PDA

View Full Version : Shriver is Stupid

backhanddtl4
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:36 PM
She just said it's always good to "wrong foot" your oppenent...especially an opponent that isn't fast.....Everybody knows that against slower oppenents you should just go for the open court, which is always the easier shot. There is just more margin and it's safer/easier to do. You usually try to "wrong foot" quicker opponents because they are more likely to get to a shot hit into the open court.

Ryan
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:01 PM
She just said it's always good to "wrong foot" your oppenent...especially an opponent that isn't fast.....Everybody knows that against slower oppenents you should just go for the open court, which is always the easier shot. There is just more margin and it's safer/easier to do. You usually try to "wrong foot" quicker opponents because they are more likely to get to a shot hit into the open court.

I agree most of the time. Sometimes it really is good to wrong foot a slow opponent, because once they get started moving, chances are they don't turn on a dime and can overrun the shot going behind them. Generally though, I agree - that's why Hingis DOMINATES Seles.

southpaw58
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Shirver just Sucks big time BALLS

TFan1156
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:11 PM

That person you call stupid was quite a good professional tennis player... Amazing how she managed this being so technically ignorant about something that "everybody knows".... :lol:

GrandSlam05
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:31 AM
It maybe not have been the smartest statement, but Pam is not stupid. She's too witty to be stupid. You try commentating day after day on the same players and come up with something original to say ON THE SPOT. Once in a while you'll say something silly. Especially during a lopsided match where there's not as much drama. It's no biggie.

dizoo
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:46 AM
i hate her

Perfection
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:58 AM
:hearts: Pam is the best!

supergrunt
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:59 AM
I love Pam; she is so witty and sarcastic and she supports V. :)

pcrtennis
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:18 AM
She's great!

faboozadoo15
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:20 AM
while your statement is true, it's a good idea to wrong foot your opponents no matter what. it's a good mix up, effective against quick and slow players. against a player like pierce who doesn't change directions quickly, it's a good play. if mary isn't leaning into the ball, her ball will come back with nothing on it.

faboozadoo15
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:21 AM
oh, and pam rocks!

SelesFan70
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:53 AM
oh, and pam rocks!

:rocker2:

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:00 AM
i fucking love pam shriver, she's the best commentator ESPN could have.

dinhd82
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Pam and MJ called Cliffy out today regarding Hingis' spectacular comeback, one that he was so sure she wasn't going to have. LOLs. Love Pammy, hate Cliffy.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Shirver just Sucks big time BALLS

Highly doubt that. Her husband is in his sixties. Ewwww.......