PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to be a Superhero? (show)

Brian Stewart
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Is anyone else watching this? Interesting twist at the end of episode 2.

kabuki
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Haven't seen episode 2 yet. First one was a trip though, esp. the way threw that toymaker out in the first 15 minutes. :lol:

BlazeII
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I saw the twist and he would make a good villian indeed.

My favorites are Fat Momma and Major Victory. But monkey girl impress me this episode. I couldn't believe she withstood the canine attack for ten minutes.

Brian Stewart
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:31 AM
I watched the first episode a couple of times. Apparently the competitors weren't paying close attention to Stan's exact instructions: the one who reaches the finish line the fastest, "in true superhero fashion". When I saw the little girl, and then Feedback sprinted right past her, I figured "you just screwed up".

In ep. 2, it was funny seeing Creature get rag-dolled by the dogs. She went right after Tyveculus, remarking that she was as big as one of his legs.

I thought the second elimination in Ep. 2 was a bit lame. Almost as lame as the new costume they made for Tyveculus. Did you catch his got-an-ugly-sweater-from-grandma look when he claimed he liked it?

It's been hard to quibble with the eliminations. And the choice for villain (not going to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet) was good.

I'd have to say the frontrunners right now are Major Victory and Fat Momma, although, as the first elimination in Ep. 2 showed us, everyone's one major screwup from being bounced. Feedback is probably in the mix, along with Monkey Woman (major bounceback by her). Lemuria is probably in the second group, too, as she's still got a clean record, which puts her just ahead of Tyveculus. I would be shocked if Creature got anywhere close to winning it. I'd expect her to be eliminated any time now.

Major Victory seems to have hit the right balance between taking the challenges seriously while still having fun. I think he or Fat Momma would have to make a monumental mistake to be eliminated.

kabuki
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Monkey Woman kicked ass against the dogs!

Tyveculus' costume was hilarious! That avian mohawk helmet was a trip.

And how the hell do you say Lemuria? Even she can't make up her mind. :lol:

BlazeII
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Monkey Woman kicked ass against the dogs!

Tyveculus' costume was hilarious! That avian mohawk helmet was a trip.

And how the hell do you say Lemuria? Even she can't make up her mind. :lol:

Her costume was kickass though.

kabuki
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Her costume was kickass though.

Totally agree. She looked incredible. Feedback's was good also.

Brian Stewart
Aug 11th, 2006, 08:38 AM
****SPOILER ALERT****
If you haven't seen episode 3 yet, read no further.

It didn't take long for the Dark Enforcer to strike. A simple act like getting a takeout meal leads to an elimination. Monkey Woman completely blew it. Only 2 of them didn't divulge their real names. Even the previously spotless Major Victory (or "Major Dumbass", as he called himself) tripped up.

Pretty mean trick with the rooftop rescue. Only Creature got an inkling something was up, remarking how it seemed they were going in a different direction. They should have realized the show wouldn't want to leave themselves open to litigation from the participants' next-of-kin. :)

The second elimination was odd. I would have to agree with Fat Momma's assessment that the ones who did the "throw me out" spiel were just blowing smoke, and saying what they thought Stan wanted to hear. Stan probably knew it, too. But still, if she figured that out, she should have played along. Tyveculus probably got tripped up on his previous brush with elimination, where he almost got eliminated for not being honest about the costume, so he went for total honesty this time, and it cost him.

5 left, My guesses for the favorites:

Major Victory, and Feedback. The other 3 are pretty much a jump ball. I'd give Fat Momma a slight edge over Lemuria (whom they keep calling "Lumeria"), who I'd give a slight edge over Creature. I wonder if they'll do that "previously eliminated contestant let back into the game" twist that most of the reality shows go for. Why did they make a new costume for Nitro G, who was eliminated well before that stage?

"Be a winner, not a weiner."

Brian Stewart
Aug 18th, 2006, 06:36 AM
And then there were 3. It's basically who we expected. The first elimination was a bit unusual. But the background "dirt", coupled with the morning actions while doing good deeds, made the choice easy.

Surprised how the "secret quests" went in the 2nd elimination. And it made it basically cut-and-dried. So why the 2nd nominee? Still, again, they got the right one.

Just about a jump ball with the remaining 3. I'm sticking with them in the order I listed them in the previous post, although I wouldn't be surprised to see the highest 2 reversed. Their next challenge is supposed to include pursuing the villain through a mall. Should be an interesting finale.