8
Apr 12th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I like French but I can`t speak it (apart from telling my name or "I don`t speak French" )
I understand some Italian when they speak slowly (but it`s an oxymoron: an Italian who speaks slowly:lol:)
Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian ... are not very high on my list. I would like to improve my Russian and Italian first, then maybe start some French ... and then if I have nothing else to do I wouldn`t mind learning Spanish or Portuguese ...

slamchamp
Apr 12th, 2010, 06:32 PM
argentino sapnish is español-italiano, and sounds good :drool:, chilean is horrible, sorry :o
español-ITALIANO???:confused: I think Uruguayan spanish is the most understandable:angel: The worst is the one from Spain:tape: They speak so fast

Barrie_Dude
Apr 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM
why would it be spanish - italian?? :scratch:
Likely because of the many Italians that have emigrated to Argentina over the years.... :shrug:

Nicolás89
Apr 12th, 2010, 06:53 PM
español-ITALIANO???:confused: I think Uruguayan spanish is the most understandable:angel: The worst is the one from Spain:tape: They speak so fast

Uruguayan spanish = Argentinian spanish :p

slamchamp
Apr 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Uruguayan spanish = Argentinian spanish :pOh no you did not!!11:lol:
Yeah it's similar I always get mystaken for an argentinian abroad:ras: But our spanish is better:angel: and defenetily better than chileans:lol:

Milito22
Apr 12th, 2010, 07:02 PM

never heard a Uruguayan,...always drinking mate:tape:

el español Argento tiene mucho de italiano no solo en el acento, en la mayoria delle famiglie che io conosco se parla una mezcla, ragazzo/a!:shrug:

slamchamp
Apr 12th, 2010, 07:15 PM
never heard a Uruguayan,...always drinking mate:tape:

el español Argento tiene mucho de italiano no solo en el acento, en la mayoria delle famiglie che io conosco se parla una mezcla, ragazzo/a!:shrug:
Really?:confused: I honestly don't think so but hey you're the one from Argentina;)

Milito22
Apr 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Really?:confused: I honestly don't think so but hey you're the one from Argentina;)

why? :confused:

slamchamp
Apr 12th, 2010, 08:32 PM
why? :confused:Cause I never listen to italian words when I hear Argentinians-uruguayans speaking

ce
Apr 12th, 2010, 08:37 PM
spanish - start to learn it in October :dance:
french - learn it for 4 years, and still know little :sad:

Milito22
Apr 13th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Cause I never listen to italian words when I hear Argentinians-uruguayans speaking

come to my hometown!:lol:
friulanos, piamonteses, calabreses :lol:also Napolitanos :rolleyes:live tere, they speak in both languages

some words:nonna, birra, girar, gamba, caldo, tosca,laburo(laboro), bambino, capochetta, capo, etc.:wavey:

M2k
Apr 13th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Costa Rica, Equador, and Uruguay have beautiful Spanish. The Mexican Spanish is one of the most neutral , that is until you go to the North and start speaking "Norteno" :tape: , Central and South East Mexico have lovely accents :hearts: I find Castellano { from Spain} a bit harsh at times :o but their accent is the most beautiful thing ever :hearts:

doni1212
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:06 AM

Honestly though, I've had professors from Spain, Nicaragua, Peru, and Cuba but this semester by far my professor from Argentina has been the hardest to understand out of all of them! Many times I don't know what the hell he is saying, :sad:

Milito22
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Honestly though, I've had professors from Spain, Nicaragua, Peru, and Cuba but this semester by far my professor from Argentina has been the hardest to understand out of all of them! Many times I don't know what the hell he is saying, :sad:

tell him: Habla bien Carajo! :lol:

Nicolás89
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Oh no you did not!!11:lol:
Yeah it's similar I always get mystaken for an argentinian abroad:ras: But our spanish is better:angel: and defenetily better than chileans:lol:

At least "chilean" sounds like spanish. :rolleyes:

doni1212
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:24 AM
tell him: Habla bien Carajo! :lol:

:lol:
I don't think that would be the right thing to say to both my professor and advisor, :rolls:

At least "chilean" sounds like spanish. :rolleyes:

A girl who is in one of my classes studied in Chile for 2 years and her accent is horrible!! I'm not trying to knock Chile or anything but I definitely asked her where she studied and decided not to go there, strictly based on her accent. :o
She thinks she sounds really good too! :rolls:

Milito22
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:25 AM
No peleen Uruguayos(Salmchamp) y Chilenos(Matias),:smooch: sabemos que los mejores son los Argentinos! :D

Nicolás89
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Spanish and Argentinian (therefore uruguayan) are two different languages. :shrug:

Español: Oye, ¿quien eres tú? Vienes aquí a coger mujeres en la calle y bailar tango con ellas
Argentino: Che boludo, ¿kien sos vos? Venís acá a buscar minas en la ca-sshe y apilar gotán con e-sshas.

I raise my case. :angel:

(all in good humour guys :lol:)

Nicolás89
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:35 AM
A girl who is in one of my classes studied in Chile for 2 years and her accent is horrible!! I'm not trying to knock Chile or anything but I definitely asked her where she studied and decided not to go there, strictly based on her accent. :o
She thinks she sounds really good too! :rolls:

lol I accept that our accent is one of the worst but like I said in my previous posts at least sounds like spanish not like...well other accents. :D

Milito22
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Spanish and Argentinian (therefore uruguayan) are two different languages. :shrug:

Español: Oye, ¿quien eres tú? Vienes aquí a coger mujeres en la calle y bailar tango con ellas
Argentino: Che boludo, ¿kien sos vos? Venís acá a buscar minas en la ca-sshe y apilar gotán con e-sshas.

Porteños!(Buenos Aires people) :rolleyes:

my spanish: che vo, kien carajo so vo!? veni a chamuyarte la nami?! en la lleca, para transartela con un 2x4!? :o

twight6
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Okay people, you've all helped Enchanté decide, now I need help :lol:.

I know French right now, I would say fluently, and I'm just working to perfect it. However, I'm about to transfer to a four-year school, and I will need to pick a major to go along with French. I'm also in intro Spanish, and it's borringly easy because of all the basic similarities to French. I'm sure it will get more challening, but right now it's not :shrug:

Anyway, I need to make a decision. I can do one of the following:
French and Spanish double major
Modern Language major (meaning French and Spanish, basically a double major but with 2 less classes in each) and International Studies as a second major
Modern Language major and another language minor (language choices being Chinese, Arabic, or German). So, I would learn three languages, two with about 8 classes worth of study and the third with only about 5.
Modern Language major and English as a second major

Basically, I want to be as marketable as possible. Obviously, languages like Chinese and Arabic are in need in the United States; but, with only 5 classes in each over a 2 1/2 year period, I wouldn't image that I could get very fluent in them :shrug:

And, the International Studies major seems nice, but would it really be worth it? I would be losing Spanish and French credits just to take basic political science and relations classes.

I really can't see myself doing anything bussiness-y, that's why I'm stearing clear of International Business. I really just want to speak to and work with foreigners. Or, perhaps, work in something like a US consulate abroad. I want to experience other cultures!!! :lol:.

Thoughts?

Princeza
Apr 13th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Portuguese (spoken by Brazilian people).

Danči Dementia
Apr 13th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Porteños!(Buenos Aires people) :rolleyes:

my spanish: che vo, kien carajo so vo!? veni a chamuyarte la nami?! en la lleca, para transartela con un 2x4!? :o

qué?????:p

Danči Dementia
Apr 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
lol I accept that our accent is one of the worst but like I said in my previous posts at least sounds like spanish not like...well other accents. :D

too much bashing for Chilean accent:(

I don´t think Chilean accent is one of the worst, I mean no ofense to anyone but seriously I don´t think that any other spanich accent can posibly be as awful as the Puertorrican accent:o...oh my.

the thing about Chilean accent is that sometimes I don´t understand it :sobbing:
but it doesn´t sounds bad or ugly :shrug:

Danči Dementia
Apr 13th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Likely because of the many Italians that have emigrated to Argentina over the years.... :shrug:

yes I know.
but I had never heard such español-italiano thing.

I guess it would be fair to say that we speak spanish-náhuatl then :shrug:

my father is from Argentina I find it amazing how he has been here for more than than he lived in Argentina and he still can´t get rid of the accent(and when he goes and comes back the accent is even worst), while I know many Argentinians living in México that got rid of the accent a long time ago.
.....:scratch:

doni1212
Apr 13th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Once again, I'm open to any Spanish speaker who wants to help me practice my Spanish via Skype!

Jarl_02
Apr 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I think the worst spanish is spoken in Panama or at least in Central America. South America has several interesting accent, maybe I'm biased but the best one is spoken in Venezuela, and more accurately in the region I live in.

I don't like the way people from Caracas speak, btw

slamchamp
Apr 14th, 2010, 12:42 AM

How's that??:tape: Please po huevon cachai?? That is spanish?? don't make laugh:lol:

Milito22
Apr 14th, 2010, 12:47 AM
How's that??:tape: Please po huevon cachai?? That is spanish?? don't make laugh:lol:

cachai :haha: I love "pololo/a" y "rascapoto" :haha:

Milito22
Apr 14th, 2010, 12:51 AM
qué?????:p

asi hablo yo Ana! parlo como en la lleca, capicsi?:D

Danči Dementia
Apr 14th, 2010, 12:52 AM
chilean slangs are so cool :inlove:

slamchamp
Apr 14th, 2010, 12:53 AM
cachai :haha: I love "pololo/a" y "rascapoto" :haha:

But that is spanish not ours segun matias..while cachai sounds like idk.. japanese:tape:

fantic
Apr 14th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Latin. I'm self learning it.

Nicolás89
Apr 14th, 2010, 01:53 AM

I introduce you to slangs? If I talk the formal language I wouldn't use those words but you change the words completely in you every day speech. Case closed.

(you took away the fun)

Danči Dementia
Apr 14th, 2010, 02:22 AM
I introduce you to slangs? If I talk the formal language I wouldn't use those words but you change the words completely in you every day speech. Case closed.

(you took away the fun)

this!

Mina Vagante
Apr 14th, 2010, 11:30 AM

I know French right now, I would say fluently, and I'm just working to perfect it. However, I'm about to transfer to a four-year school, and I will need to pick a major to go along with French. I'm also in intro Spanish, and it's borringly easy because of all the basic similarities to French. I'm sure it will get more challening, but right now it's not :shrug:

Modern Language major (meaning French and Spanish, basically a double major but with 2 less classes in each) and International Studies as a second major
Modern Language major and another language minor (language choices being Chinese, Arabic, or German). So, I would learn three languages, two with about 8 classes worth of study and the third with only about 5.

Basically, I want to be as marketable as possible. Obviously, languages like Chinese and Arabic are in need in the United States; but, with only 5 classes in each over a 2 1/2 year period, I wouldn't image that I could get very fluent in them :shrug:

And, the International Studies major seems nice, but would it really be worth it? I would be losing Spanish and French credits just to take basic political science and relations classes.

I really can't see myself doing anything bussiness-y, that's why I'm stearing clear of International Business. I really just want to speak to and work with foreigners. Or, perhaps, work in something like a US consulate abroad. I want to experience other cultures!!! :lol:.

Thoughts?

If your main desire to to speak as many languages as possible and experience different cultures, then go for two languages.

French and Spanish double major :hearts: Exactly the same as me :D

Sam L
Apr 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM

Thoughts?

Unless if you're really, really interested, I wouldn't bother with Chinese or Arabic because it's just too hard and you wouldn't get anywhere.

I think Arabic is easier. The big advantage is that it uses an alphabet - alef ba etc... Westerners (native Germanic/Romance speakers) can become quite good at Arabic but Chinese I think is really a whole different world.

Anyway, I digress. If I were you, I would do French and Spanish and an international studies major. However, your case is a lot different to the other person because for me that was an easy choice (between French and Italian). In your case, it depends on too many variables.

So I suggest you just get more information and go with what you really want to do.

doni1212
Apr 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Spanish Speakers!! Check out my vid please! Feel free to leave comments, :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ckOxXtxXw

Milito22
Apr 14th, 2010, 06:46 PM

:eek: muy bien!

doni1212
Apr 16th, 2010, 03:56 AM
:eek: muy bien!

Thank you! I've been listening to that Arabic-Spanish song on your page for like the whole day lol. I love that song now!

Milito22
Apr 16th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Thank you! I've been listening to that Arabic-Spanish song on your page for like the whole day lol. I love that song now!

Ishtar, the singer, is one of my fav!:D

Hablas muy bien Doni y tienes una bonita voz, escuche que quieres ir a Peru?!:)

I have some videos on my profile:unsure::o

tennislover
Apr 16th, 2010, 06:24 AM
italiano :angel:

M2k
Apr 16th, 2010, 02:15 PM

that is wonderful and we got to know a little bit about you :)

doni1212
Apr 17th, 2010, 03:33 AM
that is wonderful and we got to know a little bit about you :)

Thanks! :)

Barrie_Dude
Apr 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM

Darn! Too bad I don't speak spanish! But, as Laura often tells me, the only spanish speaking goddess I need in my life is her! ;)

doni1212
Apr 17th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Ishtar, the singer, is one of my fav!:D

Hablas muy bien Doni y tienes una bonita voz, escuche que quieres ir a Peru?!:)

I have some videos on my profile:unsure::o

Gracias, y si quiero ir a Peru, especialmente a Cusco y Macchu Picchu por supuesto!

Darn! Too bad I don't speak spanish! But, as Laura often tells me, the only spanish speaking goddess I need in my life is her! ;)

Milito22
Apr 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Gracias, y si quiero ir a Peru, especialmente a Cusco y Macchu Picchu por supuesto!

el Machu Pichu, :worship:, va a ser una aventura, ;), en este momento estoy estudiando las culturas pre-Inca :)

The Dawntreader
Apr 17th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Italian. It's a bello language.

igralec33
Apr 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM
In my ears sounds nice only Spanish. :shrug: Maybe also because I actually know to tell some words in it. :)

hellas719
Apr 18th, 2010, 05:31 AM
1.French
2.Romanian
3.Spanish
:)

Fantasy Hero
Apr 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
1)Italian (even though so few ppl can speak a decent italian in italy...everyone has a strong accent :o)
2) Portugues
3) Spanish

Beat
Apr 18th, 2010, 08:22 PM
latin, obviously ;)

Nicolás89
Apr 18th, 2010, 08:28 PM

wow doni hablas un español genial para un no nativo, solo te falta mejorar el acento y utilizar preposiciones diferentes a para :lol:

doni1212
Apr 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
wow doni hablas un español genial para un no nativo, solo te falta mejorar el acento y utilizar preposiciones diferentes a para :lol:

Gracias! Por y para...:scared:

slamchamp
Apr 18th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Gracias! Por y para...:scared:
se nota que te gusta mucho el español:)

doni1212
Apr 19th, 2010, 12:31 AM
se nota que te gusta mucho el español:)

Si, el espanol es mi pasion y me siento mal cuando no puedo expresar yo misma. Para mi, hablando y escuchando son los mas dificil.

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Si, el espanol es mi pasion y me siento mal cuando no puedo expresar yo misma. Para mi, hablando y escuchando son los mas dificiles.

:)...right ? :unsure:

doni1212
Apr 19th, 2010, 01:36 AM
:)...right ? :unsure:

Yup! Thanks!

Blu€
Apr 19th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Actually it would be "Para mí hablar y escuchar es los más difícil" :wavey:

Milito22
Apr 19th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Actually it would be "Para mí hablar y escuchar es los más difícil" :wavey:

felicitaciones!;)