PDA

View Full Version : Would You Prefer Venus To Be Seeded Or Unseeded @ USO?

pierce0415
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
She will be ranked 29-31 next week depending on the results of Anna C and Vera Z. Then she suppose to play LA and Montreal, both of which would add to her point total. But who knows whether she will actually play? So it is up in the air whether she will be ranked in the Top 32 for the USO.

I would prefer Venus to be seeded so she does not face Mary or Na 1R and for her to face one of the Top 8 in the 3R, hopefully Kim or Nadia. :devil:

http://2006.chinatennis.org.cn/bbs/UploadFile/2006-7/20067160142636767.jpg (http://2006.chinatennis.org.cn/bbs/UploadFile/2006-7/20067160142636767.jpg)

Ballbasher
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
Definetely seeded :D

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
I would love for her to be seeded but to be fair with other players who earned their ranking, I would still go with the ranking. To hell with Venus first round opponent.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:18 PM
It depends. If she is unseeded she can be drawn anywhere, she can have Mauresmo in the 1R for example. If she is seeded with 28-32 number she will get one of 4 highest seed players, I guess. I think it's better for her to be unseeded. Though, I think she doesn't really care. If she's in form she can win with anybody just like at Wimledon last year.

darrinbaker00
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
I would prefer Venus to be ranked #1. Period.

crazyroberto6767
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
Seeded, partly because that probably means she's played at least one tune-up. But it's going to be very difficult either way.

IceHock
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
It doesn't really matter if venus is seeded,if she plays good she'll win,if she doesn't play good,she's in a little trouble.

MH0861
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'm sure both she and everyone else in the Top 32 would prefer her to be seeded. :) I know I don't want my favs running in to her prematurely.

mboyle
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
unseeded. I want a Williams vs. Williams first round unseeded so that they both realize they have to get their asses in gear and stop being celebrities.:sad:

UDACHi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:27 PM
seeded. she needs easier matches to get going.

PLP
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:45 PM
Definitely seeded! Yeah, she would probably have to play a top 4 in the 3rd round but better that than the 1st IMO!

pierce0415
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
unseeded. I want a Williams vs. Williams first round unseeded so that they both realize they have to get their asses in gear and stop being celebrities.:sad:

you could still have that match even if Venus was seeded :p

50Sense
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
:lol: Well I'm sure she'd prefer to be seeded. But yeah,I'd rather see her seeded.

Here's a question: When was the last time both Williams Sisters were unseeded at a Grand Slam?

crazyroberto6767
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:53 PM
Here's a question: When was the last time both Williams Sisters were unseeded at a Grand Slam?
Must have been 98 Australian, when they played each other in r2. Because Vee was definitely seeded @ that next FO, but I don't think she was @ the AO.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah you're right. Serena is a far too big diva. If she wants to play tennis, so play tennis, forget about acting, films and fashion. Venus is far more modest than Serena is and she is more concerned about her game not the big world of fashion etc

Paneru
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:56 PM
Sounds like more for your
sake than their's. ;)

Whatever comes, comes.
It does not matter to me. :cool:

Venus/JHH Final. :angel:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
I don't care :shrug:

seeding has never mattered to Venus, its always been about how she's playing. A good draw would be nice but whatever is fine. I just want Vee to play and play well!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
Venus/JHH Final. :angel:
Pretty optimistic :p

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
I'm sure a lot of player ranked from 33-50 would prefer to be seeded.
They haven't done enough according to the rankings to have that happen so now they float in the draw and hope to create havoc.
Venus doesn't want to create havoc. She wants to win.
She's made it to the finals of the US Open before unseeded and with the right draw she can do it again.
The problem is I don't know what the hell has happened within in the last couple of months. She played classic grass court tennis on clay. Then she comes and plays clay style tennis on grass. I don't even know what she will do this slam.

SelesFan70
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
I would prefer her to just show up and play. ;)

Paneru
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Pretty optimistic :p
It's not optimism. :p

TomTennis
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
To be honest it doenst matter. She has always said that her seeding doenst affect her. If she is going to win the US Open then she has to play well, despite the number or no number next to her name.

Paneru
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:36 PM
I would prefer her to just show up and play. ;)
She's good for it. :cool:

Only has ever missed two
Slams in her career.

Paneru
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
I'm sure a lot of player ranked from 33-50 would prefer to be seeded.
They haven't done enough according to the rankings to have that happen so now they float in the draw and hope to create havoc.
Venus doesn't want to create havoc. She wants to win.
She's made it to the finals of the US Open before unseeded and with the right draw she can do it again.
The problem is I don't know what the hell has happened within in the last couple of months. She played classic grass court tennis on clay. Then she comes and plays clay style tennis on grass. I don't even know what she will do this slam.

She'll win.
2 set final,
tb in the second.

You're Welcome! :wavey: