PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova is winning but Pierce is impressive

!Gio!
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Even though Sharapova is winning 6-2 3-2 as this match goes a long Mary only gets more impressive, I mean this is her first tournament back, I am pleasantly suprised.. Go Mary, even if you lose, which i think will happen this is really positive :worship:

Perfection
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:19 PM
She'll be ready for the US Open if she keeps up with this progress.

mirzalover
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:28 PM
i agree, damn she just lost

!Gio!
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I knew she was gonna lose but she impressed me she almost came back in the second but credit to Maria for fighting through, great match higher quality than Schnyder and Dementieva for sure.

PLP
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Actually, I thought Mary looked pretty bad :eek: , just a little lost out there and her movement was not good, but I wasn't expecting anymore from her as it is her first tournament since February. Glad that she is back though and I am sure she will be more competitive in her upcoming tournaments!

mirzalover
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Actually, I thought Mary looked pretty bad :eek: , just a little lost out there and her movement was not good, but I wasn't expecting anymore from her as it is her first tournament since February. Glad that she is back though and I am sure she will be more competitive in her upcoming tournaments!

well she wasnt moving well so she started to guess where maria was gonna hit and she was guessing wrong alot so maria was hitting winners like crazy

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I got the impression that Mary has a lot to work on. Anyone could have noticed lack of training and matches. I wasn't expecting that she will play brilliantly, though. It's her first tournament since February.. We'll see where her form will go.

alextim
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:41 PM
her next tournament is montreal

mr_burns
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:43 PM
she needs some more matches, don't forget maria is world no 4

sfselesfan
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Good win for Maria. Mary is dangerous and experienced. Her movement has never been an asset for her. When her game is on she doesn't need to move as much because she controls the points (a la Davenport). Today, she obviously allowed Sharapova to dictate.

SF