PDA

View Full Version : QF: (1) Kim Clijsters vs. (8) Martina Hingis

CanIGetAWhat
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:25 AM
This is the third time they've played this season. Kim has won both times at the Australian Open 6-3, 2-6, 6-4 and French Open 7-6(5), 6-1.

Will Kim beat Martina again?

My prediction:

Kim Clijsters def. Martina Hingis 7-5, 4-6, 6-3

spencercarlos
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:30 AM
This is the third time they've played this season. Kim has won both times at the Australian Open 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 and French Open 7-6(5), 6-1.

My prediction:

Kim Clijsters def. Martina Hingis 7-5, 4-6, 6-3
6-3 2-6 6-4 Aopen this year.

:p

selyoink
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Clijsters 6-3, 6-3.

CanIGetAWhat
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:31 AM
6-3 2-6 6-4 Aopen this year.

:pdetails, details, details, peto. :rolleyes: :p

PLP
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Well, I WANT Martina to win in 2, but it is probably going to go to 3 no matter who wins...still I have to go with Hingis, hopefully she can take a 5-3 lead in their H2H! :bounce:

delicatecutter
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:33 AM
If Martina was ever going to beat Kim, this would be the time. However, she doesn't seem to be in ideal form herself. Kimmie got her wake-up call today against Jelena; therefore, I predict Kim in two relatively routine sets.

TFan1156
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:34 AM
This is the third time they've played this season. Kim has won both times at the Australian Open 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 and French Open 7-6(5), 6-1.

My prediction:

Kim Clijsters def. Martina Hingis 7-5, 2-6, 6-3

I agree Kim will up her game from today and win tomorrow.

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Kim def. Martina 6-4, 6-3

hurricanejeanne
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Thinking Kim in three. She didn't play that great in the beginning of Stanford and then picked up her game in the important rounds. Also Kim's movement in Stanford shocked me, I haven't seen her move that well in months. Martina will have a chance, but I think Kim will just be too solid for her.

Océane
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:54 AM
I think Kim but I hope Marti ! :)

Go Marti !!!

Chrysanthemum
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Well, for me, it depends on whether martina had learned something from her previous lost to kimmy. Martina really need to come up with a good strategy (something new ?) to play tomorrow.

Im sure that kimmy is already comfortable with her game againts hingis, because she knew exactly how to play hingis since she beat her twice this year.

So its all up to Hingis, she know kim is a great mover, consistent and powerful. Its hingis task now to find a strategy to beat her.

Otherwise, Kim will get another victory.

tennnisfannn
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:59 AM
martina is gonna beat Kim at some point and what better time than now! Kim is playing well but droppping sets to vera, jankovich and jamea at FedCup might be the inspiration for martina to go one set better. All the best martina!

Chrysanthemum
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:00 AM
But looking from her match againts Pennetta today, ummm...its hard for martina to win a set againts clijsters. Specially with that serve....

Oh i wish all the best for both players, love them both

Chrysanthemum
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:02 AM
martina is gonna beat Kim at some point and what better time than now! Kim is playing well but droppping sets to vera, jankovich and jamea at FedCup might be the inspiration for martina to go one set better. All the best martina!

Dont forget that both vera, jelena and jamea is playing a good tennis recently. So i dont really surprise if all those girls can take a set out of kim.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Kim, 6-4 6-4.

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Martina needs to make Kim pay for her extreme forehand grip. That means pinning Kim in the backhand corner and then hitting short, angled slices to the forehand side when she gets a chance, forcing Kim to pull up on her forehand on the run. If Martina follows the shot to net, even better. Martina needs to serve well, as she has been doing, and needs to not have the serious lapse in concentration she had against Pennetta (all those errors from 3-1 until 3-6:o .) I think she can do it, but I'm not going to bet against Kim.

Marcus Jordan
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Martina almost beat Kim at the Oz Open (3-setter) and took the first set to a breaker at RG despite her sore tummy. She isn't far from beating Kim.

supergrunt
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Kim 7-6,6-0

hingisGOAT
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:24 AM
when she has lost to kim this year -- she played poorly in both matches. which is not to make excuses, but hingis is great at turning around losing records (ask venus, dementieva). i think she's going to play a very aggressive game tomorrow and take the first set 6-4, lose the second set 2-6, and win the third set 6-3 :lol:

go martina! :armed:

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Kim in 3 sets. :mad:

I would love to see Hingis win in straight sets. :hearts: :hearts:

UncleZeke
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:54 AM
heart says Hingis, head says Clisters in 3.

rubeno
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:57 AM
I don't think Mingis will beat Kim on this surface...I don't think she'll be able to handle Kims top spin forehands...She couldn't on clay so she wont today...

G~Playa
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Clijsters In 3

sapir1434
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Kim in 2 :wavey:

fifiricci
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Kim will win, but I'm not half as confident as I'm making this sound.

Kim has to succeed in the US, because she has basically stated that this is the only part of the season when she can perform her best and that everything else is preparation for this (a tad scary that, if you ask me, but there we go).

Hope she can pull it off. But I'm sure Hingis will be very very motivated today.

rikvanlooy
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Martina almost beat Kim at the Oz Open (3-setter) and took the first set to a breaker at RG despite her sore tummy. She isn't far from beating Kim.

This doesn't mean anything. She lost both times.

Serena and Venus almost lost several/multiple times against Kim and Justine.

Just have a look at their h2h. It's winning that counts.

Hingis has a h2h of 0-4 against Kim and Justine this year. This says a lot.

I am going to surprised if Kim loses this one.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Easy win for Kim judging after Martina's match. Martina lost a set to Penetta and shouldn't have done it. The truth is that Kim lost a set to Jankovic too, but Jelena is in a really good shape right now.
I say 64 63 for Kim

Errinella
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Fairly comprehensive straight sets win for Kim. She has total mental dominance over Martina.

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Kim's backhand has really gotten better and better in the last couple of months.
I have never seen her backhand this good.
Her movement is back to outstanding.

This is going to be a really tough task for Martina. She's going to have to work really hard to win. I just don't see her up for the challenge.

Cankarlo
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:13 AM
I think Martina has a chance. The AO was only Martina's third tournament after a 3 year back. And Kim wasn't playing bad at all. She was 4/0 up in the first and Martina came back 2-0 down in the second to win the set 6/2. If she could do this score after a 3 year back I think she can do more of that now as well. Don't worry Martina has a plan for today's match. But I really want to see this match. Eurosport is not going to show it. Why don't they show the match in the no comment format?????????????

Sun*Kissed
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Kim in 2 :wavey:
ditto, but 3 if she her mind wanders

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I think Martina has a chance. The AO was only Martina's third tournament after a 3 year back. And Kim wasn't playing bad at all. She was 4/0 up in the first and Martina came back 2-0 down in the second to win the set 6/2. If she could do this score after a 3 year back I think she can do more of that now as well. Don't worry Martina has a plan for today's match. But I really want to see this match. Eurosport is not going to show it. Why don't they show the match in the no comment format?????????????

Kim movement was obviously not as good as it is now. She might have been moving at a maximum of 2/3 of what she usually is capable of at the Australian Open.
Martina hadn't played a slam in 3 years.
Her best chance came there to beat Kim because of her impaired movement.

Kim is moving great now. Her backhand is now a serious weapon. Her forehand has always been a weapon. She's even playing some smart points at net.
I don't know what Martina is going to do against that.

alextim
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I hope Martina

tfannis
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Kim said her legs felt dead yesterday. She's playing her 7th match in 9 days and might get a bit tired. So I'm not convinced she's going to win this, but if she has a good night sleep, a relaxing day and if she gets her movement together Kim should win this in two :)

Highlandman
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Clijsters 7-5,6-2

Lulu.
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Kim in 3 sets

Grohl
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:13 AM
kim in 3

<Sven>
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
I think Kim will take this one as well, but I think Martine will be able to take a set

-Makiri-
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Martina in 3, i hope :)

Dexter
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I don't give a **** :p

but Clijsters in 2.

saki
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I want to say Martina but she's just plain not fit enough to challenge Kim.

Munchen
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Good luck Kimmie :worship: :worship: :worship: 7-5 7-5 win to Kimmie :worship:

WonderfulLee
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:06 AM
kim will win in two!

Marcus Jordan
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:35 AM
If Martina wears the hot dress she will win easily.

hwanmig
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Martina stomps Kim 6-0 6-0

KClijsters
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:00 AM
As a Km fan I hope Kim will win ofcourse...... but I think it will not be easy...... but I have to be positiv and that's why I say Kim in 3 :)

Ballbasher
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Kim 3-6 7-5 6-4

Mileen
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Cankarlo But I really want to see this match. Eurosport is not going to show it. Why don't they show the match in the no comment format?????????????

Indeed!!!!!!!! That's a great idea!!
They seem to have changed their policy. :sad: :sad: Last year they showed "all" the matches, certainly from the quarters on, and also 2e or 3e round matches of Tier I tournaments! :bounce: Are they a bit manipulating us by trying to stimulate us to buy Eurosport 2? (Eurosport 2 is showing the matches.) Or do they want to show other sports more often, since they had almost become a tennis channel? (Which I didn't mind!!!! :) ) Maybe Belgium will show the match, I sure hope so! Are you able to receive Belgium 2?

Mileen
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Kim said her legs felt dead yesterday. She's playing her 7th match in 9 days and might get a bit tired. So I'm not convinced she's going to win this, but if she has a good night sleep, a relaxing day and if she gets her movement together Kim should win this in two :)

Dito! But due to her tiredness I think she might need 3 sets. I hope she will be able to regroup against Martina.

RenaSlam.
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Kim 7-5, 6-3

~Carsten~
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I think Kim is stronger then Martina!
Kim in 2

Hagar
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Kim has to succeed in the US, because she has basically stated that this is the only part of the season when she can perform her best and that everything else is preparation for this (a tad scary that, if you ask me, but there we go).

Well, Fi, it sounds like you put on a new record but unfortunately, it is yet another broken one. :devil:

After saying for half a year that Kim is not motivated, now you keep harping about the fact that Kim allegedly plays the whole year in function of the US Open Series. Well, if she considers reaching the semis in 3 successive slams as a preparation, I can perfectly live with that. Especially since she had to withdraw in 1 slam and faced JHH in the 2 others. As far as I am concerned, for me that means that she was not chanceless to actually make it to the final.

Jackson.
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Martina, 2/6 7/6 6/4 :hearts:

Dymension
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Martina :bounce::bounce:

ans
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:46 PM
After saying for half a year that Kim is not motivated, now you keep harping about the fact that Kim allegedly plays the whole year in function of the US Open Series.

"This is the season I look forward to the most," Clijsters said. "My attitude is completely different than when I start the clay season, when I say, 'Let's just get it over with'. Wimbledon is like the halfway point to the hardcourt season. Movement wise on hard courts, I feel much more comfortable than on any other surface."

morningglory
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM
make me rich pls Martina ;)

PLP
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:53 PM
:) Martina, 7-5, 6-4

Cankarlo
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:54 PM
If it is going to be a three set match. No chance I am afraid for Kim. But I still think this match is going to be play in high standarts. And I really want to see long rallies. I want to see some sprints from these two. Please eurosport 2 show this match with no comment format. It is pretty funny to watch the match with no comment. They did give Schnyder/Golovin match last week. And it was quite well. I like Schnyder so much but Martina vs. Clijsters match is going to be a real match. If they don't show it I will be dissapointed.

PLP
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Martina stomps Kim 6-0 6-0
:worship:

matthieu_tennis
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:21 PM
the major problem is the serve clijsters has a nice serve and hingis is bad lol ;p
If she can break the forehand of clijsters with varieties she will have the chance to beat her :)

No Name Face
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Hingis 3-6, 6-4, 6-4