PDA

View Full Version : Lily Allen brands Madonna 'over-rated'

!Gio!
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
02 August 2006
Lily Allen brands Madonna 'over-rated'
Singer Lily Allen has branded Madonna "the most over-rated person in pop history" during a recent interview.

The 21-year-old singer made the comments during an interview with GQ magazine, saying: "I haven't got anything against her at all but I don't think anything she's done since the early Eighties has really been, like, 'wow'."

"She might have meant something once but I don't know many people my age who care."

When asked if she would ever date a footballer, Allen said: "I can't rule it out, if there was one who was less idiotic than the rest, and I fancied him. But let's face it, they don't really come across as that intelligent, do they, in the post-match interviews?"

I dont like her I think she is just trying to hard t be something she is not, trying to get in the tabloids, seems bitchy to me, havent heard her music? :confused:

why is she talking about Madonna :rolleyes:
she wont achieve half the stuff Madonna has.
Even if Madonna is not my favorite I just think this girls :mad: comments suck

Libertango
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
Pot.Kettle.Black.

northern lad
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
who is this lily allen? :confused:

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
God I hate this girl :smash: One hit single and she's slagging off Robbie Williams and Madonna...

She can't even sing :rolleyes:

mirzalover
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
people her age well she must have never went to a concert were theirs plenty of people her age and younger who love madonna.

mirzalover
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:52 PM
i like her song smile but the rest of her album suck ass and she cant sing what so ever

miffedmax
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:52 PM
Frankly, I never thought all that much of Madonna.

Crazy Canuck
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Who?

'nuff said.

alfonsojose
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:05 PM
"Who's that girl" ;)

Craigy
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
:haha: I really like her

CondiLicious
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:07 PM
um... yeah... I'm thinking "who?" as well! It's so easy to talk trash about Madonna but what's the fucking point? She's THE biggest female pop icon and she will be for many, many years to come. Saying shit about her won't change that... it'll just make you out (if you're an upcoming "star") to be a silly wannabe trying to get 5 minutes more fame by feeding off Madonna's name.

égalité
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:23 PM
This is like Anastassia Rodionova calling Steffi Graf overrated or something.

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
This is like Anastassia Rodionova calling Steffi Graf overrated or something.

:lol: Perfect comparison!

skanky~skanketta
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
This is like Anastassia Rodionova calling Steffi Graf overrated or something.:lol:

true.

and who's lily allen? seriously, never heard of her :tape:

hablo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:19 AM
:spit: Who is this girl anyway ? :tape:

Perfection
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:23 AM
I agree with her, Madonna has had some amazing songs, but her albums are very overrated.. they have alot of fillers. Kylie, on the other hand, has top notch songs on all of her albums and much better songs.

Plus, Kylie loves her fans, while Madonna pisses in her fans' faces.

Take a hike, Madonna!

so.krist!na
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:25 AM
:rolleyes:Over-rated?...i'm not a fan of Madonna,i'm not a fan of Lily Allen.But Has Lily got a big achievement like Madonna?

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:27 AM
Lily Allen is a coke snorting whore.

I don't like either of them, but at least Madonna had some good songs!!!

Martian Jeza
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:30 AM
Madonna only is pure commercial bullshit ! Madonna only cares about her fame and her money.

I still don't understand why so many people buy such poor music ? It's for me a mystery...

RatedR Superstar
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:28 AM
who the hell is lily allen?...

Black Mamba.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:49 AM
Wrong messenger right message.

lk89
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:18 AM
I've never heard of Lily Allen?

!<blocparty>!
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:05 AM
Who?

'nuff said.

Not really. You're Canadian if I'm not mistaken and she could have released an amazing debut album in the UK that you heard nothing about.

She sucks but I kind of agree with her comments.

Jakeev
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:16 AM
WOW:eek: Big word from a nobody. But hey she is entitled to her opinion and she is probably just voicing what probably thousands of non-fans think themselves.

That's the beauty though. She is entiled to be wrong.

rebel_ffighter
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:34 AM
who is she?

Xanadu11
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:39 AM
I'm not like a huge Madonna fan, but the way she has continually re-invented herself, is always doing something different and just her longevity is amazing.

Mana
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:41 AM
Slut.

!Gio!
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:53 AM
I guess we all have our opinions, but you have to agree to be able to sell more than 250 million albums, have 36 number one dance singles, and have as many top ten singles as elvis presley you have to be one of the best, like her or not Madonna is Madonna she will be remembered even 200 years from now.

hdfb
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:54 AM
Wow. What an airhead. Madonna is one of the greatest ever.

Evey
Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Lily Allen is over-rated IMO!!

fifiricci
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:26 AM
WOW:eek: Big word from a nobody. But hey she is entitled to her opinion and she is probably just voicing what probably thousands of non-fans think themselves.

That's the beauty though. She is entiled to be wrong.

She might be a nobody on your side of the pond, but she certainly isn't a nobody on mine.

And I think both Lily Allen and Madge are over-rated, so there! :lol:

Viktymise
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:42 AM
Lily Allen should take a look at her career so far and think maybe she's a bit overrrated, plus iv heard both of their current albums and Madonna's is much much better

CooCooCachoo
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Love the footballer comments.

Kunal
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:05 PM
who is she

on the money i think

Monica_Rules
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
I think Smile is ok song the rest of her album is :o

All this attacking of people is ridiculas, shes prob some scum from the gutter and this is accepable behavious for her.

V-MAC
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:42 PM
Pot.Kettle.Black.

well said :worship: God that Lily Allen is the worst pop star to emerge since Natasha Bedingfield

Martian KC
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
Bitch.

Avid Merrion
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
:yawn: Lily drumming up more publicity for herself by being 'controversial' i see. how dull.

here's a thought for you Lily, how about you write some decent music to earn yourself some headlines instead of all the quite frankly yawn inducing trash talk :zzz: