PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever speak/shout to any WTA players in different language than English?

Brett.
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:33 AM
I'm just curious! :) Tell me if you have and what did you say!

I said "Ich liebe Sie, Anna-Lena" to Anna-Lena Groenefold at Hopman CUp this year! but in general im mainly speaking english but can't speak other languages! :tape: :lol:

cheers

416_Man
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:36 AM
I said "Co me stai" (the phonetic spelling becasue I don't know how to write Italian) to Roberta Vinci and she started replying to me in Italian. My lack of vocab from the days when my nonna babysit me was so minimal that I had to talk English and move fast before she thought I was n00b.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:36 AM
I screamed in French a lot of times to the Quebec players.

I screamed in Slovak to Daniela, Podme and Ides Caya!

patricio
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Yeah in Fed Cup 2005 Argentina Russia doubles I shouted in Spanish "GORDA LARGA LOS POSTRES!!!" to Kuznetsova and she looked angry because she understands Spanish.
My shout means something like "Chubby, stop eating pies!"

Kworb
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Yeah in Fed Cup 2005 Argentina Russia doubles I shouted in Spanish "GORDA LARGA LOS POSTRES!!!" to Kuznetsova and she looked angry because she understands Spanish.
That's so mean :sad:

Stamp Paid
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:00 AM

LMAO. You are so rude.

416_Man
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:09 AM

LMAO That's KILLER. :worship:

SloKid
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Nice one. :rolls:

Dexter
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
My shout means something like "Chubby, stop eating pies!"*death*!

Josh
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I've talked in French with Mauresmo, Pin, Dechy and Cohen-Aloro and a mixture of French and English with Pierce. She started talking in English but then I unconsciously replied in French and then we went on in French, then back in English and so on.

arn
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I had a convo in Spanish with Medina (talked to her 3 or 4 times), Serna and Parra

arn
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:38 AM
oh yeah, also talked in french with Dhenin. She's hilarious cos we were sitting in the car and in the middle of a sentence she turned up the music really loud and started singing along. Not a bad voice I must say :)

I think it was the trainer of Dekmeijere who tought me a russian word. There is a belgian village called 'Huy/Hoei', he said that's russian for the female genitals :lol:

-sugi-
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I spoke a little with Camille Pin in French, but only briefly

wipeout
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I remember some of us in Daniela Hantuchova's forum here were learning encouraging things to shout in Slovak at matches.

I did wonder if Daniela hearing Slovak words shouted in weird accents would be distractiong or amusing more than encouraging to her, though. ;)

~Carsten~
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Well I spoke, in Berlin, with Kirilenko, Dementieva, Hantuchova, Petrova, Koukalova (sorry I can't write her new name :lol: ) and Craybas in english.
And with Anna- Lena, Martina and Julia in german. ;)

CooCooCachoo
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Only to Dutch players in Dutch :lol:

Brett.
Aug 7th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Awesome Thread! :) Keep it coming! ;)

trivfun
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Good ole, Illie Nastase. He said something to a guy in French who was either Italian or Spanish. Something about him or his mother. The guy understood it and complained to the refs and Illie got a reprimand and was either kicked out of a match or a fine.

Illie didn't think that was fair because how was he supposed to know that the guy understood French? The logic of Illie.

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I've talked in French with Mauresmo, Pin, Dechy and Cohen-Aloro and a mixture of French and English with Pierce. She started talking in English but then I unconsciously replied in French and then we went on in French, then back in English and so on.

is mary more comfortable w/ english or french?

Alvarillo
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:34 AM
i've spoken in spanish with several south american and spanish players ;)
Rosana de los Rios, Serna, Medina, ASV, Zuluaga, Paola Suarez, Vivi, Llagostera, MJMartinez, MAsanchez-Lorenzo, Marrero, Salerni, Clarisa Fernandez or Gala León

DutchieGirl
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:43 AM
I've spoken to some of the Dutch players in Dutch (Reinhard, Boonstra, Sentis (who no one will know ;) )...) I spoke to Misa's Dad in Dutch (and her Mum too) - but I always seem to talk to Misa in english! :scratch: (well her Dad doesn't speak english, so it had to be Dutch or nothing, but her Mum does speak english :lol: ).

I think i've said something in German to Schnyder before, and something in Afrikaans to Coetzer... but those were both ageeeeees ago. ;)

UDACHi
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:46 AM

death.

Sammo
May 13th, 2014, 08:18 PM

:hysteric:

crystal ball
May 13th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I think it was the trainer of Dekmeijere who tought me a russian word. There is a belgian village called 'Huy/Hoei', he said that's russian for the female genitals :lol:

Yes, it's a name for genitals, but not female :lol:
And I'm not sure about Russian, but in Polish it's one of the rudest words :devil:

Pump-it-UP
May 13th, 2014, 09:00 PM

Ruthless. :happy:

FORZA SARITA
May 13th, 2014, 09:03 PM

OMG :lol::lol::lol:

Brett.
May 14th, 2014, 09:44 AM
So far, six of my threads from 2006 or 2007 have been bumped this year. stop bumping my threads :mad: :lol: :p