PDA

View Full Version : Daily journal "Dziennik" says about Hingis & Kournikova ...

markhingis
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
According to Polish daily newspaper "Dziennik":

"1800 seconds took Anna Kournikova to persuade Martina Hingis to play again together in US Open doubles competition. Those two, playing together, have triumphed twice in Australian Open doubles.
The Russian wants to comeback on courts after 3-year-absence caused by back injury."

If that's truth, it seems that Anna wants Martina to resume 'cooperation'.
But they didn't write was was the outcome of that persuading Martina...

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:08 PM
If Anna's coming back for real and that article is true, it would be better for her to wait 'till de AO. She's not in competitive shape yet. (not even for doubles).

markhingis
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
Right,if Martina agreed to play this year,she would have to work so hard and do the job for two,cause Anna would still be only a nice background. And that's sth Martina doesn't want to do,especially as she stated to focus only on singles.

tenn_ace
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks for introducing this publication to us. Just based ont his article we know what it is worth. Which is nothing. :lol:

AK-DH Fan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
THANX for the info:) I hope it's true. But there's no way Anna could be in good shape by that time. BTW is "Dziennik" a tabloid or a newspaper. Because tabloids as everyone knows aren't necessarily reliable

CooCooCachoo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:10 PM
I do hope she comes back.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't believe polish newspapers :lol: Anyway it would be good to have Anna back ;)

Dexter
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
THANX for the info:) I hope it's true. But there's no way Anna could be in good shape by that time. BTW is "Dziennik" a tabloid or a newspaper. Because tabloids as everyone knows aren't necessarily reliableit's a daily (as the name suggests) newspaper

AK-DH Fan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
it's a daily (as the name suggests) newspaper

:) I really hope she comes back/ It's been so long :sad:

PLP
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
:bounce: , Well, it really does sound like Anna is coming back but The US Open is right around the corner, can't see it happening...yet.

SilK
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks for introducing this publication to us. Just based ont his article we know what it is worth. Which is nothing. :lol:

Well, this article might not be true...

But with the ammount of press this story is getting, it's beginning to look like it's actually true. I honestly think that by january 2007, we'll be having Anna back on tour... in doubles at least.

Dann
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:38 AM
''Dziennik is very good newspaper '' :D

I read ''Dziennik'' every day

bellascarlett
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I hope Anna does come back but she really needs to get back in match-play shape. I hope Martina helps her on her return if ever as Anna will greatly need it.

The US Open is in a few weeks though so I doubt it.

Martian Stacey
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:05 AM
I'll believe it when i see it ;) Or i hear a proper quote from Martina or Anna.

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I always thought Anna might come back to play doubles.
But it's a lot of work, and she doesn't need to do it

Fantastic
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Martina may have agreed to play with Anna thinking that they wouldn't go far in the tournament anyway. Or maybe the newspaper misunderstood and Anna actually meant the US Open of 2007, which IMO, is more likely if she is thinking of attempting a real comeback.

frenchie
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:55 PM
If only it could be true!!!
I don't mind her results, just come back Anna....

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:15 PM
do you think there'll ever be a player like anna ever again? cuz i miss her ::weep::