PDA

View Full Version : SD 3R: N.Vaidisova def D.Hantuchova 64 62

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:33 PM
Daniela it wasn't supposed to be so easy for Nicole :o
Anyway, congrats Nicole :) She fired 16 aces :eek: Next to come is Chakvetadze or Ivanovic.

IceHock
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:34 PM
Nicole converted her break chances,Daniela didn't,story of the match.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:35 PM
Way to waste 7 break points Danka! :clap2:

-------

Congrats Nicole, you served really good today! :yeah:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Yeah, too many BP lost...

Vaidisova
16 aces from Nicole:bolt:

Good job Nicole, much easier than I thought it would be.

UDACHi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:36 PM
death at 16 aces and 6 double faults.

pierce0415
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:36 PM
I guess welcome Nicole to Top 10

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM
Daniela is soo hopeless its not even funny.. Im sooo close to not even caring about her anymore.. This is getting really old.. She cant beat anyone who is good

Eugenia
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:38 PM
Nice win Nicole!!! :bigclap:
Dani... :hug:

Uranus
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:39 PM
It was very close until Daniela gave up in the 2nd set. Too many missed opportunities...

Congrats Nicole for reaching top 10! :D

Wiggly
I'm so bored to cheer for Daniela. Alays close. Always wasting BP's :o

Winnie
16 aces,that's very good!Nice work Nikky! :bounce:

M-K
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:40 PM
Wow it was a lot easier than I had expected.. I was actually nervous that Nicole would lose.. But way to go Nicole.. :) Win this!

vutt
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
nice :)

blumaroo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
Expected.
She will crush Anna too if she wins. Ana needs to play really well to beat Nicole now.

nouf
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:47 PM
yeahhhh! nicole rulez! :-)

NyCPsU
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:54 PM
dani :sad:

this match was alot closer than the scoreline shows though, it was not a walk in the park for nicole

if dani played the important points better than this would have been a match

Wintermute
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
:sad: Didn't want Daniela to lose like this but the stats aren't great.

Is Daniela the worst player at playing break points right now? She can't win any of her own and gives away almost all the ones her opponents get!

Dexter
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Well done Nicole :worship: 16 aces! :drool:

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:00 PM
DAMN, 16 aces. she obviously deserved to win!

LegionArgentina
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
Dani :sad: :sad: :sad:

Good luck in dobles

BoucharDRules
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
16 Aces! :eek:

It would take Elena 100 matches to get that many. :lol:

Awesome job, Nicole! :bounce:

LoveFifteen
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Way to go, Daniela, the Federer of the WTA. :lol:

Cheers, Derek! :kiss:

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:22 PM
great job to nicole

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Way to go, Daniela, the Federer of the WTA. :lol:

Cheers, Derek! :kiss:

:ras:

:o ;)

JackWalker
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:26 PM
match: daniela got broken at the start of both sets and at the end of the second. she could not convert four break points in the first and three in the second.

the truth is that daniela is hopeless. the truth is that im mostly a fan because shes so pretty. her games is so inconsistant. im thinking about taking her off my signature.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:29 PM
the truth is that daniela is hopeless. the truth is that im mostly a fan because shes so pretty. her games is so inconsistant. im thinking about taking her off my signature.

Please take her out then!

She doesn't need fake fans like you.

A real fan sticks with their player through the good times and the bad times.

You are obviously not a real fan.

Europe rocks
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:33 PM
Dani :sobbing:

At least she won consecutive matches outside of a Grand Slam :p

JackWalker
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:35 PM
Please take her out then!

She doesn't need fake fans like you.

A real fan sticks with their player through the good times and the bad times.

You are obviously not a real fan.

i didnt consider myself a fake fan but i guess i might have been. i really dont want to cheer for someone who doesnt help themselves and plays stupid tennis.

densuprun
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
I guess welcome Nicole to Top 10

Officially? Not yet. Top 10 is almost certain but not guaranteed just yet.

Nicole can guarantee by winning her next match. If she loses, however, her place in top 10 will be up for grabs for Hingis and Pierce. One and only one scenario can lead to them passing Nicole and pushing her back to 11th place. It will happen only if Pierce beats Hingis in the final.

cheyk
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
Congrats Nicole ;)
Wellcome to the top ten

Dexter
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:38 PM
Officially? Not yet. Top 10 is almost certain but not guaranteed just yet.

Nicole can guarantee by winning her next match. If she loses, however, her place in top 10 will be up for grabs for Hingis and Pierce. One and only one scenario can lead to them passing Nicole and pushing her back to 11th place. It will happen only if Pierce beats Hingis in the final.which won't happen :cool:

Welcome to Top10 Nicole :bigclap:

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:39 PM
i didnt consider myself a fake fan but i guess i might have been. i really dont want to cheer for someone who doesnt help themselves and plays stupid tennis.

All players play stupid tennis and don't help themselves.

Ivanovic could have won her match today as well if she didn't make mistakes.

Same goes for Golovin earlier this week.

If you only like players because they are good looking and they win a lot of matches, you aren't really a fan of tennis in general. :shrug:

JackWalker
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:51 PM
All players play stupid tennis and don't help themselves.

Ivanovic could have won her match today as well if she didn't make mistakes.

Same goes for Golovin earlier this week.

If you only like players because they are good looking and they win a lot of matches, you aren't really a fan of tennis in general. :shrug:

at least ivanovic and golovin go deep in tournament once in a while, like miami and stanford. daniela never does this. her tennis allows her to loose to perry, savchuk, and stosur.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:57 PM
at least ivanovic and golovin go deep in tournament once in a while, like miami and stanford. daniela never does this. her tennis allows her to loose to perry, savchuk, and stosur.

They also have disappointing losses. Ivanovic lost to Stosur earlier this year too. Golovin just lost to Frazier. All players have bad losses. :shrug: It's a part of the game.

Go ahead and take her out of your signature, because you aren't a fan.

If you are a fan of Ivanovic, why can't you spell her first name right? :confused:

Kirilenko has lost three straight first rounds. She's struggling as well.

But you are probably a fan of them for their looks as well. :rolleyes:

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Way to waste 7 break points Danka! :clap2:

-------

Congrats Nicole, you served really good today! :yeah:

I was following the match. Nicole hit like 5 aces on break point. It's hard to convert when someone is firing bombs at you like that.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Nikki :woohoo:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:30 AM
They also have disappointing losses. Ivanovic lost to Stosur earlier this year too. Golovin just lost to Frazier. All players have bad losses. :shrug: It's a part of the game.

Go ahead and take her out of your signature, because you aren't a fan.

If you are a fan of Ivanovic, why can't you spell her first name right? :confused:

Kirilenko has lost three straight first rounds. She's struggling as well.

But you are probably a fan of them for their looks as well. :rolleyes:
Stop trying to defend Daniela right now... She is obviously going down in form and needs to change something or else... And for what you said about a real fan goes through the good and the bad.. Ive been a big fan since 2002 and after you go through pretty much all bad.. It gets old

JackWalker
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Stop trying to defend Daniela right now... She is obviously going down in form and needs to change something or else... And for what you said about a real fan goes through the good and the bad.. Ive been a big fan since 2002 and after you go through pretty much all bad.. It gets old

thank you. exactly my feelings.

SzavayFi
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Your one Dani fan I cant stand after she looses. Of course he can defend her. Its was a good fan would do.

JackWalker
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Your one Dani fan I cant stand after she looses. Of course he can defend her. Its was a good fan would do.

a good fan is also not blind to their favorites and can admitt when they are struggling are simply playing bad tennis.

Stamp Paid
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:02 AM
16 aces. damn.
Wheres your return game Danka? Nikki's serve is not THAT good. :help:

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Nicole :worship: :D

Derek.
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:06 AM
a good fan is also not blind to their favorites and can admitt when they are struggling are simply playing bad tennis.

I know that Danka isn't playing good tennis atm, and I know she's struggling.

But I will NEVER stop supporting her because she loses too much. :retard:

That's just childish, immature, and bandwagonish.

Anyways, losing to Vaidisova isn't that bad. It's not like she lost to Gloria again. :o

Prizeidiot
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:15 AM
I know that Danka isn't playing good tennis atm, and I know she's struggling.

But I will NEVER stop supporting her because she loses too much. :retard:

That's just childish, immature, and bandwagonish.

Anyways, losing to Vaidisova isn't that bad. It's not like she lost to Gloria again. :o
I'll back you here.

It's fine to be a fan and make constructive crtiticisms of your favourite. It's good that you can see the flaws that your favourite has. But to stop supporting them when they lose matches is pathetic. That isn't being a fan, that's jumping on the bandwagon.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting in here is to say congrats to Nikki, and ask, how did Daniela approach this match? I saw them play in Sydney earlier this year, and for some bizarre reason, Dani hit every shot to Nicole's forehand, and deservedly, got burned.

SzavayFi
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Yeah well did I ever say she was playing all star tennis? Hell no. She is way unfocused right now and has mental blocks. Therefore she most DEFINATELY playing some patchy tennis at the moment. Does that mean I dont defend her to people that are being ridiculous? Of course not.

selyoink
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:28 AM
16 aces is pretty shocking.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Danka :sad:

But Nikki :D

mboyle
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:19 AM
16 aces. damn.
Wheres your return game Danka? Nikki's serve is not THAT good. :help:

Yeah it is. When it is on, she gets those kind of numbers.

Lulu.
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Dani :sad:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I'll back you here.

It's fine to be a fan and make constructive crtiticisms of your favourite. It's good that you can see the flaws that your favourite has. But to stop supporting them when they lose matches is pathetic. That isn't being a fan, that's jumping on the bandwagon.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting in here is to say congrats to Nikki, and ask, how did Daniela approach this match? I saw them play in Sydney earlier this year, and for some bizarre reason, Dani hit every shot to Nicole's forehand, and deservedly, got burned.
Jumpin on the Bandwagon? :rolleyes: Ok, its not like im going to go and support Hingis or Justine ( :cuckoo: ) Who am i going to go to? My Faves are Daniela, Serena, and Jelena D... And none of them are doing well ATM... Im just mad and sad that Daniela keeps losing. She deserves and has the talent to beat the good players on a consistent basis.. not once or twice a year

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Im just mad and sad that Daniela keeps losing. She deserves and has the talent to beat the good players on a consistent basis.. not once or twice a year

The same as me. I don't know what happened to this girl. It all started at AO 03 after the loss to Venus. I remember the interviev after that match, Daniela had tears in eyes. The sad loss must have affeted on her psychic and sadly now she can't find the form she had then :o

xan
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:14 PM
16 Aces in two sets is pretty awesome serving. That's nearly two aces per serve game!

-Makiri-
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Nicole :) (but Daniela :sad: )

dizoo
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:58 PM
i don't see why people get so nervous...
Daniela is not a top player. Vaidisova is much better than she is.
i mean

Daniela went til she could :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:07 PM
i don't see why people get so nervous...
Daniela is not a top player. Vaidisova is much better than she is.
i mean

Daniela went til she could :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If your fav player plays like crap lately, it's obvious we get angry :o

Uranus
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
4 years ago Danka was considered the best new talent just like Nikki today :rolleyes:

Sad things happened to her then, she paid the prize and keeps paying. :sad:

franny
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Can someone explain to me where all this "Daniela is so talented, she has what it takes to be the best" frenzy comes from? I often hear people talking about how good of a player she was and how she deserves to make it back to top 10. Mainly people refer to her year 2002 where she won the Indian Wells title. But for me, I just don't get it. What really got me was the other day when someone said that her game is like the Federer of the woman's tour. I mean, wtf? It's like she had ONE great tournament where she was on, reached a couple of quarterfinals at slams, a final at Filderstadt (these four tournaments alone got her to number 5 in the world) and all of a sudden people expected so much from her and claims that she was such a great talent. I just don't see it. What about her game is so good? To me, she's just a power hitter. She hits hard shots and good down the line shots. But her movement is really bad and she really does not use that much variety in her game. Her best year wasn't even that great of a year. Hell, she lost to Alexandra Stevenson! She was never a real threat to the top players aside from that one magical week. Maybe I just don't see something, but I'd really like to know. Maybe I have not watched enough of her matches to really appreciate her talents.

Derek.
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Can someone explain to me where all this "Daniela is so talented, she has what it takes to be the best" frenzy comes from? I often hear people talking about how good of a player she was and how she deserves to make it back to top 10. Mainly people refer to her year 2002 where she won the Indian Wells title. But for me, I just don't get it. What really got me was the other day when someone said that her game is like the Federer of the woman's tour. I mean, wtf? It's like she had ONE great tournament where she was on, reached a couple of quarterfinals at slams, a final at Filderstadt (these four tournaments alone got her to number 5 in the world) and all of a sudden people expected so much from her and claims that she was such a great talent. I just don't see it. What about her game is so good? To me, she's just a power hitter. She hits hard shots and good down the line shots. But her movement is really bad and she really does not use that much variety in her game. Her best year wasn't even that great of a year. Hell, she lost to Alexandra Stevenson! She was never a real threat to the top players aside from that one magical week. Maybe I just don't see something, but I'd really like to know. Maybe I have not watched enough of her matches to really appreciate her talents.

She has tons of talent. When she is playing her best tennis she uses the whole court. Yes, I agree, she isn't the best mover out there, but she makes up for it. She has great groundstrokes, especially the backhand. She rips down the line shots like no other. She actually DOES have a lot of variety in her game. She can hit any shot in the book. She has great hands at net and is able to come up with amazing drop volleys. She also has great touch as she often comes up with good drop shots from behind the baseline. She has an array of shots in her arsenal. People saw how good of a ball striker she was and not only that, but she could do a lot more things on the court besides hit the ball hard. A lot of people tend to think she has no variety, but they need to go back to 2002 when she used it a lot. She's great at moving forward after she opens up the court with her groundstrokes. Her groundstrokes look very beautiful when she times them well and has time to set up because of her long stroke and how fluid it is. She's one of the most talented players on tour.

At the moment, she isn't any where near her potential. She's making dumb decisions on the court. She's making too many unforced errors and her shot selection isn't very good. She's not showing that she believes she can beat the top players. When she plays them she usually starts well, but if she loses the first set she tends to go away after that. She isn't focusing well at the moment and is not playing the big points right. It's like she's a completely different player. Most things for her are mental at the moment. She also has a couple of kinks in her game that need to be sorted out. Otherwise, a lot of it is in her head. :sad: