PDA

View Full Version : Which Of These Matches Is Your Favorite?

LH2HBH
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:12 AM
I'm looking at buying some tennis DVD's and need to know which of these you think is the best!

Give me your opinions and why!

2002 FRENCH OPEN SF - CAPRIATI VS S.WILLIAMS

2000 INDIAN WELLS FINAL - HINGIS VS DAVENPORT

2001 WIMBLEDON QF - CAPRIATI VS S.WILLIAMS

2003 U.S OPEN SEMI - CAPRIATI VS HENIN-HARDENNE

2005 WIMBLEDON FINAL - DAVENPORT VS V. WILLIAMS

2004 YEAR END CHAMPS. R/R - DAVENPORT VS S.WILLIAMS

2003 WIMBLEDON SF - CLIJSTERS VS V.WILLIAMS

2002 U.S OPEN SF - DAVENPORT VS S.WILLIAMS

2003 FRENCH SEMIFINAL - HENIN HARDENNE VS S.WILLIAMS

hingisGOAT
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:18 AM
the 2003 us open semifinal between jhh/capriati is by far the highest quality tennis match in women's tennis history. and i'm a fan of neither player.

LH2HBH
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:46 AM
OK then which would you choose from the following two????

cometz9
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:48 AM

better match, always drama in Serena/Jen match

Mightymirza
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:47 AM
the 2003 us open semifinal between jhh/capriati is by far the highest quality tennis match in women's tennis history. and i'm a fan of neither player.
amen!!!!

IceHock
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:49 AM
I third the jhh/capriati match,that was insane.

Havok
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:06 AM
2002 FRENCH OPEN SF - CAPRIATI VS S.WILLIAMS : haven't seen this match

2000 INDIAN WELLS FINAL - HINGIS VS DAVENPORT : same thing

2001 WIMBLEDON QF - CAPRIATI VS S.WILLIAMS : ditto

2003 U.S OPEN SEMI - CAPRIATI VS HENIN-HARDENNE : insane match. great quality, long, hard fought points, very long and entertaining match

2005 WIMBLEDON FINAL - DAVENPORT VS V. WILLIAMS : incredible match as well

2004 YEAR END CHAMPS. R/R - DAVENPORT VS S.WILLIAMS : haven't watched it

2003 WIMBLEDON SF - CLIJSTERS VS V.WILLIAMS : fun match. great to see Venus fight like mad after injuring herself and questioning her form/wether or not to continue the match

2002 U.S OPEN SF - DAVENPORT VS S.WILLIAMS : don't remember watching this match

2003 FRENCH SEMIFINAL - HENIN HARDENNE VS S.WILLIAMS : great match. high drama, quality is also pretty good. both players hate eachothers' guts so its intense and fun to watch

some matches I'd recomend to buy: Seles def Graf RG 92, Capriati def. Seles Miami 02, Hingis def. Venus USO 99, etc.

Ferosh
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Capriati vs Henin 2003 USO SF :bowdown: One of the best matches ever played.

RenaSlam.
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:14 AM
I'd go with Serena's 2002 SF at the FO and USO...the FO was an awesome comeback and the one at teh USO was vintage S. Williams...

I'd also get the 2003 SF between JHH and Cap..

hurricanejeanne
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:35 AM
2003 USO semifinal between Justine and Jennifer is amazing. I had just gotten into tennis at the time and that match made me a fan of this sport for life. :worship:

As a Davenport fan, the best match you listed is the 2000 Indian Wells final. Lindsay was just amazing from mid second set thru the end. Vintage big babe tennis. So if you want to see Lindsay play like god this is a good buy.

The YEC match with Lindsay and Serena is okay, the second set is the best part of the match. Wimbledon 05 final goes without introduction. 02 USO semi with Lindsay and Serena is okay, Lindsay was coming off her knee surgery and pushed Serena very hard.

I recommend 03 USO SF with Capriati and Henin-Hardenne overall. :)

Brooklyn90
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:41 AM

why don't you just download this match instead of buying a dvd?

supergrunt
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:16 AM
when you get it could u upload it? :hearts:

Brooklyn90
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:48 AM
when you get it could u upload it? :hearts:
2002 U.S OPEN SF - DAVENPORT VS S.WILLIAMS is already uploaded :)

Stamp Paid
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Give me your opinions and why!

2002 FRENCH OPEN SF - CAPRIATI VS S.WILLIAMS - Yes. Buy.

2000 INDIAN WELLS FINAL - HINGIS VS DAVENPORT - never saw

2001 WIMBLEDON QF - CAPRIATI VS S.WILLIAMS - never saw.

2003 U.S OPEN SEMI - CAPRIATI VS HENIN-HARDENNE - Best tennis match I've ever seen. A cleverly disguised and drawn out Capriati choke, but still amazing fight from Juju. Buy for historical purposes.

2005 WIMBLEDON FINAL - DAVENPORT VS V. WILLIAMS - Absolutely amazing display of tennis. Never say Davenport run so much in my life. Buy for historical purposes.

2004 YEAR END CHAMPS. R/R - DAVENPORT VS S.WILLIAMS - Serena got blown out in the third set 6-1 after having chances to win the match in the 2nd. If you wanna see that :shrug::p

2003 WIMBLEDON SF - CLIJSTERS VS V.WILLIAMS - Venus schooled Clijsters after losing the first set in a dramatic display of grasscourt proficiency. Yes.

2002 U.S OPEN SF - DAVENPORT VS S.WILLIAMS - It was an OK match, nothing I would pay for (especially when you can download this one from one of the video threads here ;))

2003 FRENCH SEMIFINAL - HENIN HARDENNE VS S.WILLIAMS - Awesome match from both players up until the hand part and subsequent meltdown. Buy for historical purposes.