2. Chris Evert.................... 229 finals
3. Steffi Graf................. 138 finals
4. Monica Seles........... 85 finals

Won

1. Martina Navratilova.... won 167
2. Chris Evert.................. won 157
3. Steffi Graf................. won 107
4. Monica Seles........... won 53

Evert won her 157 titles in 289 events. By reaching 72 other finals and 44 semifinals, Evert made the semis in an astounding 90 percent of the tournaments she competed in (273 of 303).

In April 1985, she was named the Greatest Woman Athlete of the Last 25 Years by the Women's Sports Foundation.

Geisha
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:26 AM
WOW. I'm surprised Hingis isn't there. Let me look her up...

PLP
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Yeah, she must be close to Monica!

Geisha
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Yeah, she must be close to Monica!

Hingis has reached 68 finals. She's close, but not quite there yet. :d

supermann
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Before her comeback

Martina Hingis.......... 66 finals

Martina Hingis.......... won 43

supermann
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Arantxa S.-Vicario...... 78 finals

Arantxa S.-Vicario...... won 30

PLP
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:36 AM
I am also curious about Venus, Serena, and Lindsay...they have all been in lots of finals!

Geisha
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:43 AM
I am also curious about Venus, Serena, and Lindsay...they have all been in lots of finals!

Lindsay Davenport - 89 finals.

Geisha
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Before her comeback

Martina Hingis.......... 66 finals

Martina Hingis.......... won 43

I counted 68. :S

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:46 AM
awesome stats:)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:53 AM

and she won 51 of them ;) :worship:

alon222
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:31 AM
smashnova-12 finals.
won-12

Doggy
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:36 AM
that's ugly

Beat
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Arantxa S.-Vicario...... 78 finals

Arantxa S.-Vicario...... won 30
that's a pretty bad record in finals :shrug:

mr_burns
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:02 AM

That shows what a great player she is, even more than seles

If she had only won 2 more slams, everybody would appreciate her accomplishment more

crazillo
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Still better than Pioline. :lol:

MIKEL.
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Conchita won 33

supermann
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:59 AM

If she had only won 2 more slams, everybody would appreciate her accomplishment more

Even more than Seles? :lol:

Monica Seles went to 8 consecutive finals (1991 U.S. Open through 1993 Australian Open) after missing the 1991 Wimbledon. However, she did make it to 11 consecutive that she entered between the 1990 Virginia Slims Championships and the 1993 Australian Open (again, with the only one missing being the 1991 Wimbledon which she skipped).

Geisha
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:23 PM

Think of who she had to play. She was in the Eras of peak-Graf, Seles, Martinez, played Navratilova, Sabatini, etc.

Geisha
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Sanchez-Vicario was 10-31 in finals against Graf, Seles, and Navratilova.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Lindsay 89 finals, 51 wins - can add more
Seles 85 finals, 53 wins-

Their stats are pretty close though Seles obiously has more majors.

But great careers for both of them.

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:27 PM
oh dear.... :rolleyes:

The Daviator
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:38 PM

No-one is saying Lindsay is better than Monica :rolleyes:

She's reached more finals though, that's a fact :)

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:41 PM

Take your meds, you'le be alright.

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:43 PM

check mr. burns's post. or read the part that i quoted.

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Take your meds, you'le be alright.
i think i'll defer medication to delusional davenport fans.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:47 PM
i think i'll defer medication to delusional davenport fans.

No, you need it more!!! You dont comprehend well lately.

Mr Burn says Davenport finals record is better than Seles, and that is a fact!!!

Now having overall better record is a different story, we are not even talking about that.

mr_burns
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:48 PM

thanks, I am a selesfan myself and was just surprised that she had more finals than monica

of course she is not nearly there wherem monica is if you just compare the numbers of tournamnets played

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:51 PM
No, you need it more!!! You dont comprehend well lately.

Mr Burn says Davenport finals record is better than Seles, and that is a fact!!!

Now having overall better record is a different story, we are not even talking about that.
oh NO, you need to comprehend a bit. how does lindsay have a better record when she has 4 more finals and 2 fewer wins than monica? that's not a better record at all.

she does have more finals, but not a better record. do the math.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:53 PM
oh NO, you need to comprehend a bit. how does lindsay have a better record when she has 4 more finals and 2 fewer wins than monica? that's not a better record at all.

she does have more finals, but not a better record. do the math.

Whats the title of the thread??

MOST FINALS PLAYED!!!!

Did they even mention best percentage? A player can reached a better record than navratilova and steffi by reaching just 2 or 3 finals and win all of them, thats 100%

Again, Most final played is the thread. CAn you double ur dosage now?

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Whats the title of the thread??

MOST FINALS PLAYED!!!!

Did they even mention best percentage? A player can reached a better record than navratilova and steffi by reaching just 2 or 3 finals and win all of them, thats 100%

Again, Most final played is the thread. CAn you double ur dosage now?
dear me... you're the one who brought up "finals record" and asserted that lindsay had a better record :tape:
the thread title may certainly well be "most finals played", but this is a DISCUSSION board where people discuss things like records, times when players played, and the quality of their finals opponents.

i REALIZE that players who have only played 10 finals would have a huge advantage over the players who have played 50+ finals, but when we're comparing people at the top of the list, nav, chris, steffi, monica, lindsay, percentage won and total won come into play.

once again, this is a discussion board. thanks.

jj74
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM

It's just the result of meeting Steffi and Monica a lot of times

The Daviator
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:06 PM
This is what mr burns meant...

"That shows what a great player she is, even more (finals) than seles"

Don't you know how to infer? :rolleyes:

The Daviator
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:08 PM
dear me... you're the one who brought up "finals record" and asserted that lindsay had a better record :tape:
the thread title may certainly well be "most finals played", but this is a DISCUSSION board where people discuss things like records, times when players played, and the quality of their finals opponents.

i REALIZE that players who have only played 10 finals would have a huge advantage over the players who have played 50+ finals, but when we're comparing people at the top of the list, nav, chris, steffi, monica, lindsay, percentage won and total won come into play.

When it comes to reaching finals, Davenport has a better record that Seles!

89 > 83 :rolleyes:

sfselesfan
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Even more than Seles? :lol:

Monica Seles went to 8 consecutive finals (1991 U.S. Open through 1993 Australian Open) after missing the 1991 Wimbledon. However, she did make it to 11 consecutive that she entered between the 1990 Virginia Slims Championships and the 1993 Australian Open (again, with the only one missing being the 1991 Wimbledon which she skipped).

He was saying that Lindsay has been to more finals than Seles. 89 v. 85...

SF

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:14 PM
This is what mr burns meant...

"That shows what a great player she is, even more (finals) than seles"

Don't you know how to infer? :rolleyes:
i see that that's the way you took it, but if someone were to read that sentence "that shows how great she (davenport) is, even more than seles." it could mean any number of things. i'll admit i probably chose the wrong one in assuming that he was asserting that she was a greater player because of this. but in the sentence structure, it's EASY to see how this could happen.

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:16 PM
When it comes to reaching finals, Davenport has a better record that Seles!

89 > 83 :rolleyes:
some of you guys really need to take a statistics class. that is NOT a record. it would be a "record" if it were total finals divided by total tournaments, another "record" where I'm assuming monica would have a better percentage.

what you're saying is not true. davenport has more finals, but she doesn't have a better record than seles in doing so.

sfselesfan
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:26 PM
i see that that's the way you took it, but if someone were to read that sentence "that shows how great she (davenport) is, even more than seles." it could mean any number of things. i'll admit i probably chose the wrong one in assuming that he was asserting that she was a greater player because of this. but in the sentence structure, it's EASY to see how this could happen.

Look at the context of the rest of the thread. It is clear what Mr. Burns meant. It was obviously misread as a statement that Lindsay is somehow better than Seles...that is not what he was saying. It is clear as day. He was actually complimenting Monica. He was using Monica as a benchmark and saying...wow, Lindsay has more finals than Monica!

All these sensitive Monica fans are giving the rest of us a bad name. Chill. Monica still rocks. So does Lindsay. Mr. Burns was clearly not ripping Monica.

SF

The Daviator
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Monica kicks Lindsay's ass in nearly every department, we all know that, but the fact remains that Lindsay has reached more finals, that, by no means, makes her better than Monica, it's just a stat that happens to be in Lindsay's favour...

sfselesfan
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Monica kicks Lindsay's ass in nearly every department, we all know that, but the fact remains that Lindsay has reached more finals, that, by no means, makes her better than Monica, it's just a stat that happens to be in Lindsay's favour...

Well said! :worship:

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Look at the context of the rest of the thread. It is clear what Mr. Burns meant. It was obviously misread as a statement that Lindsay is somehow better than Seles...that is not what he was saying. It is clear as day. He was actually complimenting Monica. He was using Monica as a benchmark and saying...wow, Lindsay has more finals than Monica!

All these sensitive Monica fans are giving the rest of us a bad name. Chill. Monica still rocks. So does Lindsay. Mr. Burns was clearly not ripping Monica.

SF
i admitted i was wrong in what I thought he said, dude. chill.
if you read my first post, i was caught off by what mr burns wrote and rolled my eyes and said "oh dear". then i was personally attacked by davenport fans. i agree that reaching 90 finals is HUGE, and lindsay could get to 100 if she played another year! that would be great.

but then when people start misusing words like "records" and such, i had to defend a different point not even related to my first post at all.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:48 PM

Well, then go to threads which says, Over all records and stop criticising Daveport fans for being delussional coz we are difintely not.

and YES this is a discussion board with title thread so please try to understand first whats the topic.

and thanks for realizings things finally. I tend to assume most people get to them them as fast as I do, well I realize too that some people are slow.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:54 PM

Hey, I wouldn't go this far! Monica is only up 2 titles than Lindsay and obiously if Lindsay plays until 2007, 5 titles is achievable. Also Lindsay, has a better record on doubles.

Again, I am not saying that Lindsay is the better player, because Monica still has the better over all record!!! I love Monica too and she is my fave too.

I just dont like that phrase " Monica is Kicking Lindsay Ass in every department"

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Hey, I wouldn't go this far! Monica is only up 2 titles than Lindsay and obiously if Lindsay plays until 2007, 5 titles is achievable. Also Lindsay, has a better record on doubles.

Again, I am not saying that Lindsay is the better player, because Monica still has the better over all record!!! I love Monica too and she is my fave too.

I just dont like that phrase " Monica is Kicking Lindsay Ass in every department"
that's true again.

:worship: lindsay in doubles

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:57 PM
and thanks for realizings things finally. I tend to assume most people get to them them as fast as I do, well I realize too that some people are slow.
:rolleyes: don't be so snide to think that you've never misunderstood what someone was saying. get off your high horse!

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
:rolleyes: don't be so snide to think that you've never misunderstood what someone was saying. get off your high horse!

Ok, I'm getting off.

The Daviator
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM

Well it's true, Monica has more titles, more Slams (9-3 is quite comprehensive), more weeks at #1 and has reached the final of every Slam, anyway, I said 'nearly' not 'every department', of course Linds leads in head-to-head and doubles...

I'm a massive Lindsay fan, but you need to be objective, Monica > Lindsay :)

Paneru
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:52 PM

Venus - FP: 50 FW: 33 (didn't count the 2 w/o's in FP)
Serena - FP: 34 FW: 26 (didn't count the 1 w/o in FP)

I think those are correct.

mr_burns
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I never thought that somebody would read my post lie "lindsay is better than monica"

I was just amazed that Lindsay had more finals, that's all ( I didn't know that because we always compare titles or weeks at no 1)

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:13 PM
serena 26 of 34 :eek: