PDA

View Full Version : Shark Petting?!?!?!?!?!?! You GOTTA be FREAK'N kidding me!!

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:46 AM
Sometimes people defy ...

I can't even imagine....

I don't even know how to define this craziness...? :scratch:

http://www.fresh99.com/images/sharkpetting/aai3.JPG
http://www.fresh99.com/images/sharkpetting/Deep_Blue_Sea_(1999)_4.jpg
http://www.fresh99.com/images/sharkpetting/aai2.JPG
http://www.fresh99.com/images/sharkpetting/aai1.JPG

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:50 AM
why do you have a picture from the film Deep Blue See in there?

"Sluggy"
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:52 AM
that is some sick shit, i dont mess around with dangerous animals. which reminds me, i've seen several foolhearty people stick thier fingers in a bluefish's mouth, those things can hurt you bad.

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:59 AM
why do you have a picture from the film Deep Blue See in there?The second one, right? I thought it looked a bit staged. :o Thanks for confirming my suspicions though. :)

But hey, I just copied and pasted. :lol:

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
that is some sick shit, i dont mess around with dangerous animals. which reminds me, i've seen several foolhearty people stick thier fingers in a bluefish's mouth, those things can hurt you bad.Id it that they have strong jaws? Or do they have teeth?

I think people just get bored and decide to risk their lives [or a limb] for that unique rush. *shakes head*

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:13 AM
The second one, right? I thought it looked a bit staged. :o Thanks for confirming my suspicions though. :)

But hey, I just copied and pasted. :lol:

lol, yeah the 2nd one ;)

The guy in the other pics is mad!!! I wonder if his arm has been bitten off yet?

CondiLicious
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:36 AM
The Australian shark expert Valerie Taylor hand fed a Great White and was petting it and it didn't seem at all that it was going to bite her... and she *almost* got into the water with it and swam with it because she didn't think it would be aggressive. It was on a National Geographic special I think.

rebel_ffighter
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
why do you have a picture from the film Deep Blue See in there?

I noticed that too

Kunal
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM
hmmmmm...dinner is served

Ellery
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
:unsure:

meyerpl
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Men have an innate tendency to do crazy things and take wild chances. That's why men defy common sense by engaging in reckless behaviors like petting sharks, jumping motorcycles over burning cars and buying engagement rings.

Wigglytuff
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:47 PM

I can't even imagine....

notice if you will the racial background of the people doing the shark petting... i tell you one group of people you will NEVER see petting sharks... :lol: :lol: :help:

Mrs. Peel
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
notice if you will the racial background of the people doing the shark petting... i tell you one group of people you will NEVER see petting sharks... :lol: :lol: :help:

:lol: :lol: So true!!!! :tape:

That is one big ass shark! It would be time to go home if one of those mofos jumped up on the side of the boat. I was in the gym yesterday working out on the stationary bikes (that have individual flat screen tvs attached) and the guy next to me was watching some Shark show on the Discory Channel and it showed some photog who was in the water with the sharks getting part of his leg bit off. We were both like, why on earth do people insist on going in the water and prancing around with these creatures that will not hesitate to EAT YOU! :help:

Black Mamba.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:53 PM
when you play with fire you're going to get burned. I won't feel sorry for anyone that does that and comes back one arm lighter.

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
notice if you will the racial background of the people doing the shark petting... i tell you one group of people you will NEVER see petting sharks... :lol: :lol: :help::spit: :haha: Okay?!
As it is, I'm having seconds thoughts about mountain climbing. I'm trying to justify in my own mind why in the world do I want to take my Black azz up a mountain that I could fall off of and never be heard from again. :haha:
I mean, there's nothing up there for me. :shrug: :)

Wigglytuff
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
:spit: :haha: Okay?!
As it is, I'm having seconds thoughts about mountain climbing. I'm trying to justify in my own mind why in the world do I want to take my Black azz up a mountain that I could fall off of and never be heard from again. :haha:
I mean, there's nothing up there for me. :shrug: :)
:lol: :lol:

i dont know! but good luck up there and let us know when you leave... :)

seriously though, do these people not see how many teeth are in there? :toothy: :toothy: :toothy:

decemberlove
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
I want to pet a Great White. I'd hold it's nose, too.

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:16 PM
:lol: :lol:

i dont know! but good luck up there and let us know when you leave... :)

seriously though, do these people not see how many teeth are in there? :toothy: :toothy: :toothy::lol: Will do! Oh, and I'm not a religious man, but I wouldn't mind a prayer or two. :wavey:

Incidentally, my climbing partner suddenly changed our first climbing location to Oregon. Is there something that I should know about Oregon, like say...ummmm...sudden disapperanaces...of Black people?http://deephousepage.com/smilies/eye_anim.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/eye_anim.gif

Wiggly
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:19 PM
Touching a shark? Not for me :tape: If I would be in a boat and I would see a shark, I would heading the port in a minute. Not "playing" with it :tape:

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:21 PM
I want to pet a Great White. I'd hold it's nose, too.I've always wondered what I'd feel like to get stung by a Man-O-War Jellyfish, or go head-to-head with a Killer Whale. But ya know what?
...I kinda wanna live. :lol:

Wigglytuff
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:25 PM
RVD

look at this cutie!!

http://www.crossingwallstreet.com/archives/Awwww.jpg

now this cute little bugger is going to grow up to feed on bamboo...

now do i want to pet, even this?

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
why?? look at those fucking claws!!! and thats only a baby!

look at how SHARP the claws on the adult are...
http://www.nova.edu/~azaiza/Panda.jpeg.jpg
if i wont pet this cutie,

why in the world would i pet this monster:
http://www.poc.it/stories/desktop/immagini/shark.jpg

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Touching a shark? Not for me :tape: If I would be in a boat and I would see a shark, I would heading the port in a minute. Not "playing" with it :tape:When I was much younger, my dad and I would go to 7th Street Pier and fish for sharks. Not many people are aware of the number of sharks [nor the sheer size of some] swimming in the Bay waters.
Anyway, we'd catch 'em and lay 'em to the side. And do you know that several hours later when you go to 'process' /em, they are still snapping at you.
Soooo, fresh, live, Great White, in the boat or in water, I would not even go near. :scared: I'm brave, but I ain't stupid. :lol:

Wigglytuff
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
:lol: Will do! Oh, and I'm not a religious man, but I wouldn't mind a prayer or two. :wavey:

Incidentally, my climbing partner suddenly changed our first climbing location to Oregon. Is there something that I should know about Oregon, like say...ummmm...sudden disapperanaces...of Black people?http://deephousepage.com/smilies/eye_anim.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/eye_anim.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol: :help:

i will pray for you... you are going to need it.

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM
RVD

look at this cutie!!

http://www.crossingwallstreet.com/archives/Awwww.jpg

now this cute little bugger is going to grow up to feed on bamboo...

now do i want to pet, even this?

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
why?? look at those fucking claws!!! and thats only a baby!

look at how SHARP the claws on the adult are...
http://www.nova.edu/~azaiza/Panda.jpeg.jpg
if i wont pet this cutie,

why in the world would i pet this monster:
http://www.poc.it/stories/desktop/immagini/shark.jpg:haha: :worship:
Seriously though.
Iíve seen seasoned animal experts run from little bitty Koala Bears. And all they have is those cute bugged-eyes. These things are teeth with fish meat wrapped around Ďem.
What are these people thinking?!

mandy7
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM
oh i wanna hug the panda
why?
1: it's cute
2: i like danger :D

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :help:

i will pray for you... you are going to need it. :lol: :angel:

Wigglytuff
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:41 PM
:haha: :worship:
Seriously though.
Iíve seen seasoned animal experts run from little bitty Koala Bears. And all they have is those cute bugged-eyes. These things are teeth with fish meat wrapped around Ďem.
What are these people thinking?!
:lol: :lol: i think from now on i will no longer speak of "sharks" but only of "Teeth with meat wrapped around them"

for example:

Teeth with meat wrapped around them have keen olfactory senses, with some species able to detect as little as one part per million of blood in seawater. They are even more attracted to the chemicals found in the gut of many species, and often linger near or in sewage outfalls. Some species, such as nurse Teeth with meat wrapped around them, have external barbels that greatly increase their ability to sense prey. The short duct between the anterior and posterior nasal openings are not fused like in bony fish.

Teeth with meat wrapped around them eyes are similar to the eyes of other vertebrates, including similar lenses, corneas and retinas, though their eyesight is well adapted to their marine environment with the help of a tissue called tapetum lucidum. This tissue is behind the retina and reflects light back to the retina, thereby increasing visibility in the dark waters. The effectiveness of the tissue varies, with some Teeth having stronger nocturnal adaptations. Teeth with meat wrapped around them have eyelids, but they do not blink because the surrounding water cleans their eyes. To protect their eyes some have nictitating membranes. This membrane covers the eyes during predation, and when it is being attacked. However, some species, including the great white Teeth with meat wrapped around it, Carcharodon carcharias do not have this membrane, but instead roll their eyes backwards to protect them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dawn Marie
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Stupid man. Man is one arrogant species. They think they can go in some waters and conquer all. Okay whatever you sick fools!!! I am more for the shark in this petting fiasco then I am for the people. The sharks are in their natural habitat. I hope all people who pet sharks get a limb taking off.

GO SHARKS EAT THEM ALL UP. KILL EM! GET EM! 1 less idiot on the planet.

fnuf7
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Oh.my.good.lord. :eek: :eek: :scared:

I didn't realise there were going to be pictures in here...I just assumed it would be a text with a link to pics, went and opened up the thread and there's all sorts of horrid shark pics I actually threw my laptop off my lap onto the floor from shock! :scared: Luckily the laptop still works though :)

What on earth are these people thinking?! :scratch: I haven't looked at all the pics but this seems like the most insane thing ever :scared: There is literally nothing on this earth that could make me do shark-petting, I'd actually rather be shot dead than go anywhere near anything even remotely like this...I can't even bring myself to look at the other pictures so can't even imagine how crazy it must be to get that close to those beasts! :eek: :scared: Still even though they're terrifying, they are amazingly intriguing creatures, I'll just steer clear of them though methinks! ;)

Becool
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:19 PM
I wouldnt even pet Pandas.. they're dangerous too!

SelesFan70
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Hey, ReeVee..when you climb that mountain...if you see a burning bush and it starts to speak to you...RUN! :bolt:

Wigglytuff
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Oh.my.good.lord. :eek: :eek: :scared:

I didn't realise there were going to be pictures in here...I just assumed it would be a text with a link to pics, went and opened up the thread and there's all sorts of horrid shark pics I actually threw my laptop off my lap onto the floor from shock! :scared: Luckily the laptop still works though :)

What on earth are these people thinking?! :scratch: I haven't looked at all the pics but this seems like the most insane thing ever :scared: There is literally nothing on this earth that could make me do shark-petting, I'd actually rather be shot dead than go anywhere near anything even remotely like this...I can't even bring myself to look at the other pictures so can't even imagine how crazy it must be to get that close to those beasts! :eek: :scared: Still even though they're terrifying, they are amazingly intriguing creatures, I'll just steer clear of them though methinks! ;)

exactly!!

though the same thing happened to me (dropped laptop) when i clicked on a link about some metal music being played backwards to reveal demonic messages. i had no idea what the link was when i clicked it... and it started playing right away and with the most disturbing images. i was too scared to do anything on the net for DAYS :sad: :sad: :sad: :help:

LoveFifteen
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Didn't Justine do this when she went to South Africa? Or maybe she just planned to do it?

Please, Juju, go back to South Africa and try it again! :devil:

ALLEZ!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
The Australian shark expert Valerie Taylor hand fed a Great White and was petting it and it didn't seem at all that it was going to bite her... and she *almost* got into the water with it and swam with it because she didn't think it would be aggressive. It was on a National Geographic special I think.

Is she dead yet?

RVD
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:35 PM
:lol: :lol: i think from now on i will no longer speak of "sharks" but only of "Teeth with meat wrapped around them"

for example:

Teeth with meat wrapped around them have keen olfactory senses, with some species able to detect as little as one part per million of blood in seawater. They are even more attracted to the chemicals found in the gut of many species, and often linger near or in sewage outfalls. Some species, such as nurse Teeth with meat wrapped around them, have external barbels that greatly increase their ability to sense prey. The short duct between the anterior and posterior nasal openings are not fused like in bony fish.

Teeth with meat wrapped around them eyes are similar to the eyes of other vertebrates, including similar lenses, corneas and retinas, though their eyesight is well adapted to their marine environment with the help of a tissue called tapetum lucidum. This tissue is behind the retina and reflects light back to the retina, thereby increasing visibility in the dark waters. The effectiveness of the tissue varies, with some Teeth having stronger nocturnal adaptations. Teeth with meat wrapped around them have eyelids, but they do not blink because the surrounding water cleans their eyes. To protect their eyes some have nictitating membranes. This membrane covers the eyes during predation, and when it is being attacked. However, some species, including the great white Teeth with meat wrapped around it, Carcharodon carcharias do not have this membrane, but instead roll their eyes backwards to protect them.

:lol: :lol: :lol::haha: Now that's a fine and accurate description! :lol: :yeah: :yeah:

IceHock
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Apparently those people have never watched jaws.I would never go near a shark.

Pureracket
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Well, ya'll have to admit that the one in the third pic does look kinda adorable.

CondiLicious
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Is she dead yet?

No :lol: She and her husband were actually the people that invented those chain suits that many shark divers wear so that they can swim with small to medium sized sharks and not get their limbs ripped off.

RVD
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Hey, ReeVee..when you climb that mountain...if you see a burning bush and it starts to speak to you...RUN! :bolt:If I see a burning bush, we gonna have a serious sit-down. :lol:

RVD
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Didn't Justine do this when she went to South Africa? Or maybe she just planned to do it?

Please, Juju, go back to South Africa and try it again! :devil:

ALLEZ!:haha: :haha:

RVD
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:04 AM
No :lol: She and her husband were actually the people that invented those chain suits that many shark divers wear so that they can swim with small to medium sized sharks and not get their limbs ripped off.Ssssshhhhheeeed...! I understand that the teeth are only half the problem. Isn't it the nature of the shark to use rip,tear, and thrashing motions when feeding? So if you eliminate the teeth [ripping and tearing] from the equation, you'll still ahve to contend with the tugging and thrashing. My friend, you'll still lose an arm or leg from the sheer force of the tug and thrashing. :scared:

Which reminds me...

Has anyone seen that SPRITE commercial where these guys are riding a huge shark as if it's a bull? :haha: :haha:

Alenyaa
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Everybody in this world has a fascination for something, you know. Some people, like myself, are fascinated by sharks.

I think they are intriguing creatures. They're one of the oldest beings on this planet, yet the most advanced predator this world has ever seen. Its admirers just want to see one of natures elite in real life, experience what it is like to be in their proximity.

The outside world just portraits the shark as this devilish creature that eats anything on it's path. Luckily there are people that know better.

harloo
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Everybody in this world has a fascination for something, you know. Some people, like myself, are fascinated by sharks.

I think they are intriguing creatures. They're one of the oldest beings on this planet, yet the most advanced predator this world has ever seen. Its admirers just want to see one of natures elite in real life, experience what it is like to be in their proximity.

The outside world just portraits the shark as this devilish creature that eats anything on it's path. Luckily there are people that know better.

Did you see Open Water? Can you imagine being left in the middle of the ocean clawing for your life? It felt like I was in the water with them watching those sharks circle around the couple.

Some things should be admired from afar. When I get a jones to see a shark I take my ass straight to Universal Studios. ;) :D

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:10 PM

ASS!!!

you might be interested in them, but you dont seem to know much about them... they DO eat any meal of size, that is the roll they play within their ecosystem. it doesnt take 2 minutes in a shark docu. or 2 paragraphs in a book about them to uncover that. :wavey:

no one said anything about satan or devil besides you!!

RVD
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM

The outside world just portraits the shark as this devilish creature that eats anything on it's path. Luckily there are people that know better.Ummm...maybe you didn't see the pictures. :scratch: I'll repost...
http://www.fresh99.com/images/sharkpetting/aai1.JPG[/QUOTE]

I guarentee you that the fisrt shark ain't rolling over on it's belly so that the 'boner' petting him can reach it. Naw, my friend. That shark is after finger food. Or in this case, 'arm' food. :lol:

That second pic is an excellent illustration as to why I referred to this beast as TEETH WITH FISH MEAT WRAPPED AROUND IT. I mean just look at the size of that toothy grin. Incidentally, sharks do not smile because...welll...they're too busy EATING YOU!! :lol:

In that third picture, I'm thinking that this guy's head is the 'special-of-the-day' in the Shark Menu. :lol:

IceHock
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Did you see Open Water? Can you imagine being left in the middle of the ocean clawing for your life? It felt like I was in the water with them watching those sharks circle around the couple.

Some things should be admired from afar. When I get a jones to see a shark I take my ass straight to Universal Studios. ;) :D

I don't know how those 2 people could do it.Those sharks would make me so frigin scared,especially at night when you feel something rub up against you.

Back on topic,I watched discovery channel last night because it is shark week.The shark scientists if that's what you call them said when sharks are hungry they go after anything but it's mainly the human's fault if their bitten because they are in the wrong part of the water,wrong time of day,or have something that attracts the shark.It's more of us messing with their environment,but humans and sharks have to coexist.

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I don't know how those 2 people could do it.Those sharks would make me so frigin scared,especially at night when you feel something rub up against you.

Back on topic,I watched discovery channel last night because it is shark week.The shark scientists if that's what you call them said when sharks are hungry they go after anything but it's mainly the human's fault if their bitten because they are in the wrong part of the water,wrong time of day,or have something that attracts the shark.It's more of us messing with their environment,but humans and sharks have to coexist.

that is all some of us are thing to say. when they are hungry they will go after near anything. thats all.

Wigglytuff
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Ummm...maybe you didn't see the pictures. :scratch: I'll repost...

I guarentee you that the fisrt shark ain't rolling over on it's belly so that the 'boner' petting him can reach it. Naw, my friend. That shark is after finger food. Or in this case, 'arm' food. :lol:

That second pic is an excellent illustration as to why I referred to this beast as TEETH WITH FISH MEAT WRAPPED AROUND IT. I mean just look at the size of that toothy grin. Incidentally, sharks do not smile because...welll...they're too busy EATING YOU!! :lol:

In that third picture, I'm thinking that this guy's head is the 'special-of-the-day' in the Shark Menu. :lol:

"arm" food
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IceHock
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Oh and if any of you guys are ever in the ocean and you get bumped by something,hurry the frig out of the water because it's most likely a bull shark,the leading cause of deaths.They size up their prey by bumping them.

fnuf7
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Oh and if any of you guys are ever in the ocean and you get bumped by something,hurry the frig out of the water because it's most likely a bull shark,the leading cause of deaths.They size up their prey by bumping them.

Quite a lot of the 'big' sharks do that I think, I seem to remember hearing/reading somewhere that some (maybe all... :scratch: ) have tastebuds on their skin so they bump something to give it a bit of a taster and then decide whether to go in for an actual bite :scared:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Like everyone else, I like watching sharks but who in their right mind would want to interact with them. There are so many ways of dying. This is one way you can avoid by not doing.

gentenaire
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Darwin Awards, anyone?

Jakeev
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:54 AM

I can't even imagine....

The one thing I want to do in my life is get in shark cage and see one of those monsters up close.

I don't per say have a fear of sharks or a death sentance, but it's the one dangerous thing I can say I want to do.

I would probably have a heart attack in the cage when if one got close but what a magnificent beast to get to see

skanky~skanketta
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:48 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/06/28/shark4_gallery__417x550.jpg

not petting, but this pic freaked me out.

skanky~skanketta
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:49 AM
The one thing I want to do in my life is get in shark cage and see one of those monsters up close.

I don't per say have a fear of sharks or a death sentance, but it's the one dangerous thing I can say I want to do.

I would probably have a heart attack in the cage when if one got close but what a magnificent beast to get to seei'd rather bungee jump. and i want to.

skanky~skanketta
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:57 AM
blank