PDA

View Full Version : It's 99% Official: Nicole Vaidisova Will Enter WTA Top 10 Next Week

pierce0415
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:22 PM
Nicole will be ranked #9 next week if Mary does not win and Hingis does not reach final

Nicole will be ranked #10 if Mary wins SD or Hingis reachs FINAL

Nicole will be ranked #11 if Mary wins SD by beating Hingis in FINAL

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:23 PM
that's awesome! what an accomplishment, great job nicole

pierce0415
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:24 PM
actually I am wrong
she could still be not Top 10 if she loses in QF and Mary beats Martina in final

iPatty
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:24 PM
nicole vaidisovarated. :rolleyes:

people with games that one dimensional don't deserve to be top ten. whatever. who is she replacing?

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:43 PM
Linds will just bump her back out next week ;)

~CANUCK~
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:47 PM

people with games that one dimensional don't deserve to be top ten. whatever. who is she replacing?
wern't you suppost to go kill yourself yesterday :rolleyes:

iPatty
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:48 PM
wern't you suppost to go kill yourself yesterday :rolleyes:

:rolls:

newsflash.

i wasn't serious.

Buitenzorg
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:49 PM
Nicole, but Hingis or Pierce would probably do their best here ;)

pierce0415
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:49 PM
:rolls:

newsflash.

i wasn't serious.

what if Patty somehow chokes against Suarez :confused:

iPatty
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:53 PM
what if Patty somehow chokes against Suarez :confused:

what about it? :retard:

if she loses, she loses. i'm not gunna kill myself because some woman lost in a game. silly goose. :cuckoo:

Dexter
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:57 PM
:clap2: Nicole :)

Justine Fan
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:02 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Congrats Nicole ... I hope you do it :bigclap:

Derek.
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Nicole :D :bigclap:

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Linds will just bump her back out next week ;)

she will knock out Martina then.

vogus
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:32 AM

A totally unsupported, thoughtless statement. First of all she beat a lot of people so she deserves it just for that.

Second of all, Vaidisova has a great baseline game, better than any of the other young players. She is not one-dimensional, she can hit a lot of different type shots especially on her forehand.

As a Patty fan, you should be a connoiseur of talent. I'm disappointed.

iPatty
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:44 AM
A totally unsupported, thoughtless statement. First of all she beat a lot of people so she deserves it just for that.

Second of all, Vaidisova has a great baseline game, better than any of the other young players. She is not one-dimensional, she can hit a lot of different type shots especially on her forehand.

all she's won in her career are tier III's and IV's. :rolleyes:

as was evident against kim, she is one-dimensional. she has terrible defense, and just hits the crap out of the ball. when it goes in, she's amazing. when she finds more consistency, then we'll talk.

i never said she wasn't talented. of course she's talented. she made the semifinals of a grand slam on her worst surface. i applaud her for that.

vogus
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:50 AM
all she's won in her career are tier III's and IV's. :rolleyes:

as was evident against kim, she is one-dimensional. she has terrible defense, and just hits the crap out of the ball. when it goes in, she's amazing. when she finds more consistency, then we'll talk.

i never said she wasn't talented. of course she's talented. she made the semifinals of a grand slam on her worst surface. i applaud her for that.

most 17 years olds do not win Tier 1s and 2s. Nicole is fast and agile for her size and can hit winners from a lot of different places on the court, and has one of the best, if not THE best, 1st serves in the WTA.

I'm surprised there are still so many skeptics.

so.krist!na
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:51 AM
:bigclap:Congrats Nikki

iPatty
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:51 AM
most 17 years olds do not win Tier 1s and 2s. Nicole is fast and agile for her size and can hit winners from a lot of different places on the court, and has one of the best, if not THE best, 1st serves in the WTA.

I'm surprised there are still so many skeptics.

if you're in the top ten, you need to be seen as threats to win major titles. i don't see vaidisova being a huge threat yet. maybe i'll be a believer in a year or two.

.ivy.
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:00 AM
if you're in the top ten, you need to be seen as threats to win major titles. i don't see vaidisova being a huge threat yet. maybe i'll be a believer in a year or two.

I agree. Her inexperience coupled with her volatility don't really make her that much of a threat compared with multi-dimensional players like Justine or Mauresmo.

Dexter
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:01 AM
if you're in the top ten, you need to be seen as threats to win major titles. i don't see vaidisova being a huge threat yet. maybe i'll be a believer in a year or two.she's surely a bigger threat for USO than Patty :tape: although she has won some Tier 1 and been in Top10 for quite a while.

iPatty
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:02 AM
she's surely a bigger threat for USO than Patty :tape: although she has won some Tier 1 and been in Top10 for quite a while.

what does patty have to do with this thread? absolutely nothing, thanks.

:hug:

vogus
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:02 AM

you might be a believer sooner than that, just out of necessity due to her results.

Probably my favorite thing about Nicole is that she doesn't feel the need to finish a point with one shot. Unlike Sharapova or Venus, Nicole has the patience to wait another couple of balls to hit her winner. And that makes her a more dangerous player.

iPatty
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:07 AM
you might be a believer sooner than that, just out of necessity due to her results.

Probably my favorite thing about Nicole is that she doesn't feel the need to finish a point with one shot. Unlike Sharapova or Venus, Nicole has the patience to wait another couple of balls to hit her winner. And that makes her a more dangerous player.

either way, i won't like her. but me not liking her doesn't compare with me not thinking she's top ten material. i absoultely hate justine henin-hardenne, yet i know and think that she is the best player in the world.

nicole will blossom in time. hopefully she leaves her diva attitude behind, and gets a reality check.

Orion
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:07 AM

she's surely a bigger threat for USO than Patty, although she has won some Tier 1 and been in Top10 for quite a while.

what does patty have to do with this thread? absolutely nothing, thanks.

Well, you said top ten players need to be considered threats for major titles, then Dexter said that Vaidisova (whom you don't see as a major threat for titles) was a bigger threat at the US Open that Patty Schnyder, a respected top ten player, and thus by your logic Schnyder is ranked above where you'd imagine her capability. See how that works?

RenaSlam.
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:30 AM

Hm...people that schedule 230202002 tourneys in one year don't deserve to be in the top 10 but you don't hear me bitching.

cough Patty cough Petrova cough cough

Shonami Slam
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:32 AM
well - don't forget Nicole has a say in the top10 debut herself - she might go on to win this herself.
in any case - congratulations, she's very well deserving of her rank, we all know she's got game, the ranking system is having difficulties to show us the real top players since injuries have become such a huge part of the game, but eventually she'll be a ligitimate top10 player by right, and not only because Ma'am or Tower of Power are hurt and out.
it's still an inflation of her rank in consideration of the field we have these days - but she might as well benifit from it.
and it's still amazing she's so young.
it's going to be nice to see her do well on hard courts again, especially if she can bring her great results in the big one coming up. we're looking for a QF at least, and with that she'll be sitting and potential winner for anything in the years to come.

Veeko
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:37 AM
so i hope Mary does not win and Hingis does not reach final,so that nicole can be ranked #9

Shonami Slam
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Hm...people that schedule 230202002 tourneys in one year don't deserve to be in the top 10 but you don't hear me bitching.

cough Patty cough Petrova cough cough

petrova won 4 of thos 230202002 tournies this year (it's actually only 13 and btw - she's won 5 if you include the 52 week system) and reached the QF or better in 6 other.
she's won 1/3 of tournies entered this year and she's beaten the world's best clay player, as well as current world #1.
petrova paid the price for playing too much, but she's very well deserving of her top10 spot either way for quite some time now.

Aaron.
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Congrats Nicole
P.S GO GREG!

delicatecutter
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Good for Nicole. Other than Sharapova, who's the last girl to make top 10 at age 17 or younger?

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I hope she can do it!!! Keep going Nicole!!!

RenaSlam.
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Good for Nicole. Other than Sharapova, who's the last girl to make top 10 at age 17 or younger?

Serena was in the Top 10 when she was 17, don't know who the last was though...

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Nikki :woohoo:

Junex
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:39 AM
I so wanted to bump that thread i created about Nicole debuting in the Top 10 before USO!

and here she is ladies & gents!!!

Welcome to the TOP 10 Nicole!!!!!

Junex
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:44 AM

In-fact i believe Nicole has a more variety than Maria and i think she is better than any other girls her age in executing approach shot.

Nicole so deserve to be in the TOP 10...she has been in a GS SF whereas Patty hasn't done this year..... :tape:

Junex
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Serena was in the Top 10 when she was 17, don't know who the last was though...

Martina was #1 when she was 17 (16)..... :devil:

delicatecutter
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Martina was #1 when she was 17 (16)..... :devil:

So was Seles. :worship:

Nicole's accomplishment is amazing if she's only the second girl to make the Top 10 since the WTA installed the new restrictive age procedures. I just wish I could bring myself to like the girl. :sad:

Zauber
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:07 AM
one dimensional
no style points necessary
the name of the game is winning
any game.
these are allways silly arguments by detractors who dont want to give credit where credit is due.

russophile
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:14 AM
i dont like her so much

Brooklyn90
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:21 AM
good for her!

Vaidisova
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:30 PM
100% official now that Mary is out?

Harju.
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:07 AM
1001% official now :banana:

Derek.
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Nikki! :worship:

delicatecutter
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:10 AM
And like I said before, she's top 10 because she was SF at RG. Not because she's queen of Tier III.

hablo
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:11 AM
i dont like her so much
I love your signature :haha:
It's cute :awww:

on second thought, congrats Nicole :mad:;)

~lollipop_girl~
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:31 AM
:awww: THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME!!!!!! :sobbing: :sad: :bigcry:

DutchieGirl
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:34 AM

If by major titles, you mean Slams and Tier 1's, then I'm sorry but uhh: Schnyder and Dementieva: Patty's not exactly got a long list of Tier 1's to her name, and Elena D either.

DutchieGirl
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Well, you said top ten players need to be considered threats for major titles, then Dexter said that Vaidisova (whom you don't see as a major threat for titles) was a bigger threat at the US Open that Patty Schnyder, a respected top ten player, and thus by your logic Schnyder is ranked above where you'd imagine her capability. See how that works?

I'm a Patty fan, and I even agree with that! :lol:

DutchieGirl
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:37 AM
In-fact i believe Nicole has a more variety than Maria and i think she is better than any other girls her age in executing approach shot.

Nicole so deserve to be in the TOP 10...she has been in a GS SF whereas Patty hasn't done this year..... :tape:

NO, Patty hasn't this year, but she has in the past, and is very consistent. ;)

Vaidisova
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Vaidisova Battles Back For First Tier I Semi, Top 10 Ranking

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/library/200x250/71586232.jpg

SAN DIEGO, CA, USA - After dropping the opening set and going down 2-0 in the second set of her quarterfinal against Anna Chakvetadze, who had already sent Nadia Petrova and Ana Ivanovic packing earlier this week, things didn't seem too bright for Nicole Vaidisova. But she stuck around, toughing out a 36 64 63 win, a win that assured her of a Top 10 debut when the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Singles Rankings come out Monday.

Vaidisova, the No.7 seed at the $1,340,000 Acura Classic, was broken twice during the 37-minute first set, and again in the first game of the second set, but turned things around by cutting down on the errors and playing the big points better, gaining the critical break in the fourth game of the final set and holding the rest of the way.

"I don't think it could have gotten much worse than that," said the 17-year-old Czech on the one-set, 2-0 second set deficit. "But I think it would have been even tougher and a little bit of a different story if I was down 3-0 and two breaks."

The victory not only sends Vaidisova into her career-first Tier I semifinal, her only other semifinal of comparable size being her final four showing at Roland Garros this year, it also gives her a projected No.9 ranking for next Monday, a Top 10 debut. She will be the 12th-youngest player since the inception of the computer rankings over 30 years ago to crack the Top 10, at 17 years, three months and two weeks old.

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/newsroom/?contentid=657

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Nikki :worship:

Geisha
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Cool. :d

So Disrespectful
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Nicole has the potential to win slams and be a top 5 player. I don't see how anyone could not agree.

-Makiri-
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:41 AM
:woohoo:

morningglory
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:07 PM
about time :)
Welcome Nicky!
We hope you stay here for years to come :)

Slumpsova
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:24 PM
:aparty: :banana: :dance: :yippee:

Munich
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:34 PM
:o WTA :help:

Mailin
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Nicole :D CONGRATS!