PDA

View Full Version : Melanie Griffith lights daughter's cigarette

RainyDays
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:40 AM
August 03, 2006
Melanie Griffith lights cigarette for daughter Dakota
Melanie Griffith came under fire today when she was snapped lighting a cigarette for herself and then for her underage daughter Dakota, 16, outside of a Beverly Hills boutique. Although laws are different elsewhere, in the United States, she is not yet legally allowed to smoke, and 300 posters at Us Weekly's blog comments section shared their opinion on the situation.

Photo courtesy SplashNews via Us Weekly. (photo in the attachment)

from www.celebrity-babies.com

Pheobo
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:45 AM
:rolleyes:

How could anybody care about this?

RainyDays
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:48 AM
I really don't think it's as big a deal as everyone else is making it seem.
Atleast Melanie knows that her daughter smokes.

drake3781
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Um, does that daughter seem unreasonably skinny? :confused:

BigB08822
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Her daughter will smoke anyway, I don't see the big deal. I am sure Melanie has explained to her the health issues and such. If she's gonna smoke she's gonna smoke. My family did this with us as well with both drinking and smoking.

Infiniti2001
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Digusting, but at least the daughter is not hiding it like other kids her age :shrug:

Pureracket
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Now I'm wondering what Mel does for her right when she's getting ready to have sex.

Wiggly
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:38 PM
My mom would not lighs it. She woulf slap me in the face :tape:

kabuki
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Obviously, I don't know personally, but that picture and my general impression of Melanie Griffith leads me to believe that she is the type of Mom who tries to be BFF with her kids instead of a parent. Disservice to her children IMO. But, we all know what opinions are like.

canoe.
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Um, does that daughter seem unreasonably skinny? :confused:
Yeah so does Mel. She probably smoked while she was pregnant with the kid.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Disgusting habit.

harloo
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:03 PM
It amazes me how parents allow their children to smoke and drink with them. One of my friends allows his 14 year old son to have wine for dinner. :rolleyes: :mad:

Mrs. Peel
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:50 PM
This is Melanie Griffith we are talking about. She was doing waayyyy more than smoking cigarettes when she herself was 13/14.

This is a woman who didn't know about the Holocaust until she made that crap movie Shining Through with Michael Douglas. Her brain is almost non-existant, so not really surprising!

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:03 PM
My mom would not lighs it. She woulf slap me in the face :tape:

ahahahah ;)

CC
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I had the impression Melanie was on drugs based on how she's been looking.