cheyk
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
;)

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
ana!!!!! eek

Hant11
congrats anna ! i'm very happy for her :-)

G~Playa
Badd Loss

Paul.
:eek:

blumaroo
And her mediocre form continues. Break point conversion was horrible.
Don't turn into a Hantuchova Ana.

lindsayno1
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
jeez...

Dexter
Congrats Anna! Played awesomely well and took her chance and didn't waste crucial opportunities! Well deserved victory.

Ana fuck you, I still love you though.

hablo
:woohoo: Anna, bravo :woohoo:

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:21 PM
ugh, 3/13 break points!!! ana!!! get yourself together!

Ballbasher
Anna used 5/10 bps and Ana 3/13 :spit: Good luck Anna :D

LUXXXAS
Ana :sad: losing to Chaky on hardcourts... :help:
congrats Anna! :)

The_Pov
Well done Anna, she gave Ana a lesson or 2 in that last set.

borisy
Anna is better than Ana.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:22 PM
OMG Anna! :inlove:

Beaten Ana two times in a row now! :banana:

What a bitch-slapping in the 3rd set. :drool:

Congrats on another good win! :bigclap:

Good luck in the next round! :yeah:

Highlandman
Anna C. :woohoo: :rocker: :bounce: :kiss: :worship:

*JR*
Ana's with a new coach, it takes awhile to get "on the same page". Give it a chance.

UDACHi
Ana :sad: losing to Chaky on hardcourts... :help:
congrats Anna! :)

this is easily anna's best surface. :p

way to persevere after the blown opening set anna. :cool:

Wintermute
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:25 PM
Chaky rocks in San Diego!!! :rocker2:

She fought extremely well to save all the break points against her and she took her chances. Keep it up Anya. :yeah:

alextim
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:25 PM
a quarter "vaidisova/ivanovic" would have been great

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
Ana :sad: :mad: :fiery:

Congrats Chaky :worship: :kiss:

Libertango
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Ana :sad:

nouf
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
Anna is better than Ana.

sure un N more! lol

rightous
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
Well Done Anna

Perfection
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:34 PM
Chakky!! :bounce:

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM
Ana is one of those players who doesn't beat herself.
Ivanovic just didn't do enough today. Credit to Anna who played some great tennis on break point.

ezekiel
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
That's really bad effort there, I am giving her more time with the new coach before drawing any conclusions .

Reuchlin
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
congrats ana
When will Ivanovic start delivering?

new-york
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:44 PM
:(

iPatty
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
ana. :fiery: stop losing matches you should win.

LegionArgentina
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:47 PM

Lindsayfanumber1
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:52 PM

azdaja
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:05 PM
Ana's with a new coach, it takes awhile to get "on the same page". Give it a chance.
i fucking hope so :fiery:

mboyle
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:15 PM
This is so unfortunate...I was salivating over a Vaidisova vs. Ivanovic quarter-final. Now Nicole won't even be on TV:rolleyes: . But how the HELL does Chakvetadze have Ivanovic's number like this? Two victories in a row:eek: . And I mean it's not as if Anna is a real up and coming player...I'm worried.

Perfection
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
This is so unfortunate...I was salivating over a Vaidisova vs. Ivanovic quarter-final. Now Nicole won't even be on TV:rolleyes: . But how the HELL does Chakvetadze have Ivanovic's number like this? Two victories in a row:eek: . And I mean it's not as if Anna is a real up and coming player...I'm worried.

:rolleyes: She obviously has more talent & mental fortitude than Ana.

densuprun

You should be worried about Chaky's next match, too. She is quite capable of stopping Nicole.

Ellery
Anna C :yeah:

Steffica Greles
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:33 PM

How do you know?

Chakvetadze is something of an underrated player. She has steadily climbed the rankings, she's only 9 months older than Ivanovic, and she's without a doubt top 20 material. And if a player is a top 20 cert, then who knows how much further they can go with a bit of perseverance, luck and hard work. I'd agree that her peak form doesn't appear to be as dangerous to the top players as that of Ivanovic, but sometimes steady strides, and slow improvements, can build real confidence, whereas leaps leave too much ground uncovered over one's shoulder, as it were - ground which has to be covered at some point.

Incidentally, Chakvetadze came out of nowhere in the juniors. She reached the Wimbledon 2003 junior final as a qualifier. She's used to being overlooked.

borisy
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:33 PM

:rolleyes: mboyle... sorry to say this but i've been following your posts and you don't sound like you follow or know much about tennis.

so.krist!na
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Ana :mad: what were you doing during the match?You should win that match!
Damn. :mad:

Ferosh
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:42 PM
Anna :bowdown:

It's nice to see you back-up your previous win against Petrova. Good luck in the quarters, I hope you can beat Vaidisova.

Ferosh
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:43 PM

Slim Shady spewing bullshit once again. :rolleyes:

furrykitten
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:43 PM
Great win for Anna :hug:

Cp6uja
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:50 PM
http://www.starfm.gr/pictures/crying_child.jpg
http://www.ebeyer.com/photos/misc/crying.jpg
http://home.flash.net/~bob001/crying.jpg

ANA :angel: ...WTF... how is this possible?
I realy dont know... Anna C. is not bad player, but lose after 1st set win, and lose 6-1!!! in 3rd, and have 3/13 BP... i dont have any idea how this is possible...

But i still belive in Ana - with not bad draw she will reach atleast one SF in next two weeks (LA or Toronto), and atleast QF at US Open !!!!

AJDE ANA!!!

morningglory
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:52 PM
CHA-CHING this more than compensates for the 100 V-Cash I put on JJ ;)
yay 1.7 odds x200 = 340 yay!
I was so close to getting 7k+ on JJ... if only she won the 3rd sigh

.ivy.
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Great comeback from a set down. :D

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:03 AM
:rolleyes: mboyle... sorry to say this but i've been following your posts and you don't sound like you follow or know much about tennis.

Actually I watch every single women's tennis match on American TV:wavey: .

I just am not afraid to speak the truth. Anna C does not have as much potential as Ana I. If she did, she would have been top 20 by now, and would have beaten the world no. 1 two times. She hasn't achieved anything of that nature, and is already 19. Therefore, she is neither young nor a big prospect for the top 10.

cometz9
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Ana :help: 2nd time this year losing to Anna.
Good job Anna :D

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
As a caveat, I do think she is a solid top 25 player. I just think that Ana I at her best should and would beat Anna C at her best. Ana I has more weapons.

ezekiel
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:08 AM
She is not at her best now . She's got a new coach and should be given some time to see improvement

delicatecutter
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Ana was up a set and a break!! :(

I do like Anna C. though so good for her.

I just really want Ana to play well enough to get on American TV!! I've yet to see a whole match of hers.

Dan23
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:21 AM
wow nice comeback Anna :cool:
6-1 in the 3rd :eek:

Brashkoala
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:28 AM
anna what happened? you really should have won this match. you need to take opportunities when a draw like this opens up for you.

~|Naomi|~
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:30 AM
:banana: Anna

Anna-Nicole QF - that would be a match I'd like to see:D

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:36 AM

if you got your head out of your ass for once, you'd know more :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mboyle and his endless rants against Russian players :tape: (except Sharapova, she's Russian too :p and not a yank :rolleyes: )

delicatecutter
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Anna is clearly a very talented up-and-comer. (She's up and coming until she gets where she should be.) Petrova and Ivanovic are great wins. And I think she has a chance against Vaidisova. I don't think anyone she be discrediting Miss Chakvetadze.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Anna :D

Ana :( Was really looking forward to a QF against Nikki...

crazyroberto6767
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Another 3 set loss to Anna :(. Blah, Anna's looking in good-form lately and is very solid on the summer hard courts, so it isn't a terrible loss. Good luck to Ana for her next tournament. Switching coaches is tough, and I'm sure they'll start gelling soon enough.

Congrats Anna :yeah:.

Milito22
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:06 AM
noooooooooo!.................. :hysteric:

selyoink
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Anna is having a great week. Another very good win.

I don't understand why so many people seem surprised by the result. Not like Ivanovic is having a very good year.

Albireo
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:44 AM

I don't understand why so many people seem surprised by the result. Not like Ivanovic is having a very good year.

80% predicted an Ivanovic win in the poll, FWIW.

Alicia Rocks
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Ana :mad:

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:48 AM

Ana's year has not been bad. It has not been stellar. She has been stagnant. She makes too many unforced errors and does not play big points super well. People thought Ana would win because Ana is a (excuse me for saying it) better player who rarely self destructs. However, this is the second time Anna has beaten Ana, suggesting a bad match up for Ivanovic.

Lulu.
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Ana! :o

~lollipop_girl~
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Blah... What a crappy day!!!!! :fiery:

Congrats Chaky! :yeah:
WTF Ana!!!!! :mad:

Cankarlo
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:33 AM
The problem is Ana makes so much pressure on herself. In the final set she was 3-0 down she was 0-30 but she managed to win her service game and then she relaxed a little bit and she was up 40-0 in Chakvetadze serve. She couldn't manage it and I am afraid she lost it. If she were winning this game she also would of won the match. And the stage makes huge difference. (like 3-2 and 4-1) However I really liked Ana because of her superb shots and making big comebacks in her matches. But since for a long time she couldn't do these very big comebacks. Yes she did against Safina but I want to see like how she did against Golovin in Zurich 2004. She was 5/1 and a match point down she won the match. Come on Ana. I missed your old performance. I THINK HER BEST PERFORM CAME THIS YEAR AGAINST NA LI in Germany. She won the first set 6/1 and her returns were mouthwatering. She was unlucky that retired with an injury in that match.

Junex
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:40 AM
2 Ns is better than 1 N!!!!!

Goodluck Anna C.!!!

Paul.
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:41 AM
i dont know why but i really hate the name anna but i love the name ana. its stupid i know but i really do :lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Ana, what was that? :o

-Makiri-
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:41 AM
i dont know why but i really hate the name anna but i love the name ana. its stupid i know but i really do :lol:
So you hate my name ;)

Dexter
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:00 AM
The problem is Ana makes so much pressure on herself. In the final set she was 3-0 down she was 0-30 but she managed to win her service game and then she relaxed a little bit and she was up 40-0 in Chakvetadze serve. She couldn't manage it and I am afraid she lost it. If she were winning this game she also would of won the match. And the stage makes huge difference. (like 3-2 and 4-1) However I really liked Ana because of her superb shots and making big comebacks in her matches. But since for a long time she couldn't do these very big comebacks. Yes she did against Safina but I want to see like how she did against Golovin in Zurich 2004. She was 5/1 and a match point down she won the match. Come on Ana. I missed your old performance. I THINK HER BEST PERFORM CAME THIS YEAR AGAINST NA LI in Germany. She won the first set 6/1 and her returns were mouthwatering. She was unlucky that retired with an injury in that match.that is! I miss Ana-the-warrior from late 2004/early 2005 :( Come back baby!

Munchen
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:02 AM
:eek: Anna performing consistent lately :worship:

Just Do It
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:43 PM
What was wrong with Ana in the third set? Was she injured or what...i dont get it !? :(

Freakan
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM
WTF ANA?! :mad: :o :hysteric:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Hardheads :rolleyes:

Davai the Chak!!! :rocker2:

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:11 PM
No surprise here. Anna is on her way to the top 10

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:31 PM
No surprise here. Anna is on her way to the top 10

ahahahhahah:lol: Says the poster that thinks Maria Sharapova will not be top 10 in a year:tape: .

~lollipop_girl~
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:45 AM
:lol: I'm similar, although I don't hate the name Anna, I just don't reaaly like it... But in is different and I think its great! :p

rada
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Ana really needs to wake up:(

Corswandt
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM
http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/customavatars/avatar28326_7.gif

A Belen Arjona avatar at WTAW.

Now I've really seen everything.