PDA

View Full Version : Please contact WTAWORLD staff regarding Dita Von Teese avatar

Reuchlin
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:13 AM
As a Christian, Dita Von Teese avatar is one of the most offensive depictions of Christ I have seen. Dita Von Teese has taken something that is a sacred symbol to billions of people around the world: a symbol of purity, charity and mercy and has stained it beyond recognition. As a board that ranks as one of the most tolerant on the web, I feel that there is no room for such a violent and sexually explicit disregard for the sacred. Please join me in voicing your concern to WTAworld staff.

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:18 AM
why cant you put her on your ignore list or turn off avatars???

northern lad
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:20 AM
i like her avatar. :p

Ferosh
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:22 AM
I'll remove it myself.

Ferosh
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:25 AM
As a Christian, Dita Von Teese avatar is one of the most offensive depictions of Christ I have seen. Dita Von Teese has taken something that is a sacred symbol to billions of people around the world: a symbol of purity, charity and mercy and has stained it beyond recognition. As a board that ranks as one of the most tolerant on the web, I feel that there is no room for such a violent and sexually explicit disregard for the sacred. Please join me in voicing your concern to WTAworld staff.

Violent? WTF? :haha:

northern lad
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Violent? WTF? :haha:
you mean you haven't heard? sodomy is soooooo violent... right up there with murder

Reuchlin
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:28 AM
why cant you put her on your ignore list or turn off avatars???
if you saw a display that was publicly attacking something that was at the core of all that you love and hold dear, would "ignoring it" be good enough?

Pheobo
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Get the fuck over it.

I hold panda bears sacred but if someone had a panda sex avatar I would be amused. Stop being a child about it.

Stamp Paid
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Damn Juan, you changed it. :sad:

CanIGetAWhat
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I'll remove it myself.Aww, I miss your avatar. :sad:

Some people are just so damn uptight. :rolleyes:

Ferosh
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Damn Juan, you changed it. :sad:

:devil:

Ferosh
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:35 AM
But it's ok for them to compare gay marriage to beastiality, incest, etc.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:43 AM
I personnally think you should put it back on there. It's easy to feel bad when someone attacks your personnal beliefs. I wonder if that's how gay people feel when Christians attack the beliefs they have in a same-sex love relationship. :rolleyes:

Ferosh
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:49 AM
I personnally think you should put it back on there. It's easy to feel bad when someone attacks your personnal beliefs. I wonder if that's how gay people feel when Christian attack the beliefs they have in a same-sex love relationship. :rolleyes:

:bowdown:

I don't really want to cause a huge commotion. If you're still interested, it is featured in my signature.

XaDavK_Kapri
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Now make a thread about me bee-yatch.

Ferosh
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:56 AM

OMFG! What is that? :bowdown:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Pagliacci, i think you started war and sadly, you are outnumbered ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Oops :angel:

Pheobo

:worship:

I'd use that as mine too if I had the vcash!

Ferosh
This shit is hilarious! :haha:

~{X}~
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Wow...skanky avatar David ;) I LOVE IT! :hearts:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:01 AM
:worship:

I'd use that as mine too if I had the vcash!

How much vcash do ya need to change it?

Ferosh
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Due to popular demand, I've decided to bring back my avatar. :)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Yay :D Let's unite! ;)

~{X}~
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:09 AM
YAY :lol:

SzavayFi
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:11 AM
:help:

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:26 AM
lol omg now everyone has this avatar >_<

pagliacci is saddened ::comforts pag::

Pheobo
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:41 AM
How much vcash do ya need to change it?

700 I think. I have 400 something

NyCPsU
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM
thats pretty messed up if you ask me
and i aint even religious :rolleyes:

venus_rulez
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I'm gay and I believe in God and I find the avatar to be wildly inappropriate. Enough to complain about it? No, there is freedom of speech and I can always not look at it or as other suggested turn the avatars off. In saying that, it's hard to reprimand someone for disrespectful comments about being gay and then having an avatar like the Dita Von teese had and not expect people to be wildly offended. You may not care, and you have every right to feel that way, just remember the other side has that right to feel the same way as well.

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:54 AM
:haha: I LOVE IT Juan :kiss: :hearts: :hug:

drake3781
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:54 AM
I'm gay and I believe in God and I find the avatar to be wildly inappropriate. Enough to complain about it? No, there is freedom of speech and I can always not look at it or as other suggested turn the avatars off. In saying that, it's hard to reprimand someone for disrespectful comments about being gay and then having an avatar like the Dita Von teese had and not expect people to be wildly offended. You may not care, and you have every right to feel that way, just remember the other side has that right to feel the same way as well.

Well said.

Don't try to control other people, Pagliacci. This is a constant theme with you. Can you do some research on your control issues and find out the root of them, then change it for the better? Even if you don't want to change, it would help you to research and understand why you are that way.

Martian Jeza
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:56 AM

You are gay ? Wow, what a surprise especialy on wtaworld :lol:

drake3781
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:01 AM
if you saw a display that was publicly attacking something that was at the core of all that you love and hold dear, would "ignoring it" be good enough?

Yes, it has to be. We don't all hold dear the same things. And we all have the right to express ourselves.

What you do is live your life as you believe best. What other people do is their business.

venus_rulez
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:02 AM
You are gay ? Wow, what a surprise especialy on wtaworld :lol:

:lol: I think the gays are all over the internet. No wonder the internet tends to be more liberal than the actual working world.

Reuchlin
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Some of the replies that this thread has receiving a truly sickening—especially since the avatar goes against the general principles of the code-of-conduct as it is laid out by this website (RE: sexually explicit scenes). While I do appreciate some poster’s suggestions that I block avatars or simply ‘not look,’ I think it is fair to say that my experience on this forum should not be in any way compromised by what are CLEARLY and without question offensive images which should not be allowed on this website in the first place.

Martian Stacey
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Some of the replies that this thread has receiving a truly sickening—especially since the avatar goes against the general principles of the code-of-conduct as it is laid out by this website (RE: sexually explicit scenes). While I do appreciate some poster’s suggestions that I block avatars or simply ‘not look,’ I think it is fair to say that my experience on this forum should not be in any way compromised by what are CLEARLY and without question offensive images which should not be allowed on this website in the first place.
If you have a problem with someone's avatar, i suggest you use the report post button on one of the user's posts, which will report it to an admin :)

If it is in breach of the site's terms and conditions, they will remove the avatar.

Otherwise, all i can suggest is that you ask the poster nicely to remove it.

James
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:15 AM
If you have a problem with someone's avatar, i suggest you use the report post button on one of the user's posts, which will report it to an admin :)

If it is in breach of the site's terms and conditions, they will remove the avatar.

Otherwise, all i can suggest is that you ask the poster nicely to remove it.

Sound advice from one of the most wise posters on here. :yeah:

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:22 AM

Well even your avatar could be considered offensive by some. There are people out there who don't like clowns and will actually freak out if they see them.
I find the the avatar to be funny. I mean people actually use that phrase as a curse word. I don't really think they know what they're actually saying. :tape:
Maybe it will help in that regard.

Martian Jeza

She's not for nothing a Martian :angel:

Martian Stacey

Would give you a rep, but i can't :( Must have given you one already recently :lol:

James
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:23 AM
She's not for nothing a Martian :angel:

Yet I have not found the same wisdom in you yet. :p ;)

Martian Jeza
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Yet I have not found the same wisdom in you yet. :p ;)

I've another wisdom ; being stupid doesn't belong in my dictonary ;)

James
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I've another wisdom ; being stupid doesn't belong in my dictonary ;)

You sure about that? Do I need to drop the word Justine? :p

Martian Jeza
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:33 AM
You sure about that? Do I need to drop the word Justine? :p

Errrr no, You should avoid this name... :tape:

James
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Errrr no, You should avoid this name... :tape:

What name? Justine? ;)

Martian Jeza
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:35 AM
What name? Justine? ;)

Everything about JHH but we are off-topic in here :p

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:44 AM
:yawn: :yawn: :baby: :baby:

nothing was being attacked. indeed something was being made love to.

Kunal
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:44 AM
did u first try pm'g the user before starting a thread?

Paul.
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:48 AM
i dont like the clown in your avatar. really scares me. i have really bad clownaphobia! :scared:

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:52 AM
:baby: :baby: :baby:

speaking of big babies....

have anyone of you heard of the baby jesus butt plug?

http://www.divine-interventions.com/images/baby_front.jpg

http://www.divine-interventions.com/

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:56 AM
:baby: :baby: :baby:

speaking of big babies....

have anyone of you heard of the baby jesus butt plug?

http://www.divine-interventions.com/images/baby_front.jpg

http://www.divine-interventions.com/

Umm...That looks to be a bit painful.
I'm just wondering if it has been used. :tape: :help:

mandy7
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:57 AM
he, funny avatar i reckon

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Umm...That looks to be a bit painful.
I'm just wondering if it has been used. :tape: :help:
:lol: :lol: i dont know any buttplug that does NOT look painful imo

RatedR Superstar
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Get the fuck over it.

I hold panda bears sacred but if someone had a panda sex avatar I would be amused. Stop being a child about it.

wow, youre comparing a panda bear to Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

a lot of you gets mad when someone say something bad about your favorite players and a lot of you get mad when they make fun of your race..same thing with this, a lot of people believes in Jesus Christ, i may not be a religious person but i still believe in Him and i still respect Him..and for Him to be portrayed like that is really insulting for those who believes in him..it is not a childish behavior to fight for what he believes in, it is a childish behavior to make fun of peoples belief.

mandy7
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:36 AM
as long as there are more jesus freaks bashing people with other believes
than there are ppl with other believes who bash the jesus freaks
on this forum, i think the avatar should be allowed :p

RatedR Superstar
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:46 AM
as long as there are more jesus freaks bashing people with other believes
than there are ppl with other believes who bash the jesus freaks
on this forum, i think the avatar should be allowed :p

if you read all the post, you can see that there are more freaks that are bashing the jesus freaks than the jesus freaks bashing people with other believes

mandy7
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:54 AM
if you read other threads, you might see that differently

RatedR Superstar
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:05 AM
if you read other threads, you might see that differently

then they should have left their anger or their fights in those threads and not display it publicly where other people might and will get ofended..its still tasteless mandy, whatever you would say, its still tasteless, you get mad when people make fun of daniela, hell, you get mad when people say svetlana isnt hot, its the same thing, but for us christians, its an attack on our belief and in our humanity..

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:23 AM

do not speak for the only thing you do is reveal your ignorance.

yes some cultures and religions do hold animals scared cows for example. and unlike "jesus" we know they are real and everything there is to know about them. i have seen and touched cows, i can see why some would hold them sacred. i have seen pandas (though i have never touched one) and it would be a fool who would NOT hold them sacred.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/panda/images/top_pic2b.jpg

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/panda/photo_pop_green/images/3.jpg

http://www.fargomoorhead.org/photos/things/red-panda-web.jpg

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :worship: :worship: :worship:

RatedR Superstar
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:37 AM
do not speak for the only thing you do is reveal your ignorance.

yes some cultures and religions do hold animals scared cows for example. and unlike "jesus" we know they are real and everything there is to know about them. i have seen and touched cows, i can see why some would hold them sacred. i have seen pandas (though i have never touched one) and it would be a fool who would NOT hold them sacred.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/panda/images/top_pic2b.jpg

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/panda/photo_pop_green/images/3.jpg

http://www.fargomoorhead.org/photos/things/red-panda-web.jpg

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :worship: :worship: :worship:

see, that is an attack to my belief, you dont see me say "gays should be burn because it is immoral," right? it is because i respect gays, but my point is, this is not about one's belief but this is more about respect to other people, we dont find that avatar funny because Jesus is sacred to us, you guys can say whatever you want to jesus or to us christians or to gays as long as it is in a thread made for that alone where you guys can debate all you want, but that avatar is displayed in public, it's is disrespecting.

if i where to get a hold of a picture of your mother, would you like to see it displayed as an avatar where someone photoshoped it and made her look very disgraceful? ofcourse not, its the samething with us..

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:45 AM
although if i were a man i would hold the sperm whale scared...

EACH testis weighs one fucking TON, and it can produce GALLONS of sperm in one... erm... shot.... :tape:

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:51 AM
see, that is an attack to my belief, you dont see me say "gays should be burn because it is immoral," right? it is because i respect gays, but my point is, this is not about one's belief but this is more about respect to other people, we dont find that avatar funny because Jesus is sacred to us, you guys can say whatever you want to jesus or to us christians or to gays as long as it is in a thread made for that alone where you guys can debate all you want, but that avatar is displayed in public, it's is disrespecting.

if i where to get a hold of a picture of your mother, would you like to see it displayed as an avatar where someone photoshoped it and made her look very disgraceful? ofcourse not, its the samething with us..
i think maybe the problem is that you cant read... or maybe you can read but lack the mental capacity for understanding... either way its no surprise considering you want everyone to stroke your ideologies and you seek to prove your point by insulting hindus and panda worshippers who have done you no wrong. :smash:

Brooklyn90
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:55 AM
oh shut the fuck up!!!

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:59 AM
not only do some of use hold pandas holy, we would NOT be offended by an image of them mating... its a part of life, and we are completely secure in that reality. comparing an image of the mating process to beating gays and raping children and nuclear war as some have done is just plain nutty.

http://library.thinkquest.org/27396/breed02.jpg
thats right, get in there! :lol: :rolls:

mandy7
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:59 AM
then they should have left their anger or their fights in those threads and not display it publicly where other people might and will get ofended..its still tasteless mandy, whatever you would say, its still tasteless, you get mad when people make fun of daniela, hell, you get mad when people say svetlana isnt hot,
i don't get mad when someone thinks svetlana ain't hot
that's just all fun and games
and i don't get mad when ppl bash Daniela, i just defend her
and sometimes tell ppl to stfu

i cant believe someone would even use this as their avatar, i may not be a religious person anymore, but this is just pathetic
but for us christians, its an attack on our belief and in our humanity..
make up your mind :)

Pheobo
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM

a lot of you gets mad when someone say something bad about your favorite players and a lot of you get mad when they make fun of your race..same thing with this, a lot of people believes in Jesus Christ, i may not be a religious person but i still believe in Him and i still respect Him..and for Him to be portrayed like that is really insulting for those who believes in him..it is not a childish behavior to fight for what he believes in, it is a childish behavior to make fun of peoples belief.

Pandas are cuter.

OH! AND!! AND!!! :eek:

You know how all male animals are bi sexual because they'll fuck anything that moves? The same goes for humans...animals show us what's natural. So, if you think about it, Jesus was bi :D

Nicjac
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:12 PM

Actually I am offended by your signature.

Congratulations on your Wimbledon 2006 win Amelie. You bitch!

Calling a woman a bitch openly at a message board is neither Christian, nor respectful to billions of women around the world AND you stain the reputation of this particular person beyond recognition.

I think you should seriously consider changing that if you wanna keep moralising the rest of this board posters.

Sam L
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Dita von Teese... are you a fan of Dita Parlo?

Pureracket
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:01 PM

a lot of you gets mad when someone say something bad about your favorite players and a lot of you get mad when they make fun of your race..same thing with this, a lot of people believes in Jesus Christ, i may not be a religious person but i still believe in Him and i still respect Him..and for Him to be portrayed like that is really insulting for those who believes in him..it is not a childish behavior to fight for what he believes in, it is a childish behavior to make fun of peoples belief.I'm kinda soooo not in this discussion, but I fail to see what right someone who has chosen the name Pimp-Daddy Rex has to point out the ills of others.

Dude, your name is Pimp-Daddy Rex. I'm not sure if you heard me, "Your name is Pimp-Daddy Rex, but you're trying to talk morals."

griffin
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:42 PM
ftr, nudity and explicit sex are not allowed in avatars.

but next time just REPORT THE DAMN THING rather than start an argument about that all but guaranteed to encourage other kiddied to copy the very thing your complaining about.

Jeebus, it's like asking to have a blatantly offensive post deleted, and then quoting it six times.