PDA

View Full Version : Why is Myskina....

Rachel_
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Playing a tier 4 event in Stockholm the same week a tier 2 event in LA is going on...does she want to be tested before USO?

Babolatpro880
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Maybe she liked playing there last year, so she wanted to go back.

Wiggly
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Because she may liked Stockholm. And she can play Montreal, wich is a Tier I :)

ctan88
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:18 AM
She said last year that she would return - she enjoys the tourney, the fans, the stadium - if you like a place, why not go back?

cakiteror
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:36 AM
maybe sho got a lot of money?

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:38 AM
It is not smart scheduling...She flew from Europe to the US to Europe to Canada. It is inefficient. I don't care how much she loves the tournament. It hurts her season. She should stay in Europe or stay in the states. If I were Myskina, I would have stayed and played all the rinky dink European clay events, raked in the points, and been top ten by now. She is not at a stage in her career right now where she is a US Open threat, but, once she gets inside the top ten, she will get cushy draws, and the indoor season is coming up (her favorite,) and it would have poised her perfectly to get back to where she once belonged...

UncleZeke
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Moscow to Stockholm is much closer to home, than Moscow to LA. Plus, she made it to the finals last year, and apparently she likes it there (can't blame her for that).

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Moscow to Stockholm is much closer to home, than Moscow to LA. Plus, she made it to the finals last year, and apparently she likes it there (can't blame her for that).

so she should have played Palermo, Sopot and Stockholm, then maybe New Haven and then the US Open. She would have gone into the Open with loads of confidence, and as a top ten player.

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:23 AM
It is not smart scheduling...She flew from Europe to the US to Europe to Canada. It is inefficient. I don't care how much she loves the tournament. It hurts her season. She should stay in Europe or stay in the states. If I were Myskina, I would have stayed and played all the rinky dink European clay events, raked in the points, and been top ten by now. She is not at a stage in her career right now where she is a US Open threat, but, once she gets inside the top ten, she will get cushy draws, and the indoor season is coming up (her favorite,) and it would have poised her perfectly to get back to where she once belonged...

:lol: :worship:

that's an interesting concept. i wonder if it would work.
myskina does deserve to be back in the top 8, she just hasn't had enough WINS lately.

UncleZeke
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:35 AM
so she should have played Palermo, Sopot and Stockholm, then maybe New Haven and then the US Open. She would have gone into the Open with loads of confidence, and as a top ten player.
Sounds like a good plan for a hungry player.. Guess after getting bounced in the first round in Cincy by Serena she just wanted to go home/ go on Holiday.

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Sounds like a good plan for a hungry player.. Guess after getting bounced in the first round in Cincy by Serena she just wanted to go home/ go on Holiday.

she said she wanted to play in Stockholm last year and she also entered the tournament before Cincy.

Lulu.
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:49 AM
An easy title win perhaps :shrug:

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:53 AM
it's not cool for a player like myskina to be the favorite because even if she reaches the final and loses, it's a failure. she should have stayed in the states.

all or nothing. all usa or all europe. if she had stuck to either plan, she would be top 10 going into the us open.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:37 AM
There's no Sopot tournament this year.

crazillo
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:03 AM
First of all we have to respect her decision. I think it's her own risk she wants to take and face the challenge of playing US, then Europe, then US again... It's her choice, end of the discussion. ;)

crazillo
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I don't care how much she loves the tournament.

Do you actually think she cares one bit about YOUR opinion? :lol:

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Anastasia does not like travelling all the way to California.
She has done this before

meyerpl
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I think she has warrants in L.A. She got into a bar-fight with a construction worker and fucked the guy up pretty good......... he even needed speech therepy for a while.

_LuCaS_
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Defying logic, again

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Maybe she thinks that it will good for her to have some matches won on this surface. In the States perhaps she could lose easily, here in Stokholm she has a chance of playing in the final (no strong field of players) so I think it's better to play in Sweden for Nastya.

DarkchildSwiss
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I don't care about Myskina anymore. I liked her in the past but now I think that Myskina will end her career after this season. She said that she wanted to participate at the YEC in Madrid but her chances are really declining especially when she is playing smaller tournaments.

frenchie
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Maybe she thinks that it will good for her to have some matches won on this surface. In the States perhaps she could lose easily, here in Stokholm she has a chance of playing in the final (no strong field of players) so I think it's better to play in Sweden for Nastya.

it's not as if she can't win a match on hard courts :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

frenchie
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I don't care about Myskina anymore. I liked her in the past but now I think that Myskina will end her career after this season. She said that she wanted to participate at the YEC in Madrid but her chances are really declining especially when she is playing smaller tournaments.

No she won't end her career after this season :wavey:

miffedmax
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:17 PM
I think it's charmingly naive that some fans still try to find rhyme and reason in Myskina's plans.

meyerpl
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:20 PM
In truth, I think it's because Nastya has never liked the long, summer season in the U.S. She's doesn't like being far from home for so long and she's not too fond of being in the U.S. in general.

FrOzon
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:25 PM
If you have ever been in Stockholm, it's obvious why you are coming back to this city! :worship:

Leo_DFP
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:26 PM

I don't see how playing baby events against sucky players on clay would give her confidence? Especially because clay is probably her worst surface and the one on which she plays her worst tennis. The last couple of years her best results have been grass and indoors, her worst have been clay.

She probably should have played a full season in the states before the US Open. But at least Stockholm isn't clay!

miffedmax
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM
In truth, I think it's because Nastya has never liked the long, summer season in the U.S. She's doesn't like being far from home for so long and she's not too fond of being in the U.S. in general.

Except that she loves America, and hamburgers, except that her favorite food is sushi. She hates to travel, but enjoys seeing the world and meeting new people.

Nastya has the logic and constancy of the weather. It's part of her considerable charm.

meyerpl
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Except that she loves America, and hamburgers, except that her favorite food is sushi. She hates to travel, but enjoys seeing the world and meeting new people.

Nastya has the logic and constancy of the weather. It's part of her considerable charm.
You hit the nail right on the head and you missed it by a mile.

miffedmax
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:31 PM
You hit the nail right on the head and you missed it by a mile.

I can't believe you said something so rude and I appreciate your support.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM
it's not as if she can't win a match on hard courts :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I know, but in Sweden she will have have lower ranked opponents and she will play 5 matches (she must to the final).. in the states she would get to the quaters, not further. I see it like that, sorry

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:04 PM
there's no point in flying all the way to California for ONE tournament.

either you play 2 or 3 or non at all if you come from abroad.

sfselesfan
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM
The tournament probably paid her a substantial sum to play in Stockholm.

SF

_LuCaS_
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
there's no point in flying all the way to California for ONE tournament.

either you play 2 or 3 or non at all if you come from abroad.
Either way this is bad scheduling...

henmanhill
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:43 PM
She said last year that she would return - she enjoys the tourney, the fans, the stadium - if you like a place, why not go back?
Exactly. It's nice that she isn't putting money before all else, unlike her compatriot.

njnetswill
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:33 PM
She made earlier statements that she wants to make it to YEC, be top 10 etc or retire.

If she was truly hungry for all of that, she would have scheduled a little differently.

frenchie
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:35 PM
You seem to forget Nastya played 3 WTT matches in the states!!
She certainly thought "why going to the States if I doesn't earn points?? I should play Cincy before flying back home!!"

goldenlox
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:20 PM
She was in the US for WTT and Cincinnati.
She doesn't like going to California

vettipooh
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:45 PM
An easy title win perhaps :shrug:

True...but she's got to get past Molik in the 1st round! :( Might not be so easy.

goldenlox
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:11 PM
These tournaments aren't worth supporting.
The USO series is a joke