PDA

View Full Version : Eurosport : Why no tennis ?

Martian Jeza
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:59 PM
I'm angry at Eurosport at not broadcasting the Acura Classic which is a Tier I event : they will only do it tomorrow : it's a huge lack of respect towards the WTA players and the Acura Classic tournament... And we don't have some highlights of the tournament, only the results... They pretend to be the n°1 sport channel for tennis then why no Acura Classic tournament to watch ? Thx of letting down millions of tennis fans :rolleyes:

msharafan
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:06 AM
i agree 100% but where would we be wtihout them its even worse for the fans whos players dont make it to the quater finals! and then even worse as i just found out there not even showing all the quaters only the day time ones! :( this means that i probably wont get to see maria player her quater final as if pierce wins the maria pierce match will proabably be a night match due to its entertainment value whcih mean us people in europe will proably get to see kim yet again play a mtahc(no offense but we always see you on es!) although maybe not if she faces hingis well theyll probably be the 2 night matches anyway! :( well proabaly get a vaidisova and a dementieva match! although i suppose thats not to bad! but eurosport listen up youre tennis fans are annoyed!

faboozadoo15
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:08 AM
coverage of this event in the united states doesn't even start until tomorrow, lol. (friday) does coverage for you not start until saturday?

msharafan
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:10 AM
no we get friday! thank god! but i mean still! if theyre showing the quater finals why not just show the whole bloody tournie all they show anyway instead is un live athletics and vollyball and bloody hockey and sports like them! :(

Rachel_
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:11 AM
oh please show kim v (hingis/ Penneta)

faboozadoo15
haha you guys have such high standards!

borisy
no we get friday! thank god! but i mean still! if theyre showing the quater finals why not just show the whole bloody tournie all they show anyway instead is un live athletics and vollyball and bloody hockey and sports like them! :(

Yes but men's diving competitions are hot :drool:

felipe2004
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:20 AM
omg, if i had eurosport I'd be VERY happy, all I get here in women's tennis is Tier I from semifinals (and half of the times taped :tape: ) and YEC :(

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:38 AM
coverage of this event in the united states doesn't even start until tomorrow, lol. (friday) does coverage for you not start until saturday?

that probably explains why no coverage here
Eurosport dont have cameras :o and always use feed from hosts.

partbrit
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I would be happy if I could still print ESPN's tennis schedule and put it on my door, but now they change it constantly. You have to check every day to see what they're showing and not showing because it changes all the time.

patricio
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I'm angry at Eurosport at not broadcasting the Acura Classic which is a Tier I event : they will only do it tomorrow : it's a huge lack of respect towards the WTA players and the Acura Classic tournament... And we don't have some highlights of the tournament, only the results... They pretend to be the n°1 sport channel for tennis then why no Acura Classic tournament to watch ? Thx of letting down millions of tennis fans :rolleyes:
We get no coverage at all of any WTa tourneys in here... dont complain

crazillo
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM
ES is still better than any other sports channel. And that is worse enough...

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Yep it's annoying that they're showing only the last stages of the tournaments. But i see their point - Eurosport has lack of luck for the women tennis, most of the matches there are shown are boring quick 2 sets victories with a huge pack of UE. Anyway, showing things like men diving competition is so stupid.. I understand people like it but give it a break, there are more tennis fans out there! And they show some things 3 or more times.. who wants to watch it? I think it was during the world champs in football when they showed matches that took place 20 or 30 years ago, for what? I still don' know why they don't show Wimbledon :o

Martyś
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:22 AM
We will have some coverage today :) :banana:

Piotr'ek
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Elena and Maria Today on ES :)

controlfreak
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Yes, Eurosport has been very disappointing these past couple of weeks.