PDA

View Full Version : Kim's Diary at the San Diego Resort: "I feel fine...."

Mileen
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I feel fine in the San Diego Resort

Since Sunday night I am in San Diego. I wanted to come here as soon as possible to be able to practice a little while, but it wasnít easy to catch a flight at a descent hour from Stanford. The last few days I have been practicing lightly, and meanwhile I just finished my first match.

I have no reason to complain about the match against Stosur: everything went fine. But with Jankovic, somebody is awaiting me against whom I needed three sets last week. The players field is strong, anyway, with also Hingis, Sharapova and Pierce who returned...

Playing all these matches in a row makes me grasping painkillers for my back again. But next week I will be able to take a rest (this year I wonít play in L.A.), before I have to play in Montreal. After Montreal too, I will have a week rest, to be fresh for the US Open.

Also, last week I had an unexpected doping control. During tournaments we get controls several times, and also during resting periods they can visit us unexpectedly at any time. Although I have to say itís a bit strange, all of a sudden being hold by two people, when walking on the street, and been taken with them. But I think itís for a good cause and I can only support they try to discourage doping as much as possible.

Brian will stay with me for a while, but has to leave for home a few days before the US Open, when Bree [the basketball team where Brian is playing, in Belgium] will start its training. Meanwhile, he is examining the golf course out here. Thatís the nice thing about this tournament: we stay at a resort, where the playgrounds are, but also a golf course and yet some other relaxing facilities. And all the players stay out here.

Only, I miss my dogs. But then I call home and ask them on the phone. :) I also heard a lot of mail has come in again. I will certainly reply, but please be patient for a while, thatís something to be done after the American tour.

Regards,
Kim
x

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks ;)

AaronJoyB
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:29 PM
so nice like always!

moby
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Is the WTAtour making the players talk about doping control as much as possible? It's too much of a coincidence that players are randomly talking about it in their diaries, interviews etc.

KClijsters
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks ! :)

Mileen
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Is the WTAtour making the players talk about doping control as much as possible? It's too much of a coincidence that players are randomly talking about it in their diaries, interviews etc.

Maybe just the fact that doping is headline news lately, makes players talk about their doping control-experiences. And also because Martina complained about hers, it might have a snow ball effect, I guess.

Mileen
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:10 PM
so nice like always!

It's always nice to read her diary! :bounce:

Mileen
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I just wanne bring Kim's Diary into attention again. :bounce: As she disappeared on page 2 :sad:

Why isn't anybody reading Kim's most deep, inner feelings?!!! Don't they know she has an extremely deep and interesting inner & outer live?

A sunny good morning California! Hope it won't rain again today - during the Quarters!!!! :bounce:

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Also, last week I had an unexpected doping control. During tournaments we get controls several times, and also during resting periods they can visit us unexpectedly at any time. Although I have to say itís a bit strange, all of a sudden being hold by two people, when walking on the street, and been taken with them. But I think itís for a good cause and I can only support they try to discourage doping as much as possible.
Regards,
Kim
x

Uh, huh, bitch. Until the people taking you away aren't the doping police. Then we'll see what you think about that "good cause." Uh, huh.

henmanhill
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Can't help but love Kimmie.

S-T-E-V-E
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:00 PM
So they forced her again to play Montreal? It really sounds like this...

Slumpsova
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:23 PM
i wonder why WTA doesn't assign her to write a blog.

Yasmine
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Uh, huh, bitch. Until the people taking you away aren't the doping police. Then we'll see what you think about that "good cause." Uh, huh.
your point being? :shrug:

Mileen
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:39 AM
So they forced her again to play Montreal? It really sounds like this...

In a way, yes. When you win a tournament for the first time, you are obliged to defend your title the next year. Otherwise, you get a penalty.
Justine has had to pay a lot of penalties for instance, I read in an article, because she couldn't play due to her illness. Later on, in 2005, it was too 'abstract' to prove she still needed her resting periods for her body, so she preferred to pay the penalties, and choose for her body.