PDA

View Full Version : maria sharapova have o lot of regrets about her semi final of wimbledon against momo

alextim
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
I read in french newspaper that she was forced by her family to see her semi-final in video ... and she thinks she should have won this match because she was dominating since the middle of the second said ... she has made an error of strategy in playing "too much"

Personaly I think is amélie who played well and made her play bad with a lot of errors :angel:

vogus
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
Sharapova lost because she doesn't know how to volley. She was damn lucky to win Wimby even once considering that big hole in her grass game.

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:50 PM
I think she made the same mistakes in the 3rd set that she always does.
Too many forehand UE's. Lousy volleying, lousy footwork.
And she moves her serve around, but it has little pop to it. No power.

Mauresmo broke her 3 times in the 3rd.
Kim broke her 4 times in the 3rd at the USO.
Justine breaks Maria all the time.

She needs to power her serve more. Among many other improvements

Viktymise
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:51 PM
Sharapova lost because she doesn't know how to volley. She was damn lucky to win Wimby even once considering that big hole in her grass game.
yes, her volleys are mediocre at best, she was lucky to even get past the 4th round tho, Flav should have beaten her in straights :o

SelesFan70
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Odd shot selection, horrendous volleys...oh...and a good opponent. :lol:

wateva
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
she doesn't want to watch because of her ugly volley errors.

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:58 PM
amelie played well, first off.

maria's serve also went away. i think maybe she had a little problem with serving fatigue, in that she didn't have the energy to continue to pound it in. she got a little unlucky in 2 of the service games which she lost too. if she worked on her net game, that match would be hers. on a grass court, her game should be too big for mauresmo in the future. her forehand needs to stay together too.

bottom line: she SHOULD have regrets. it was a winnable match, and she didn't do anything right in the third set.

Kart
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
I read in french newspaper that she was forced by her family to see her semi-final in video.

Someone ought to call social services.

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by fab
"on a grass court, her game should be too big for mauresmo in the future. her forehand needs to stay together too. "

It's just the opposite. Grass favors the volleyer.
Maria should never beat Amelie on grass, or anywhere else.
And she hasn't.

Maria is about 1-15 against Amelie, Kim, and Justine - the slam holders

Il Primo!
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:01 PM
Maria wasted too many occasion, it's pretty clear, if she had broken Amé at the beginning of the 3rd, she would have won the match and maybe the tourney.

But Amé never gave up,finally. She simply served stronger, moved a way better, and played a way smater than Maria. Enough said, nothing to add, no regret to have. Hopefully it won't be the same story the next time. :p Davenport lost the 3 first meeting against Amé :devil: and then... :angel:

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:05 PM
It's just the opposite. Grass favors the volleyer.
Maria should never beat Amelie on grass, or anywhere else.
And she hasn't.

Maria is about 1-15 against Amelie, Kim, and Justine - the slam holders
since when has grass truly favored the volleyer. that's laughable. grass favors the big shots, usually flatter shots. first serve, forehand, and backhand. volleying is just a plus.

mauresmo is 8 years older than maria and has only one more major. maria has loads of time to improve against the top 3 as well.

The_Pov
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:07 PM
since when has grass truly favored the volleyer. that's laughable. grass favors the big shots, usually flatter shots. first serve, forehand, and backhand. volleying is just a plus.

mauresmo is 8 years older than maria and has only one more major. maria has loads of time to improve against the top 3 as well.

Not now that the lta has decided to ruin wimbledon by messing with the courts.

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
Not now that the lta has decided to ruin wimbledon by messing with the courts.
:confused:

the slowing down of the courts is what has taken the volleying advantage out of the grass courts.

or were you already agreeing with me?

alextim
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
Someone ought to call social services.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:12 PM
Did Maria also watched how lucky she was during the semis agains't Lindsay the year she won it? She should say, I should have say " I should have lost that match"

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:13 PM
Did Maria also watched how lucky she was during the semis agains't Lindsay the year she won it? She should say, I should have say " I should have lost that match"
:rolleyes: yeah i bet that's exactly what she's thinking since she steamrolled davenport in the third set and has absolutely owned their head to head ever since.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
:rolleyes: yeah i bet that's exactly what she's thinking since she steamrolled davenport in the third set and has absolutely owned their head to head ever since.

I would'nt say owned!! how many matches really? and I would'nt forget the double bagel Lindsay gave her at Indian Wells.

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:16 PM
mauresmo is the better player period.

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
I would'nt say owned!! how many matches really? and I would'nt forget the double bagel Lindsay gave her at Indian Wells.
she's won 4 of the 5 times they've played. and lindsay has been the higher ranked player every time.

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
mauresmo is the better palyer period.

god, thank you for keeping it real.

she was 0-2 against mauresmo. to my knowledge, she hadn't even won a set off of her before the wimbledon match. maria is just not that good. she's got the intensity of a williams' but not as much talent. and yes, i know she owns my fave or whatever, you don't have to let me know that. :)

Serge007
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
Sharapova lost because she doesn't know how to volley.
And why lost Henin? Because she knows very well how to volley. Or because Mauresmo played better...

Viktymise
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:22 PM

she was 0-2 against mauresmo. to my knowledge, she hadn't even won a set off of her before the wimbledon match. maria is just not that good. she's got the intensity of a williams' but not as much talent. and yes, i know she owns my fave or whatever, you don't have to let me know that. :)
Yes Mauresmo played a better grass court match and deserved to win in the end, Mauresmo's technique is way superior to Maria's which was one of the main reasons why she won, and plus the Lena - Sharapova H2H is very :sad: to me

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
And why lost Henin? Because she knows very well how to volley. Or because Mauresmo played better...
henin chocked and mauresmo stepped up!

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
she's won 4 of the 5 times they've played. and lindsay has been the higher ranked player every time.

I still would'nt say she owns Lindsay. All Lindsay lost was "anybody can win" match type and Lindsay was just have a weak confidence during those loses, while Lindsay won like she schooled her. Also WTA tour championships is a no bearing match, we all know that MAria even pumped her fist during practice.

Lindsay still does it all better shot per shot!!!

Il Primo!
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:28 PM

So laughable :lol: For normal people, leading 4-1=owning :rolleyes:

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
I still would'nt say she owns Lindsay. All Lindsay lost was "anybody can win" match type and Lindsay was just have a weak confidence during those loses, while Lindsay won like she schooled her. Also WTA tour championships is a no bearing match, we all know that MAria even pumped her fist during practice.

Lindsay still does it all better shot per shot!!!
i agree, alot of their matches were really close.

hablo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
I read in french newspaper that she was forced by her family to see her semi-final in video ... and she thinks she should have won this match because she was dominating since the middle of the second said ... she has made an error of strategy in playing "too much"
Sharpie should have had the momentum too during the US Open versus Clijsters after the second set, but didn't win that match either :shrug:
Maybe she underestimates her opponents from time to time, after she wins a set : as in thinking they're going just to crumble and give her the match .... :o

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yes Mauresmo played a better grass court match and deserved to win in the end, Mauresmo's technique is way superior to Maria's which was one of the main reasons why she won, and plus the Lena - Sharapova H2H is very :sad: to me

sharapova is a bad matchup for lena. sorta like how mashona washington/kuznetsova is a bad matchup for maria. not to mention, elena is most likely intimidated/pressured by maria. it doesn't make elena less talented...it's just the rules of tennis.

elena has problems with sharapova but has beaten mauresmo, henin, and clijsters (twice) within a year.

sharapova owns elena, but can't beat mauresmo, henin, and clijsters.

;)

Il Primo!
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM

Did you know Maria had a shoulder injury at the 05 YEC? Did you know Maria was in very bad physical shape during the whole fall?

Why people keep on forgetting the details which change it all? ;)

But I agree, Momo was superior..on THIS match

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
Did you know Maria had a shoulder injury at the 05 YEC? Did you know Maria was in very bad physical shape during the whole fall?

are you her orthopedic surgeon? how do you know she was truly injured? and if she was, then why the hell did she play? she had no gun to her head. if you take the court, the assumption is that you're healthy.

there is no doubt that mauresmo is the better player. just let it go.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
So laughable :lol: For normal people, leading 4-1=owning :rolleyes:

YEAH you are right, for normal people they would just look at the numbers but for real tennis fans, they would look beyond numbers.

6:0 6:0 I wont forget!!

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:37 PM

and the only reason sharapova beat serena at the YEC is because she was injured ;)

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
and the only reason sharapova beat serena at the YEC is because she was injured ;)
um, nope.

Brooklyn90
um, nope.
mmm i think so

No Name Face

i was gonna say it but :tape: :tape:

mauresmofan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
Every players tries to play to their strengths and somedays those strengths are stronger than the opponents and some days they're not. I didn't see the Wimbledon semis but the final hung on only a few points that went Amélies way - other days it could have gone Justines. Amélie lost more than her fair share of Wimbledon semis and it was a big mental hurdle to beat a great grass court player in Sharapova and get to that final. Amélie won Wimbledon because she deserved to - End of story!

Il Primo!

I agree. It's the whole truth. Plus, I prefer Serena than Maria. I was broken hearted :sad: So I can't deny it I will never do that :p

The_Pov
i was gonna say it but :tape: :tape:
And I suppose she was injured at Wimbledon 2004 as well :rolleyes: , and was Lena injured at Indian Wells this year, when Maria gave her a lesson in tennis? :rolleyes:

oakkao
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
henin chocked and mauresmo stepped up!
How did Henin choke? Up a set, and losing a match is NOT choking! :) Mauresmo simply kicked her ass! Had Mauresmo lost that match, she would have been the one who choked :sad:

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
I agree. It's the whole truth. Plus, I prefer Serena than Maria. I was broken hearted :sad: So I can't deny it I will never do that :p
:)

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
How did Henin choke? Up a set, and losing a match is NOT choking! :) Mauresmo simply kicked her ass! Had Mauresmo lost that match, she would have been the one who choked :sad:
i think it was a bit of both, henin started making alot of errors, but maursemo really stepped up.

oakkao
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
And I suppose she was injured at Wimbledon 2004 as well :rolleyes: , and was Lena injured at Indian Wells this year, when Maria gave her a lesson in tennis? :rolleyes:
She wasn't injured at the Nasdaq :bounce: , nor the Australian Open (2005) 3 MPS saved :drool: :lick:

Il Primo!
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:45 PM
are you her orthopedic surgeon? how do you know she was truly injured? and if she was, then why the hell did she play? she had no gun to her head. if you take the court, the assumption is that you're healthy.

there is no doubt that mauresmo is the better player. just let it go.
No need to be a surgeon to see Maria was injured dude ;) You even saw yourself Serena was injured during the final, didn't you?

Plus, her injury happened during the match. She served less and less stronger (as Serena during the 2004 final ;) ) . I'm not the kind of person who hide the truth just for being right, really. But it's a fact. And Mauresmo is not better than Maria on quick surface.

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
mmm i didn't say anything about those matches, clearly serena was injued and should and would have won. But sharapova did win thoes other matches fair and square. So i have no idea where ur going with this.

Uranus
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
I didn't see that match but I read both players didn't play very well.

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
She wasn't injured at the Nasdaq :bounce: , nor the Australian Open (2005) 3 MPS saved :drool: :lick:
:worship: :worship:

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM

no and no.

lena was tired from beating henin before, but no excuses. no need to bring lena into this, if you read, i said shara owns elena. :rolleyes:

Viktymise
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
sharapova is a bad matchup for lena. sorta like how mashona washington/kuznetsova is a bad matchup for maria. not to mention, elena is most likely intimidated/pressured by maria. it doesn't make elena less talented...it's just the rules of tennis.

elena has problems with sharapova but has beaten mauresmo, henin, and clijsters (twice) within a year.

sharapova owns elena, but can't beat mauresmo, henin, and clijsters.

;)
exactly its like with the Serena - Capriati rivalry is very close but Capriati has never beaten Vee and the Vee - Davenport rivalry is really close too but Serena has a bigger edge over Davenport that is tennis, plus the Wimbledon quaters was dissapointing cause Lena didnt show up and she never got to show really how well she plays :sad:

griffin
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:00 PM

Speaking of forgetting - what's the excuse for her loss to Mauresmo in the '04 YEC? :angel:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:03 PM
Speaking of forgetting - what's the excuse for her loss to Mauresmo in the '04 YEC? :angel:

(sorry, couldn't resist)
:lol:

oakkao
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:05 PM

(sorry, couldn't resist)
I have one!! :devil: Mauresmo is simply the better player :shrug: Even when Mauresmo is playing awful, she should still be able to beat Sharapova! :angel: :)

timafi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:11 PM

(sorry, couldn't resist)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

griffin
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Even when Mauresmo is playing awful, she should still be able to beat Sharapova! :angel: :)

Well I wouldn't go THAT far :lol: (not sober anyway :devil: )

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
As far as I know too, Mauresmo still has more titles and more GS!

oakkao
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Well I wouldn't go THAT far :lol: (not sober anyway :devil: )
:devil: LOL. Maybe I did take it a little too far :o But I can't see Sharapova beating Mauresmo :rocker2:

franny
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:18 PM

(sorry, couldn't resist)

We're really gonna bring up a match-up where neither player cared? Sharapova played that match without hardly grunting. She volleyed and drop shotted more than we ever saw her. Quite frankly, she used that match as an energy saver and an as an experimentation. Obviously her experiment didn't work, but I think it ended up quite nicely for her. She didn't have to play Serena in the semifinals, Amelie did. Sharapova went on to win her semifinal match, while Mauresmo lost hers.

I'm not saying Amelie is not the better player, because as of now, I definitely think she is better than Maria. But she's also 26, has 10+ years of experience over Maria, and should know how to play the big points better. All her chokes in the past allowed her to get herself together this year and that's what made the difference. I think that Sharapova has the game Davenport has, and yet Davenport pounces on Mauresmo while Sharapova doesn't. Why is that? Well, I think its a combination of two things. Davenport has the experience to not go AWAL(like Maria does) when she has the momentum and also, Davenport hasn't played the new and improved Mauresmo.

Serge007
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
But I can't see Sharapova beating Mauresmo
He-he. Nice talk. And what you can see? Can you see Venus Williams beating Pironkova or Vaidisova? :-)

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
We're really gonna bring up a match-up where neither player cared? Sharapova played that match without hardly grunting. She volleyed and drop shotted more than we ever saw her. Quite frankly, she used that match as an energy saver and an as an experimentation. Obviously her experiment didn't work, but I think it ended up quite nicely for her. She didn't have to play Serena in the semifinals, Amelie did. Sharapova went on to win her semifinal match, while Mauresmo lost hers.

I'm not saying Amelie is not the better player, because as of now, I definitely think she is better than Maria. But she's also 26, has 10+ years of experience over Maria, and should know how to play the big points better. All her chokes in the past allowed her to get herself together this year and that's what made the difference. I think that Sharapova has the game Davenport has, and yet Davenport pounces on Mauresmo while Sharapova doesn't. Why is that? Well, I think its a combination of two things. Davenport has the experience to not go AWAL(like Maria does) when she has the momentum and also, Davenport hasn't played the new and improved Mauresmo.

Davenport does it all better shot per shot than Maria!

oakkao
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:22 PM
He-he. Nice talk. And what you can see? Can you see Venus Williams beating Pironkova or Vaidisova? :-)
Yes, I can! She has beaten BOTH of them before! Grow the hell up, and stop trying to attack my fave as a form of retaliation :retard: Amelie has the game that troubles Sharapova. She has the slice, top spin, good serve and TREMENDOUS defense! :rolleyes: :ras:

Il Primo!

(sorry, couldn't resist)

:ras: Maria and Momo aren't really focused, it was a kind of gala IMO

But I think Maria would have lost against Momo, she wasn't strong enough. And if Momo had beaten Serena at Wimbly and the YEC in 2004, she would have won these two tournaments IMO. Too bad :p

faboozadoo15
:tape:
oh my

The_Pov
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:23 PM
Hence their one sided (4-1) head to head :lol:

oakkao
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hence their one sided (4-1) head to head :lol:
Defense and Mental toughness :o :lol:

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:25 PM
Indian Wells 6:0 6:0 says it all!!! Right on your faces!!!!!!

msharafan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:26 PM
is that why maria has beaten her 3 times and lindsay only once you know i think if lindsay hadnt have bagelled her maria wouldnt have such a grudge with her and so doesnt get so fired up when she plays her and beats her! lol!

The_Pov
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:27 PM

Yes but Maria has beaten her on 4 separate occasions, and I also believe that if she beat Maria at wimbledon (and she should have) she would be the 2004 champion, but alas Maria decided that was not to be the way.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
is that why maria has beaten her 3 times and lindsay only once you know i think if lindsay hadnt have bagelled her maria wouldnt have such a grudge with her and so doesnt get so fired up when she plays her and beats her! lol!

And Lindsay actually does'nt care.
I could'nt wait till they meet in any majors and see how will Lindsay schooled her again!!

Maria is just a copy!!!! No one beats the originals!

Anna is still the tennis beauty original
Lindsay is still the best striker of the ball in womens tennis
Williams are still the best fighters out there

faboozadoo15
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:32 PM
yep, and then maria has gone on to beat lindsay the last few times they played, AND she won indian wells this year. so that result is getting almost as old as lindsay.

jacobruiz
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:32 PM
I read in a french news paper that she was forced by her family to see her semi-final in video ... and she thinks she should have won this match because she was dominating since the middle of the second said ... she has made an error of strategy in playing "too much"

Personaly I think is amélie who played well and made her play bad with a lot of errors :angel:

:rolleyes: I can't believe NO ONE has even questioned the validity of this statement or asked to see a link to the story that started this thread. So many of you jump at the chance to insult and criticise Maria.

In her interviews after the match she complimented Amelie's play and in no way does she insinuate that she "should have won".

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
yep, and then maria has gone on to beat lindsay the last few times they played, AND she won indian wells this year. so that result is getting almost as old as lindsay.

Vintage and Old, I can accept that.

I hate immitations!!!

The_Pov
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Vintage and Old, I can accept that.

I hate immitations!!!

expecially when their better than the "origionals"

hablo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:40 PM
:rolleyes: I can't believe NO ONE has even questioned the validity of this statement or asked to see a link to the story that started this thread. So many of you jump at the chance to insult and criticise Maria.

In her interviews after the match she complimented Amelie's play and in no way does she insinuate that she "should have won".
I was going to ask for a link but I forgot :tape:

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
expecially when their better than the "origionals"

origionals???

I have never seen an immitation better than an original! I see you're an avid fan of phonies!

Not even the most modern xerox copy machine can beat an original.

The_Pov
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
origionals???

I have never seen an immitation better than an original! I see you're an avid fan of phonies!

Not that Maria is a copy of anyone, she's already earning more than anna ever did, and she's better than Lindsay (4-1 would agree with me)

Il Primo!
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
and she's better than Lindsay (4-1 would agree with me)

HELL TO THE YEAH. Maria is clearly better than Lindsay, it's not even a question

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:48 PM
Not that Maria is a copy of anyone, she's already earning more than anna ever did, and she's better than Lindsay (4-1 would agree with me)

Lindsay has 51 Titles, 98 weeks at number one, 3 GS, 3 or 4 Year ending number ones, Number one in doubles, etc...... should I continue???

Maria could only dream of it now and work her ass out to even achived half of those.

Anna K- Maria is just doing what anna have left. Anna can take it back anytime.

franny
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:53 PM
Omg I am so sorry I brought upon this Lindsay-Maria conversation. Lol, it's definitely not the point of my posts. My point was that Lindsay and Maria has very similar games. And quite frankly, I think off the ground, Maria is just as good as Lindsay. Same with the serve. When I watch them play, it's very evident that both hit the ball pure and cleanly. Both have forehands that can just go off. Which is interesting why Davenport always beats Mauresmo. Geesh, no need to fight over it.

Dawn Marie
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Uhm.. Lindsay has done alot in the tennis world. Masha is ONLY 19 and like she said her best is yet to come. So stop lying saying that Masha's record/game is better then Lindsay's. She still has alot to prove.

Besides it is Lindsay who made it to a slam final last. Not Maria.

Serge007
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
Which is interesting why Davenport always beats Mauresmo.
Compare racquets with which they play: Wilson and Prince O3. The Wilson gives the best control a ball...

The_Pov
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
Lindsay has 51 Titles, 98 weeks at number one, 3 GS, 3 or 4 Year ending number ones, Number one in doubles, etc...... should I continue???

Maria could only dream of it now and work her ass out to even achived half of those.

Anna K- Maria is just doing what anna have left. Anna can take it back anytime.

How many slams had Lindsay won whilst she was 17?
How many YEC's did Lindsay win before 18?
Haw many weeks was Lindsay number 1 as a teen?

griffin
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:09 PM

fwiw, I don't think there's anything wrong with the quote even if it is true - so she watched the match and wishes she'd done some things differently, I'm sure that's a common occurance (I hope it is, I'd like to think these women are smart enough to analyze and learn). I doubt Momo'd have gotten to no. 1 or won Wimby if she hadn't been able to do the same with some of her losses.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:13 PM
How many slams had Lindsay won whilst she was 17?
How many YEC's did Lindsay win before 18?
Haw many weeks was Lindsay number 1 as a teen?

And how many titles would MAria win at her late 20's? Are you sure she would still play and not injured having prematurely train your body at a young age? Everyone blooms at their own phase.

The fact of the matter is, Lindsay did it, done that!!!!

Maria is still not even halfway nor a quarter-way.

The_Pov
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:18 PM
And how many titles would MAria win at her late 20's? Are you sure she would still play and not injured having prematurely train your body at a young age? Everyone blooms at their own phase.

The fact of the matter is, Lindsay did it, done that!!!!

Maria is still not even halfway nor a quarter-way.

Yeah but she's not halfway or quaterway through her career

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah but she's not halfway or quaterway through her career

Then dont claim someone is better by predictions alone.

slydevil6142
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Davenport is a better tennis player than maria with that being said Maria has better foot speed hence her 4-1 edge over davenport, but if davenport is completly on there isnt anything maria (or any other player for that matter) can do to stop her.

alextim
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:28 PM
fwiw, I don't think there's anything wrong with the quote even if it is true - so she watched the match and wishes she'd done some things differently, I'm sure that's a common occurance (I hope it is, I'd like to think these women are smart enough to analyze and learn). I doubt Momo'd have gotten to no. 1 or won Wimby if she hadn't been able to do the same with some of her losses.

thanks ... it was in the "first sport newspaper" in france today! its just an analysis, we can be agree or disagree with her ... but I don't see where it's the problem

jacobruiz
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:50 PM

I didn't say anything was wrong with it. I was asking why no one bothered to find out whether the stuff in the first post was true or not. Such as " Maria's family FORCED her to watch the match on video." Any other time, with other players, half the posts would ask for a link to the story.

griffin
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
I didn't say anything was wrong with it. I was asking why no one bothered to find out whether the stuff in the first post was true or not. Such as " Maria's family FORCED her to watch the match on video." Any other time, with other players, half the posts would ask for a link to the story.

Ah - see, since the statement didn't seem inflamatory, or like someone was trying to make her look bad (or, conversely, make her look overly saintly), I didn't see the point of fabricating it, or then questioning it. And "forced" might be a bit strong, but I don't think English is the thread starter's first language.

Stamp Paid
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:01 PM

LOL!!

Davenport fans are hilarious.

Stamp Paid
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
And Lindsay actually does'nt care.
I could'nt wait till they meet in any majors and see how will Lindsay schooled her again!!

Maria is just a copy!!!! No one beats the originals!

:spit:

Stamp Paid
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
origionals???

:sobbing:

This is too good! :haha:

Dasha_
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:11 PM

That was a great match! I loved the score almost as much as I loved Sharapova's face when she was leaving the court after semi at Wimby last year! Although, it wasn't bad this year also! Or last year at AO! I just realised - she lost in the semies atythe same Grand Slam tournaments Lindsay played the finals! But, it doesn't mean anything......

anlavalle
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Amelie choke a bit in the second if not it could be a victory in straigth sets

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:45 AM
you're going to lose at some point. sure i bet she feels regretful, but it's going to happen more than once in your career. amelie simply outplayed her, respect to the both of them.

WIMBLY2004
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:56 AM

That was a great match! I loved the score almost as much as I loved Sharapova's face when she was leaving the court after semi at Wimby last year! Although, it wasn't bad this year also! Or last year at AO! I just realised - she lost in the semies atythe same Grand Slam tournaments Lindsay played the finals! But, it doesn't mean anything......

Watched a lot of Maria's matches, haven't you? That's what makes Maria a star, even people who claim disliking her pay full attention to her :lol: