PDA

View Full Version : Will the Tel Aviv tournament go ahead?

The Kaz
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:54 AM
With all the conflict going on in that area lately, one wonders whether the tier IV Anda open will go ahead or be changed to another location or being cancelled altogether. Shame if this happens I would really like Smashnova to win as her last hurrah. Any thoughts on the matter or any news?

hurricanejeanne
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Good question, I totally forgot about that tournament this fall, I too would like to know if it will be held.

sapir1434
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Please no :sad:

matthias
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:50 AM
i really hope for the region that the war is soon over, and the tournament can be held
but if not then it will be cancelled
and if not - who will be crazy enough to play there?

Mateo Mathieu
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:55 PM
The tournament isn't cancelled unless if the war still going on for next 6 months :tape:

Dexter
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I doubt many players will risk their life to go there :o

Wiggly
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Anyway, players will be too scared to play there.

The Tour will play it safe and cancel it.

Just Do It
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:08 PM
haha then that is a chance for Jelena Dokic to play in MD without wild card :lol:
Is that Tier IV ?

Dexter
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:09 PM
yep it's Tier IV.

St.Sebastian
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I don't think it should be cancelled. Thousands of people live in Tel-Aviv and at the moment it is a safe place.

Anyway, I never realised this tournament was in the tour schedule :retard: What a divvy I am!

Just Do It
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:11 PM
is that Karen on your Avatar ? :)

St.Sebastian
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
is that Karen on your Avatar ? :)

Of course it is :hearts:

Just Do It
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:23 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa I ADORE HER !!! :lick:

dizoo
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Peer and Smashnova will play there! for sure...!

Mateo Mathieu
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Last time I checked, Tel Aviv is not a war zone :rolleyes: I don't think the Lebanese government would want to bomb on Israel.

sapir1434
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:18 PM
lol risk their life? come on... you should be very paranoid if you think so... :p Tel Aviv is very far of being dangerous, and even more when you talk about foreign tennis players ;)

©@®eLess
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Last time I checked, Tel Aviv is not a war zone :rolleyes: I don't think the Lebanese government would want to bomb on Israel.

i just heard on new what Lebanon officials said: If Israel continues bombing Beirut they'll fire back :sad:. When will this war stop. We have to believe the war will stop not for some tennis tournament but for all the people out there. There are so many kids dieing there, how can you think about playing tennis, when 100km from there people die every minute!

Babolatpro880
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I actually heard on the radio this morning that the Hezbollah (sp?) leader has threatened to begin attacking Tel Aviv specifically.

I was wondering the same thing about this event earlier today, actually.

sfselesfan
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:49 PM
We thought San Diego was hit with withdrawals. If this tournament tries to go forward, there might be a record set!

SF

Meteor Shower
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:41 PM
I hope it will and I'll go :D

jmd
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:39 PM
It should be held since, there are no rockets hiting T.A and knowing the israelis the security will be amazing.

sfselesfan
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:18 PM
This may be a controversial view. I don't believe nations at war should have sporting events. I don't like wars period. I think nations at war should forego sporting events until the war is over. Perhaps that would encourage people to make peace faster. I would support stopping all US tournaments until the nation chills out and brings our troops home. Same goes for Israel and the United Kingdom.

SF