PDA

View Full Version : Amy Frazier passes her "screen" test..."i just order it by the case now"...

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Frazier passes her screen test

By Jerry Magee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
August 2, 2006

CARLSBAD – Her secret to a youthful appearance is a sunscreen named Durascreen that Amy Frazier came across at Longs Drugs. A buy at about $9.99 a bottle.

By slathering it on, Frazier has been able to ward off the effects of constant exposure to the elements through the 19 seasons on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

“Now I just order it by the case,” she said of the sunscreen.

Frazier's game has also stood the test of time. At the Acura Classic, at 33 (she will be 34 next month), Frazier is the senior player in the singles field.

By her comportment, meantime, she is offering a reminder of when tennis was played by ladies and gentlemen and was not the no-holds-barred thing it has become. Frazier did challenge one line call yesterday, but she admitted, “It was against my better judgment.”

Frazier may not rant and rave about line calls or pitch down her racket in moments of pique, but she does have some steel in her. The Michigan woman demonstrated it yesterday on a morning at the La Costa Resort and Spa when a less centered person would have yielded.

She had 11 double faults, including one on the first point of a second-set tiebreaker. She resisted three set points in this set, one in the tiebreaker, in which she went down 1-5. But as she recognized, there can be sudden shifts in tiebreakers.

This one swung to Frazier, a 6-3, 7-6 (9-7) winner over 18-year-old Tatiana Golovin, a semifinalist last week at Stanford. Frazier thus gained the second round in a tournament for which she had to qualify. Next for her: a match against Ana Ivanovic of Serbia, another 18-year-old.

Playing matches such as the one she came through yesterday is what keeps her on the tour, Amy said. “I really enjoy playing,” she said. “I think maybe I enjoy it more now than I did when I began because I realize how lucky I am to be able to do this.”

This, though Amy has won eight times in WTA events, never has gone as far as the semifinals in a Grand Slam tournament and has a 16-12 (18-13 now ) record coming into the Acura. She is playing tennis for the joy she finds in it. Wonderful, isn't it

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:39 AM
I have to find this sunscreen at CVS or WALLGREENS!! :lol: :lol:

Wiggly
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:48 AM
It 15, 30, 60? :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:08 AM
It 15, 30, 60? :lol:

110 :p

Wiggly
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:14 AM
110 :p

Are you kidding me? :eek: I tough 60 was strong :tape:

EDIT: It's impossible 110 is 9.99$ :confused:

AlonsoFx
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:29 AM
I loved the article

She is playing tennis for the joy she finds in it. Wonderful, isn't it

:hearts: Amy!!! :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Are you kidding me? :eek: I tough 60 was strong :tape:

EDIT: It's impossible 110 is 9.99$ :confused:

I was joking...hehe :p I have no idea what number :cool:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Lol, now we know Amy's secret!
Amy :D

Ellery
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Amy :worship:

Jakeev
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:57 AM
That company needs to endorse Amy:bounce:

matthieu_tennis
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:57 AM
amy is like a mirror, she reflects the sun Lol :)

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:58 AM
:lol:

i used to dislike frazier for no real reason but she is growing on me-i like the way she plays just cos she enjoys it, i imagine she will retire when/if her ranking drops around 100 as she'll have to play more qualies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40744000/jpg/_40744083_frazier.jpg

Paul.
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:00 AM
her racquet is amazing!! i love it!! does anyone know what it is?

arcus
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:12 AM
nice, she's so natural.
Not the prima donna type at all.

Unsung heroine............ Go Amy

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:34 AM
:lol:

i used to dislike frazier for no real reason but she is growing on me-i like the way she plays just cos she enjoys it, i imagine she will retire when/if her ranking drops around 100 as she'll have to play more qualies

:haha: DAAAAAMN..she really caked in on that day :p But the pay off is nice..look at my Avater...that is from this past November when she won the Bell Challenge Tier 3 Tourney in Canada..an INDOOR tourney...no sunscream...beautiful skin :p

M2k
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:39 AM

:lol: oh my!:lol: I've met her before. God bless her nice soul, but boy she needs to drop that cream ;)

zibaas
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Go Amy :yeah:

Reuchlin
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:29 AM
here it is guys http://www.durascreen-usa.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=03897

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:58 AM
here it is guys http://www.durascreen-usa.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=03897

:bowdown:

Jakeev
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:41 AM
:haha: DAAAAAMN..she really caked in on that day :p But the pay off is nice..look at my Avater...that is from this past November when she won the Bell Challenge Tier 3 Tourney in Canada..an INDOOR tourney...no sunscream...beautiful skin :p

I agree she probably has the best skin of any tennis player out there.:worship:

slk45
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:16 AM
That company needs to endorse Amy:bounce:
You're right about that. That interview probably just got them a bunch of new business. :)
And Iacobus sounds like one of their marketing reps! ;)

Jeff
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Lol, how funny! We were talking about this at the tournament today. It's the topic of the day :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:29 PM
From a skin-care standpoint that is one really good, really cheap sunscreen. No irritants, fragrance free, titanium dioxide for broad spectrum protection, additional UVA protection from the oxybenzone, etc.

Durascreen is best for normal to dry skin, though. If it wasn't for the fact that titanium dioxide makes me break out like mad I'd wear that myself. :hearts:

:yeah:

-sugi-
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:48 PM
:awww: Amy

I remember hearing somewhere that one of her hates was the sun because of her pale skin :hug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:30 PM
:awww: Amy

I remember hearing somewhere that one of her hates was the sun because of her pale skin :hug:

:hug:

SelesFan70
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:33 PM
It would be an honor for me to rub the Durascreen on Amy Frazier! :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:08 PM
It would be an honor for me to rub the Durascreen on Amy Frazier! :worship:

:fiery: Thats my job! ;)

controlfreak
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:01 PM
the one place you don't need to rub any is down there where the sun don't shine :bolt:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:06 PM
the one place you don't need to rub any is down there where the sun don't shine :bolt:

:spit:

SelesFan70
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:49 PM
:fiery: Thats my job! ;)

Uhm...then I'll just watch! :kiss: :worship:

SelesFan70
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:49 PM

I rub that down every day..at least once. :wavey:

Meesh
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:56 PM
I've always been curious about what she does... 19 seasons and her face doesn't look like my old leather shoes! Her face is still radiant! :worship:

but buying by the case just makes me :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I've always been curious about what she does... 19 seasons and her face doesn't look like my old leather shoes! Her face is still radiant! :worship:

Yeah... :lol: I am glad to see that she has a sense of humor about it :cool:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Uhm...then I'll just watch! :kiss: :worship:

Please bring your video camera :p

Jakeev
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:24 AM

:lol: :lol:

NaturalBlues
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Good for her that she takes care of herself (altough it looks rather funny) but I guess when she looks in the mirror and sees her good skin she's very pleased she protected it so well. :)