PDA

View Full Version : I'm moved by Bepa Zvonareva!

Modiac.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:19 AM
This pic is taken while Shuai suffered from heat illness,and she laid on the court.At that time,Bepa took an ice bag to help Shuai to lower her body temperature.

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-08/3_3542268_1.jpg

Bepa :hug:, what a kind girl!

Highlandman
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:26 AM
Very nice of her :hearts: :worship:

space_gracie
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:51 AM
I'm loving Vera more and more each day... :)

Grohl
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:55 AM
she's sweet!

Uranus
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:57 AM
Vera :kiss:

KClijsters
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
Vera, that's really nice ! :hug:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
shes definitely changed imo and is much nicer

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:05 AM
Yep, that's nice but almost every player does that. I remember last match between Ferrer and Acasuso, when Acususo was lying on the court in the 5th set, Ferrer immedietaly went for some ice.

so.krist!na
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:20 AM
Such a good girl,Vera :hug:

new-york
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:23 AM
nice pic.

So Disrespectful
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:37 AM
Yep, that's nice but almost every player does that. I remember last match between Ferrer and Acasuso, when Acususo was lying on the court in the 5th set, Ferrer immedietaly went for some ice.

That's because Davey is also sweet :drool:

Hachiko
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:39 AM
That's so sweet of her. :yeah:

Martian Stacey
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:43 AM
Wow, thats really sweet of her to do that :)

SloKid
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
Bepa :awww:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:07 AM
awww!

-sugi-
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:10 AM
:awww: Vera

Williams-forever
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:28 AM
Surprisingly Vera's such a sweet girl...Ive heard that from a guy who met her :D :kiss:

Kunal
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:49 AM
to increase the fan base

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
:bs: at the vera bandwagoners.

but yes, vera is amazing.

tenn_ace
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Vera :hug:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM
:worship: Bepa :worship:

mandy7
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
She's ALWAYS been nice

CooCooCachoo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
:awww: Vera! That is really sweet :awww:

PatrickRyan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
that's nice of her!

Pasta-Na
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:54 PM
thats the reason why shuai had to retire for vera :angel:

tobi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
Bepa :hug: :)

olivia100
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Well, isn't that what any normal human being would do...help out a person in need.

Ellery
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
Vera :hug:

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
Well, isn't that what any normal human being would do...help out a person in need.

tell that to sharapova in miami vs. tati.

olivia100
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM

Oh yea I thought about that too. Like i said any normal human being.

Pasta-Na
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:30 PM
:haha:

Andrew..
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:35 PM
I was at the match, and Bepa stayed with Shuai until they took her off court. She and Tu were assisting the trainer in applying ice and rubbing down Shuai. It was nice to see everyone working to help Shuai.

Ellery
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Vera and Meilen :hug:

Dexter
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Nice of Bepa. :)
tell that to sharapova in miami vs. tati.pwn'd!

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
I was at the match, and Bepa stayed with Shuai until they took her off court. She and Tu were assisting the trainer in applying ice and rubbing down Shuai. It was nice to see everyone working to help Shuai.

:)

vera is so awesome. it's hard not to cheer for her. all these bandwagon fans are highly annoying though. i hope she defeats sharapova.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Why are some people feels like they own Vera fan base?

crazillo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
It's really sweet, yes, but I hope that most of the other players would act similair to Vera...

tterb
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
vera is so awesome. it's hard not to cheer for her. all these bandwagon fans are highly annoying though. i hope she defeats sharapova.
Word. Vera has always been a good person and a big talent. I'm glad that people are now seeming to recognize that, but no fairweather fans, please. :)

Vera :hearts:

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Why are some people feels like they own Vera fan base?

i'm assuming this is intended for me, so i'll just say that i'm not, but i'm calling it the way i see it.

this always happens. when tati had that performance against sharapova, the bandwagon was about to break from all the fake fans. now that she's slumping again, i don't read about her much. it's annoying to real fans. when bepa was slumping, you would hear that "she's done," "how did she ever get into the top 10," "she's so psychotic," --- i even dubbed her my 'little psycho' to mock the haters. now some of those same people are kissing her ass. what a concept.

tenn_ace
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:24 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen Epigon in this thread yet, her biggest fan...

oakkao
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:25 PM
Sharapova would have been fist pumping :tape:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:29 PM
:)

Dennis I don't think people are jumping her bandwagon :shrug: they're just appreciating this generous and humanitarian deed she performed. I'm not jumping on her bandwagone but I will say-

Bepa :awww: :hug:
Meilen :hearts: :hug:

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Dennis I don't think people are jumping her bandwagon :shrug: they're just appreciating this generous and humanitarian deed she performed. I'm not jumping on her bandwagone but I will say-

exactly!!

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:32 PM

it's not just this.

Grohl
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
i was thinking about that too

Vass22
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
Surprisingly Vera's such a sweet girl...Ive heard that from a guy who met her :D :kiss:

She's one of the best. :) When i met her in Dubai i found it extremely easy to approach her. Her coach is also extremely nice.

A'DAM
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:49 PM
She was always a nice girl!
The problem was she was to tough on herself!!!

I think the bad times are over for good and she will be back in top 20 soon!!!

.ivy.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:08 PM
A great thing to do. :) :yeah:

SloKid
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
The lack of Sharapova fans in this thread is intriguing. :devil:

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:13 PM

bepa could easily be top 10, esp with the tour in the shape it's in now.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:51 PM

:awww: I always knew there was a reason I liked Vera, besides her tennis and the drama surrounding it.
It's nice that someone you're playing against can turn on a dime and help you. That's sportsmanship.
I hope Shuai feels better soon, heat illness sucks.

lilimi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:58 PM

;) exactly!i totally agree with you!

tenn_ace
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:06 PM
The lack of Sharapova fans in this thread is intriguing. :devil:

I'm Masha's fan, but I was one of the few ones who was angry at her and embarassed for her behaviour in that match. :o

Freakan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
WOW! :D
Not many players would do that :yeah:

UDACHi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
what they didn't catch on camera was vera then lifted peng off her feet and beat her down with the ice bag. :eek:

Ksenia.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
So nice.. ;)

Becool
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Other players have done that....

Modiac.
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I think Shuai and Bepa may became friends after that. :)

PLP
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:31 AM
what they didn't catch on camera was vera then lifted peng off her feet and beat her down with the ice bag. :eek:
:haha:
She is mighty aggressive!

ewbangkok
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Bepa!!

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:06 AM
:worship:

Derek.
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:55 AM

:lol:

Josh.
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:05 AM
nawww!! bepa!! hope peng is ok :scared:

switz
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Zvonareva has always come off to me as very nice girl. She simply couldn't control her emotions but i never really remember anything nasty from her towards another player.

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Aww Vera :awww: :hug:

slk45
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:00 AM
what they didn't catch on camera was vera then lifted peng off her feet and beat her down with the ice bag. :eek: Nasty!! :o :lol:

She's ALWAYS been niceVera is a ferocious competitor on court, who always gives it 120%. And as Mandy said, Vera has always been nice off the court (and in this situation too, tho technically she's on the court). She's a very sweet girl. :hug: I first met her 2 years ago at the Acura. I've seen her 4 times since, and she's always friendly.

Sharapova would have been fist pumping :tape: I don't think that's a fair statement, even for a joke. I don't think Sharapova saw how Golovin fell and I don't think she had any idea at first how badly she had twisted her ankle.

In any event, Vera is among the top ranks of genuinely nice players.

Pasta-Na
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I think Shuai and Bepa may became friends after that. :)

maybe become lovers :angel:

Leo_DFP
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Awww, how kind of Vera. She's definitely matured. I would love to see her keep rising back to the Top 10.

moby
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:38 PM
And if Vera hadn't done that, she'll probably be crucified on this board.
Let me just have a laugh.

spencercarlos
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
This pic is taken while Shuai suffered from heat illness,and she laid on the court.At that time,Bepa took an ice bag to help Shuai to lower her body temperature.

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-08/3_3542268_1.jpg

Bepa :hug:, what a kind girl!
This reminds me of Sharapova when Golovin injured herself in Miami :lol:

;) Bepa :kiss:

spencercarlos
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Nasty!! :o :lol:

Vera is a ferocious competitor on court, who always gives it 120%. And as Mandy said, Vera has always been nice off the court (and in this situation too, tho technically she's on the court). She's a very sweet girl. :hug: I first met her 2 years ago at the Acura. I've seen her 4 times since, and she's always friendly.

I don't think that's a fair statement, even for a joke. I don't think Sharapova saw how Golovin fell and I don't think she had any idea at first how badly she had twisted her ankle.

In any event, Vera is among the top ranks of genuinely nice players.
Sharapova has no excuses, you see your oponnent grimacing and down on the court, and the last thing a human being could do is to turn her back like nothing is happening.

Pasta-Na
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Sharapova has no excuses, you see your oponnent grimacing and down on the court, and the last thing a human being could do is to turn her back like nothing is happening.

but she earnt around US$ 24 million last year :yawn:

New
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Nice!:worship: :D

maryc
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I was there as well. She not only took the bag over to the other side,
but she sprinted over to the other side with the bag. If this
was fake kindness, she's an Academy Award winner.

I was very impressed (plus I was cheering for Vera.)

Mary

dizoo
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:58 AM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: Vera :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Epigone
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I'm surprised I haven't seen Epigon in this thread yet, her biggest fan...:awww: Here I am :wavey:

I was at the beach for a few days :o and couldn't follow her match vs Masha :bigcry:

Bepa :hug: :angel:

Dennis^^
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Actually it's ridiculous that we're praising Vera for this. This should be normal. But it isn't, unfortunately. It is sweet, though. ;)

squig2k
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:39 PM
amazing :)

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:50 PM

she's not the 1st or the last to do that.

Raymond at Wimbledon was the same when Shvedova was lying on the ground for 10 mins, she couldnt be bothered, and only when they carried her onto a chair did she come over, then she was off like a flash when she knew she "won":rolleyes: .