PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles's License To Operate As A Tier II Should Be Revoked

pierce0415
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:50 PM
It is the Friday before the tournament ...
On their website, www.jpmorganchaseopen.com (http://www.jpmorganchaseopen.com), they don't have a complete list of Main Draw players.
They only have pictures of Sharapova, Dementieva, Williams x2, Schiavone, Kuznetsova and Petrova.
We know full well that Schiavone and Kuznetsova are not playing this tournament due to injury.
Yet the tournament keeps advertising them in order to sell tickets.
No news about Wild Cards.
No news on latest entries or withdrawals.

I say cancel this tournament and give the Tier II license to Cincinatti and let San Diego keep Tier I.

pierce0415
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:51 PM
plus the Main Page of the website is heavily a match between Samparas and Courier, two has-beens

hablo
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:53 PM
What a fabulous way for this tournament to promote tennis, indeed :yeah:

tenn_ace
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:54 PM
you should call L. Scott...

alwayshingis
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:55 PM
1) JP Morgan Chase website has always been atrocious.

2) They're kidding themselves if they think the names Kuznetsova and Schiavone sell tickets, because they don't. They just haven't updated the site.

3) Of course they are going to advertize the Sampras/Courier exhibition. I would consider paying just to see that match. It would be fun, and it will sell tickets more than anything else at that event (and I don't even particularly like men's tennis).

hurricanejeanne
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:00 PM
The only thing that bothers me about the LA site is the fact that there isn't a full list of players. But then again, even if it had a list, would they bother to update it? Because there are a lot of tournament sites that have lists but don't update the lists for the means to sell more tickets. So either way it's kind of a lose-lose situation. :shrug:

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:05 PM
do you have any idea how the tour works??? :retard:
"licences" being revoked and handed around because of a bad website?
this tournament has been a huge success for a LONG time. How much revenue do you think they get by having people who aren't even attending the event to hit their website?

Paneru
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:41 PM
this tournament has been a huge success for a LONG time. How much revenue do you think they get by having people who aren't even attending the event to hit their website?

Then tell Larry Scott to stop going on and on
about the "more fan friendly" bs he is spouting.

pierce0415
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:43 PM

of course I know how the tour works
but there are Tier IVs with better websites :o and don't need to lie to sell tix

Mightymirza
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:49 PM
is this one of tournies which doesnt have live scores??:rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:49 PM
of course I know how the tour works
but there are Tier IVs with better websites :o and don't need to lie to sell tix
but really, a tournament's website has little to nothing to do with the success of a long running succesful tournament like the one we're watching.

Paneru
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:56 PM
but really, a tournament's website has little to nothing to do with the success of a long running succesful tournament like the one we're watching.

I don't think that's the point.

Larry Scott is the one as of late
for doing all these supposedly fan
friendly things, yet no entry list to
tell who is playing, holding off on
announcement of major withdraws,
plus the draws and so forth at this time.

How hard is it to update sites, especially of
the USOS, compard to t4's who have better
sites than their major counterparts. Look how
long it to T2 Stanford to finally get its act together.

Simple, don't spout this "fan friendly" stuff Mr.Scott
when you aren't overseeing that these tourney's get
on the ball, especially T2's, 1's, and so on.

Shooter
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:16 PM
This tournament has been a huge success for a LONG time. That's an interesting statement. How do you know this? This is something I've wondered about because the event is run in a very bare-bones, no frills, manner. Maybe it seems that way because I'm comparing it to the other events I attend which are Tier I's (Indian Wells, Acura, and U.S. Open). If L.A. is a huge success, then it seems like they should put more $$$ into their website and advertising. If they are barely breaking even, it would be understandable that they wouldn't put much money into the extras, such as a web site.

Ellery
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:18 PM
:o :help:

ToeTag
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:30 PM
The "legends" night is joke. If they're going to have that it should be two players like Sabatini, and Graf. Samprass, and whatshisface? Talk about watching paint dry, and huge egos on display. ugh.

That little video screen, on the site, would be great if they were planning to show live matches on it. *hope springs eternal *

mike/topgun
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:33 PM
The website sucks, but the event itself has been really successful throughout the years.

BUT lately they've been struggling to attract more fans, more top players etc. so it's kinda understandable that the tier II label is something they won't lose unless it gets even worse than last year. Maybe then the WTA will decide to turn this event into a tier V:rolleyes:

drake3781
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:12 AM
It is the Friday before the tournament ...
On their website, www.jpmorganchaseopen.com (http://www.jpmorganchaseopen.com/), they don't have a complete list of Main Draw players.
They only have pictures of Sharapova, Dementieva, Williams x2, Schiavone, Kuznetsova and Petrova.
We know full well that Schiavone and Kuznetsova are not playing this tournament due to injury.
Yet the tournament keeps advertising them in order to sell tickets.
No news about Wild Cards.
No news on latest entries or withdrawals.

I say cancel this tournament and give the Tier II license to Cincinatti and let San Diego keep Tier I.

Cincinnati was the same way, even worse! They had a month-old "news article" (self-written) about some of the top players who would be there.

This is all that appeared right up to the day the Main Draw was announced.

Nothing!! availlable on who was coming.

I pressed the "Contact Us" button about a week out, and wrote that it was TIME TO UPDATE the information. :p Didn't happen.

JackWalker
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:10 AM
im sure it has to do with the wta tour. trust me, a tournmanet wants to have the best website as possible and when they cant its because they are not being allowed.

pierce0415
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:24 AM
OK the draw has been made for hours and no link to it on the official website