PDA

View Full Version : Where do all these high hopes about Ivanovic come from?

borisy
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Yes she had 2 good wins against Amelie (and since Amelie learned how to handle her game) and she has a good game overall but nothing really spectacular.

Where do this agreement come from about her future? Everyone was talking about her winning a slam last year, then this year... but we haven't seen the results.

I don't understand according to which basis people think she is the best young player when Vaidisova (who is a lot younger) has achieved more than anything she has achieved.

Please enlighten me.

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Ivanovic has achieved the third most out of all players under the age of 20. She has a lot of talent. She is going to be top ten within two years. I feel certain of that.

delicatecutter
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Well, she also has wins over Vaidisova, Petrova, and Kuznetsova.

She made a huge jump in the rankings last year which caused her to win "Most Improved Player" in what, her first or second full year on the tour.

She has made the semis of a Tier I and the quarters of a Slam. These are really good results considering she can stand to get in much better shape. Once she gets in better shape I predict her game will improve by leaps and bounds.

vogus
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:23 AM
you should re-title the thread,

"Are there any posters who still believe Ivanovic is better than Vaidisova?"

i'd love to see what those Ivanovic fans who were dogging Nicole, have to say for themselves now.

Rachel_
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yes she had 2 good wins against Amelie (and since Amelie learned how to handle her game) and she has a good game overall but nothing really spectacular.

Where do this agreement come from about her future? Everyone was talking about her winning a slam last year, then this year... but we haven't seen the results.

I don't understand according to which basis people think she is the best young player when Vaidisova (who is a lot younger) has achieved more than anything she has achieved.

Please enlighten me.

i think your right and im a fan....however she can become really good as she has major talent but as for now...no shes not impressing

delicatecutter
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:28 AM
you should re-title the thread,

"Are there any posters who still believe Ivanovic is better than Vaidisova?"

i'd love to see what those Ivanovic fans who were dogging Nicole, have to say for themselves now.

Ana might not be at Nicole's level yet, but I still contend that when Ana gets in better shape she will have better overall results.

And just because Nicole is a good player does not excuse her horrible on-court behavior. Ana, on the other hand, is incredibly classy and beautiful both on and off the court.

Mightymirza
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:51 AM
ana has much more talent than Vaidisova I think!!Needs to be in better shape though!She will win these big matches soon..

switz
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:56 AM
they come from people who can look beyond the present and see how much potential for growth a player has. There is no guarantee Ivanovic will ever become has good as she could but she there is so much room for growth. i don't even like her that much but i can see it.

It is also comes from those who know birth certificates in 1980s from Soviet Countries mean hardly anything :tape:

Orion
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Please enlighten me.

It has less to do with her game and fitness than it has to do with her mentality on court. Young players typically tend to unravel when things don't go their way (case in point, Sharapova or Vaidisova when they start spraying errors or getting "lousy" line calls) and Ivanovic doesn't. She stays very collected, which is very rare to see in modern tennis, especially among teenage girls. Similarly, she uses that level-headedness to find ways to approach the situation. Whereas the true power players try to hit the ball harder and typically don't find innovative solutions, Ivanovic seems to say, "Well, somethings not working, maybe I should try this." It's a change from the norm.

Also, I think a great deal of the hype came from the same source that Sharapova's did when she was 16 at Wimbledon, or Kournikova's, or even James Blake before he proved himself: she's young, attractive, and VERY marketable.

switz
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Similarly, she uses that level-headedness to find ways to approach the situation. Whereas the true power players try to hit the ball harder and typically don't find innovative solutions, Ivanovic seems to say, "Well, somethings not working, maybe I should try this." It's a change from the norm.

I agree that Ana is very well behaved on court but i can't agree with the statement that he is intelligent on court - he has lost so matches this year by going after impossible shots again and again no matte what the scoreline is. I think she's as guilty as anyone of not playing the percentages most of the time.

Shonami Slam
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:22 AM
she's simply really good :)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Well she won her first title, last January as a qualifer, made the quarters of the French beating Mauresmo en route, and had a huge leap in the rankings. That produces a lot of hype on its own.

I think Ana needs to work herself into better shape and play a bit more lower touraments tier threes mostly, if she can work her game out against the lower players she will be more confident when playing the higher ranked players. She has the talent and the game, she just hasn't figure out all of the kinks yet.

Wiggly
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:25 AM
It is also comes from those who know birth certificates in 1980s from Soviet Countries mean hardly anything :tape:

Why people would lied? To be the hyped junior? What if the retire when they are 25? :confused:

azdaja
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:27 AM
y
i'm sorry, but on this board there are more annoying vaidisova fans than fans of any other teenage player. a lot of people believe ana is more talented, but why not? vaidisova still hasn't shown that much anyway. she could in future, mind. but ana's fans aren't "dogging" nicole.

azdaja
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:28 AM
ana has much more talent than Vaidisova
i think this is what a lot of people who have seen her play believe and rightly so. it does not mean she will succeed, but let's hope so.

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:35 AM

Please enlighten me.

1. She dont win slam this year or next, but she wil win some GS in her career, no doubt for me (AO, USO or maybe Wimbley - or maybe all this three!!!).
2. Reason why all compare Ana with Nicole is they years and that is not good or smart. They two is total diferent players... Vaidisova is super-talented and complete player and Ana is super-powerfull WTA player (right now only Lindsay Davenport have that "ATP power" style in WTA). She have very good chances to be world best in near future in two maybe most important tennis shots - best forehand and best serve, and with this two extra weapons all her vacancy and "defects" dont be tragic for her.
3. Best young player still is Sharapova (not Ana or Nicole).

ezekiel
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:54 AM
She is talented but lost this year as she hasn't learned yet what it takes to be successful. She took it easy this year and got out of shape and out of form and who knows if she'll get it back. She hired a new coach now so I am holding judgement for a while , until after USO at least

Paul.
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:56 AM

Please enlighten me.mainly from how good at tennis she is :shrug::lol:

Derek.
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:58 AM
i'm sorry, but on this board there are more annoying vaidisova fans than fans of any other teenage player. a lot of people believe ana is more talented, but why not? vaidisova still hasn't shown that much anyway.

That's total :bs:.

Sassy-Na
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:58 AM
ana... thanks for losing my vcash... really nothing special :angel: