PDA

View Full Version : Times you've been mistook for a player or celebrity at a tournament!

"Sluggy"
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Kids always are asking for my autograph at RG. I have the build for tennis and damn, i sure dress nice, so no strange wonder. I said hi to jankko one time and he thought i was a player. So yeah, it happens to me sometimes. How about you?

V-MAC
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Kids always are asking for my autograph at RG. I have the build for tennis and damn, i sure dress nice, so no strange wonder. I said hi to jankko one time and he thought i was a player. So yeah, it happens to me sometimes. How about you?

any player in particular you get mistaken for? :shrug:

Libertango
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
This has happened to you alot?! :scratch:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:03 PM
Lmfao.

forever_rafter
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:33 PM
Never but I'm sure that if I brought a tennis raquet to USO I would be asked for a number of autographs. I love little kids who run after the players asking "are you famous"?

"Sluggy"
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
any player in particular you get mistaken for? :shrug:

Not really, I guess i just have a player-like presence about me. :lol:

"Sluggy"
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Never but I'm sure that if I brought a tennis raquet to USO I would be asked for a number of autographs. I love little kids who run after the players asking "are you famous"?

Yeah, it's like that. I have an autograph book of photos, pretty original. So the kids see me and believe i am a player or something. They'd ask just about anyone. I have been mistaken for a French actor though.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM
I have had people look at me as if I was part of the entourage :lol:

CooCooCachoo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM
Oh and Dominique van Boekel actually thought I worked for a press agency :lol:

Caz
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
No, no-one's ever mistaken me for someone famous, but I do often have random strangers coming up to me and saying hello and telling they recognise me from other tournaments, or the tournament the year before, or whatever.

TS
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
All the time.

"Sluggy"
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
I have had people look at me as if I was part of the entourage :lol:

Camille Pin though I was her Boyfriend (who is Arnaud Clément) - I mean in my dreams. :lol:

If you are over 30 and male and you say hello to a player or her father or something and are dressed sharply, they usually think you (in this case I) are associated with the wta or are a photographer or something of that nature. :lol: