PDA

View Full Version : OMG 4.8 unemployment rate, we're doomed!

samsung101
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM
4.8% - oh no, the unemployment rate has slightly
increased, to gasp, 4.8%! Yikes! Sure. That's
practically full employment. That's enviable around
the world.

Amazing. If Bush were a Democrat with that rate,
he'd get a cover of Time w/a halo. He's an evil
Republican, and it's all bad.

Job growth and low int. rates and low unemployment
and high minority home ownership, darnit, things
stink.

Ditto for job growth, slower yes, not surprising,
but, it still went up, not down. Isn't that good.

Housing has slowed, but no bubble bursting yet.
Probably won't. Slowing down, coming down to
earth, yes. But, not like the late 1980s when huge
inventory killed some builders, and the trickling
down effect cost many jobs.

All in all, let's hope they don't raise the int. rate
next time. The stock market went up on the news,
then down, then mixed, then a big 'I don't know
what that means'. They don't want another int. rate
hike. That's clear. The news was not as bad as they
hoped for. Darnit again.

The heatwave and flooding have cost many jobs,
slowed down construction, and hurt investment more
than the price of oil lately.

spartanfan
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
And you do realize that the 4.8% does not include individuals who are no longer elibible for unemployment, and those people go unaccounted for. Now go and take a survey of people who are feeling the pinch over higher gasoline prices and those with an adjustable rate mortgage who are really starting to feel the pinch.

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:57 PM
And you do realize that the 4.8% does not include individuals who are no longer elibible for unemployment, and those people go unaccounted for.
exactly nor does it include college grads who are unable to find employment.. or who are under employed (i.e. working at mcdonalds because they have no other choice and dont qualify for unemployment) i would say as many as 40% of college grads are either unemployed or grossly underemployed 6 months after graduation.

RVD
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:05 PM
And you do realize that the 4.8% does not include individuals who are no longer elibible for unemployment, and those people go unaccounted for. Now go and take a survey of people who are feeling the pinch over higher gasoline prices and those with an adjustable rate mortgage who are really starting to feel the pinch.I assure you that he doesn't. Samsung probably returned from Neo-Conservative propaganda site and decided to stir it up a bit in here because he's pissed that things aren't.... going so well...leading up to the final months before the mid-term elections. :tape:

I expect to see Selesfan70 up in here soon, kissing Samsung's booty. :lol: :devil: :wavey:

SelesFan70
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:07 PM
exactly nor does it include college grads who are unable to find employment.. or who are under employed (i.e. working at mcdonalds because they have no other choice and dont qualify for unemployment) i would say as many as 40% of college grads are either unemployed or grossly underemployed 6 months after graduation.

But they are still employed... :)

SelesFan70
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I assure you that he doesn't. Samsung probably returned from Neo-Conservative propaganda site and decided to stir it up a bit in here because he's pissed that things aren't.... going so well...leading up to the final months before the mid-term elections. :tape:

I expect to see Selesfan70 up in here soon, kissing Samsung's booty. :lol: :devil: :wavey:

I'd rather kiss your booty :devil: if that's you in that avatar, but Samsung is right...as usual. ;)

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I assure you that he doesn't. Samsung probably returned from Neo-Conservative propaganda site and decided to stir it up a bit in here because he's pissed that things aren't.... going so well...leading up to the final months before the mid-term elections. :tape:

:worship: :worship: you know it

Giuliano
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:51 PM
What about the working poors? People who work, but can't even afford to rent a place? They are more and more.

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:53 PM
What about the working poors? People who work, but can't even afford to rent a place? They are more and more.
as SF70 has reminded us, they are still working so who cares. :rolleyes:

RVD
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I'd rather kiss your booty :devil: if that's you in that avatar, but Samsung is right...as usual. ;):haha: Oh hell! You made me laugh despite myself, and took the fire right outta my reply. :lol:
So never mind. :)
Incidentally, that's me and my 'reason for living' strolling at Stinson Beach. :cool: ;)