PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva d. Shuai Peng 3-6, 7-6 (5) ret.

iPatty
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
whatever. peng got injured and choked a 6-3, *4-1 lead and lucky bepa moves on.

i'm disgusted right now.

Mana
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
Vera :inlove::worship:

pierce0415
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:07 PM
f**k
can't believe Peng injured again

Bepa you better be thankful for your luck

gmak
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:08 PM
vera :D :kiss:

hope peng is not seriously injured...

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:08 PM
i guess it serves this idiot right when scores were stuck in TB

vera retired maybe :angel:

shouldnt wish for bad luck for others :retard:
serves you right :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nice fighting Vera :D

Zauber
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:09 PM
i dont know the details
But good for Vera to hang in there.
Who knows she may become one of the very mentally tough players.
I hope she keeps improving on that side.

iPatty
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:09 PM
every time she's playing well, she gets injured. i'm so disgusted. bepa is so lucky to have won this match. shows how much better than her peng is, since she was pwning her until she got injured.

:rolleyes:

Berlin_Calling
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:10 PM
:sad:

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
every time she's playing well, she gets injured. i'm so disgusted. bepa is so lucky to have won this match. shows how much better than her peng is, since she was pwning her until she got injured.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: you can do this as much as want... Vera and her fans are having their laugh right now :p

Dexter
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:13 PM
I hope it's nthg serious for Shuai :(
Any news?

Get well soon! :hug:

Uranus
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:13 PM
Sh*t! I knew it. Poor Shuai, again :sad: But I'm very satisfied with Vera's win. I hope she defeats Masha now!

It all depends on when Shuai got injured. Was it when leading *4-1, or in the tie-break? Anyway it's a weird moment to take an injury time-out when you're leading *5-4 in the TB, 2 pts away from the match. So I think that's when she got injured, she might have fallen or so.

iPatty
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: you can do this as much as want... Vera and her fans are having their laugh right now :p

why would they laugh? someone being injured isn't something to laugh at. :rolleyes:

they should be worried that their fave almost got beat by a cripple.

NyCPsU
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
peng :sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:16 PM
Sucks for Shuai. :sad: I feel for you guys.

Bepa moves on though. :D :worship:

Pasta-Na
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
i guess it serves this idiot right when scores were stuck in TB

shouldnt wish for bad luck for others :retard:
serves you right :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nice fighting Vera :D

we will see who will go further in USO :rolleyes:

Eldoth Kron
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
Peng :smooch: :kiss: :kiss:

Who is that BEBA?

pav
Bad luck for Shuai, she certainly played better in the first,very annoying when it happens to your favourite player,better to see the match run it's course,hope Bepa can carry on now.
Bepa, 3 out of ten break point conversions ,not good enough!

tenn_ace
why would they laugh? someone being injured isn't something to laugh at. :rolleyes:

they should be worried that their fave almost got beat by a cripple.

having their laugh is an expression... anyways, sorry to bother you.

Paul.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:19 PM
yeah, im sure vera thinks its hilarious...

:(

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:20 PM
Vera is lucky.
She's confident with her groundstrokes which is good. She will come to net from time to time which is good.
She needs to stop thinking that she can beat players who have a bit more spunk on their groundstrokes from the baseline.
It's just not going to happen on a consistent basis. She needs to mix things up better and make these top players really think. That is the next step for her.
A little luck never hurts though. :p

K-Dog
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:21 PM
Bepa got lucky. at least she moves on unlike stupid Tati.

Ceze
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM
I like Vera so I'm happy for her but I feel very sad for Shuai, IMO she deserved to win today :sobbing:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:24 PM
why am I seeing these :worship: smileys for Vera :shrug: what she did was not worthy of worship, she got incredibly lucky. Shuai :sad:

iPatty
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:25 PM
i'm gunna go kill myself now. i won't be back. ever. or at least for a few days. i really don't feel like being around such insensitive people right now, as cat's pajamas alluded to.

KV
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:26 PM
we will see who will go further in USO :rolleyes:Listen boy you got some growing up to do and being realistic for a change.

SloKid
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
Oh Greg you're being a drama queen. It's not Bepa's fault. And you go around talking crap about her, it just calls for others to do the same about Peng.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
why am I seeing these :worship: smileys for Vera :shrug: what she did was not worthy of worship, she got incredibly lucky. Shuai :sad:

:yeah:

I cannot stand it when people are all happy and proud when there is a retirement. I am not saying Vera would or could not have won the match, but this is hardly praise-worthy stuff.

Shuai :sad:

Pasta-Na
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:30 PM
Listen boy you got some growing up to do and being realistic for a change.

so you are

Pasta-Na
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:31 PM
and i am pissed when ana lost to na li, people got back their vcash :rolleyes:

what about shuai/vera match? :retard:

rrfnpump
Vera deserved this win... she fought back being down 1-4
we all dont know when Shuai got injured so comments in both ways should not be made

Vera got lucky for sure, but there is a german saying "Das Glück dem Tüchtigen" :)

tterb
What happened to Shuai, and when did the injury happen? Not the way I wanted Vera to win at all... Poor Peng. :sad: Get better soon.

That said, even justified bitterness is no excuse for piss poor logic:

Right. So by this logic, we can take any single match where a good player got beaten soundly, and say the winner is clearly a better player. Maybe Peng was better on this day before the injury, but one match is no evidence that she is "much better" than Vera overall. After all, only one of the two has been to the top 10 in her career.

P.S. Using your logic, Vera is clearly much better than Capriati because in one match she beat Jennifer 6-0, 6-1. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Alec
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:32 PM
What the hell happened to Shuai! :mad:

I'm really pissed off!

She really deserves a win but.............. :o :o :o

Please take care of yourself on court!

faboozadoo15
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
well, her luck will run out against sharapova, that's nearly certain.

poor shuai!

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
and i am pissed when ana lost to na li, people got back their vcash :rolleyes:

what about shuai/vera match? :retard:

I think you're losing it...

blumaroo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
Unlucky. This year has been terrible for Peng. She belongs in the top 20. Her future is still bright.

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
we all dont know when Shuai got injured so comments in both ways should not be made

Vera got lucky for sure, but there is a german saying "Das Glück dem Tüchtigen" :)

I think I like it even though I don't know German

Russianboy90
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:35 PM

Hallo! Bist ja auch mal wieder da! ;)
Had you followed the match???

CooCooCachoo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:35 PM

There is no 'deserved' in this :shrug: How can you say she deserved it? She did well to fight back and may deserve the second set, but that does not warrant the win :shrug:

This is not a win either. It's a sadly finished match.

Paul.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
There is no 'deserved' in this :shrug: How can you say she deserved it? She did well to fight back and may deserve the second set, but that does not warrant the win :shrug:

i agree.

we will never know what would have happened

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Who the hell cares if people are cheering Bepa on? I'm her fan, so I'm glad she's moving on into the next round after a good fightback, I dont give a shit what Shuai had to do with it.

I'm sorry for Shuai and hers fans, as I mentioned in my post earlier. I've been in that situation before, it sucks... but that doesnt mean I'm not gonna express my happiness for Bepa moving on. :retard:

SloKid
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:38 PM

Absolutely.
But certain people here insulting Bepa for this win, that is just wrong, what was she supposed to do?
It reminds me of people saying Gaston stole FO from Coria, how? Was he supposed to quit first? :shrug:

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Absolutely.
But certain people here insulting Bepa for this win, that is just wrong, what was she supposed to do?
It reminds me of people saying Gaston stole FO from Coria, how? Was he supposed to quit first? :shrug:

This guy is always spot on! :worship:

Russianboy90
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Who the hell cares if people are cheering Bepa on? I'm her fan, so I'm glad she's moving on into the next round after a good fightback, I dont give a shit what Shuai had to do with it.

I'm sorry for Shuai and hers fans, as I mentioned in my post earlier. I've been in that situation before, it sucks... but that doesnt mean I'm not gonna express my happiness for Bepa moving on. :retard:
That's right! I totally agree with this statement! :yeah:

rrfnpump
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:40 PM

Vera moves to the next round and gets the money and the ranking points
only difference is that bets will not be paid out :o

I am really sorry for Shuai, but its not like its the first time a player retires and people should learn its (sadly) part of tennis

CooCooCachoo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:40 PM
Absolutely.

Surely people should not insult Vera, but they should not worship her either for moving on to the next round, cause that, in turn, is highly disrespectful towards Shuai.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:41 PM

No one cares if people cheer Vera on, but people care if they make it seem as if this was a major accomplishment on her behalf.

UDACHi
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:42 PM
is there any proof of shuai getting injured up 6-3 *4-1? she could have gotten injured at set point for vera. until there is proof, stop acting like vera didn't have to do anything and peng died on court as soon as she got the double break lead. :rolleyes:

it's a shame that pengy had to go down like this, but vera fought well and i'm really proud of her. davai bepa. :worship: :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Vera moves to the next round and gets the money and the ranking points
only difference is that bets will not be paid out :o

I am really sorry for Shuai, but its not like its the first time a player retires and people should learn its (sadly) part of tennis

Yes, but some people should have the decency to not bring out the balloons and the party decoration when a player retires in a match.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
No one cares if people cheer Vera on, but people care if they make it seem as if this was a major accomplishment on her behalf.
Who's making it seem like a "major accomplishment" though? :confused: Some happy smileys to express our feelings? Sheesh.

rrfnpump
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Yes, but some people should have the decency to not bring out the balloons and the party decoration when a player retires in a match.

and who did that here?

CooCooCachoo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:45 PM
Who's making it seem like a "major accomplishment" though? :confused: Some happy smileys to express our feelings? Sheesh.

You know the impression the use of the :worship: smiley gives to people.

cellophane
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:45 PM

What are you talking about? :confused:

CooCooCachoo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
and who did that here?

Bakers Boy

WTD.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
Anyways, I hope Shuai gets well soon :D

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
the :worship: was for Vera in general, not just for her winning a match by retirement :retard: Everyone in here needs to stop being so whiny and complainy.

While I do agree that if people come in here posting happy congrats for Bepa and mentioning nothnig in regard to Shuai's injury/retirement it's a bit low and unecessary, but to get upset at ppl being happy for Bepa... I dont get it.

rrfnpump
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Bakers Boy

WTD.

and how many other people were saying
:sad: Shuai :hug:

or fuck, Bepa is so lucky :mad: ?

~CANUCK~
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:50 PM
is there any proof of shuai getting injured up 6-3 *4-1? she could have gotten injured at set point for vera. until there is proof, stop acting like vera didn't have to do anything and peng died on court as soon as she got the double break lead. :rolleyes:

it's a shame that pengy had to go down like this, but vera fought well and i'm really proud of her. davai bepa. :worship: :yeah:

Im glad someone said this. Why does everyone just assume that she got hurt at 4-1. If she was so hurt at 4-1 how was she able to play till 6-7. For all anyone knows, Vera was spanking her in those last few games and it had nothing to do with peng being injuried. Im sorry she got hurt and all, coz i do enjoy her play, but it pisses me off when some people think she was owning vera and only lost the set coz she got hurt.

pav
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
It is funny to observe human nature, some are abusing Bepa fans for celebrating saying it is an insult to Shuai, and at the same time insulting Bepa, you can't have your cake and eat it too. I am sure later Bepa would be the first to say she got lucky,as she has done in several press conferences(even after her serena win recently)

jamatthews
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
You know you're back when you have threads like this when you win. ;)

squig2k
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:03 PM
vera :bounce: beat sharapova now!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
Bloody hell, not again :sobbing:

Get well soon Peng :hug:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:33 PM
I was pretty worried about Vera after the first set :O hope everything's ok with Peng

Lenny_DH
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:57 PM
Peng retired because of heat illness, so there was no injury. I found it on the website of the WTA.

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:11 PM
Peng retired because of heat illness, so there was no injury. I found it on the website of the WTA.

which is something pro athletes should know how to avoid. :wavey:

VERA :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

~CANUCK~
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:13 PM
:lol: Looks like peng wasn't owning vera after all :rolleyes:

Josh.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:17 PM
poor peng. she was in the drivers seat for the whole match!
what's gonna be her new ranking now?

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:27 PM
Heat Illness..

iPatty
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Oh Greg you're being a drama queen. It's not Bepa's fault. And you go around talking crap about her, it just calls for others to do the same about Peng.

i stated the obvious. i wasn't talking crap about vera. if someone chokes a double break lead against you, and has to retire because of a heat illness, which could've affected her throughout the entire match, then yes, bepa got lucky.

lizchris
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:36 PM

They should, but if it is stiffling hot (and it is in that part of the country at the moment as well as the Midwest and the East Coast), what the fuck is she supposed to do? If she got sick, she got sick. Move the fuck on.

iPatty
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:38 PM

whatever. congratulations, bepa. good luck against maria.

LUXXXAS
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
big luck Vera :)
Shuai :hug::kiss: get well soon

JackWalker
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
its a shame peng had to retire. she was in the match and had come to live at this tournament. pity.

Mileen
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:48 PM
:sad:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
poor shuai! :hug:

but vera, lets work hard and take maria out!

Diesel
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:37 PM
Keep it up Vera!

new-york
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Shuai. :sobbing:

Derek.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Keep it up Vera!

Keep up what?

Having her opponents retire? :o

njnetswill
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:05 PM
What horrible luck for Peng. :mad:

Alec
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
Keep it up Vera!

Keep being lucky when her next opponent also retires? :fiery:

Ellery
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Shuai :bigcry: :sad:

shava
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:18 AM
so double break in the 2nd set,huh! :speakles:
anyway,brilliant fight,Shuai :yeah:

Leo_DFP
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:30 AM
Vera! :worship: Beat Maria here like you did in Montreal (?) a couple summers ago.

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:35 AM
Peng :sad: :mad:

Vera :) ;)

Modiac.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:41 AM
Shuai :sad:
Why u always get injured while u were going to win???
She should have won this match easily.

Bepa,really good luck,and I hope u can go further!

Modiac.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:44 AM
At least Shuai proves she has ability to beat Bepa in 2s.
Good luck next week!

wukenaihe
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:48 AM
Shuai :sobbing:

Vera, good luck against Masha :cool:

Andrew..
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:09 AM
Shuai had body cramps.

Bepa played well in the second set. She mixed up her shots and started to frustrate Shuai. Her new strategy worked very well.

Andrew..
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:10 AM
They should, but if it is stiffling hot (and it is in that part of the country at the moment as well as the Midwest and the East Coast), what the fuck is she supposed to do? If she got sick, she got sick. Move the fuck on.
It was 75 degrees this morning.

UDACHi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:11 AM
At least Shuai proves she has ability to beat Bepa in 2s.
Good luck next week!

she lost, though. :shrug:

Bus
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:26 AM
Shuai :sad: :sad:
Get well soon :hug:

Alec
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:39 AM
Thank god it is just heat illness.......

She can be recovered and play in LA next week.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:40 AM
Vera :woohoo:

No Name Face
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:29 AM
Vera! Great comeback. I'm very happy with your consistency these tournaments! Keep going...slap down the banshee.

shava
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:05 AM
she lost, though. :shrug:
yeah,you are right,congrats...

tenn_ace
Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:51 AM

You were "missing" in this thread... So get the fuck lost. :p

Uranus
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:39 AM
So credit to Bepa for this crazy comeback in the 2nd set.
Shuai should have closed it quicker though. But dear, she's so unlucky with injuries... everything will happen to her :sad:

So Disrespectful
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:43 AM
Good job Vera!

-Makiri-
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:01 AM
Vera :D :D

DevilishAttitude
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:44 AM
i'm gunna go kill myself now. i won't be back. ever. or at least for a few days. i really don't feel like being around such insensitive people right now, as cat's pajamas alluded to.

It's stupid and OTT reactions which are making this board slightly worrying.

Yeah, suicide over the fact that some Chinese player didn't win :o

And I highly doubt you woun't post for a few days.

Anyway, I'm started to stop believing that Vera will win the US Open and Peng well, her Clijsters win still looks fluky.

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Vera has to play better to go further

lizchris
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:12 PM
You were "missing" in this thread... So get the fuck lost. :p

I cursed you out because you don't know a damn thing about what professional athletes in different sports go through when they play in stiffling heat. If she was suffering from the heat, she should have retired because she could have sufferd heat stroke.

tenn_ace
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
I cursed you out because you don't know a damn thing about what professional athletes in different sports go through when they play in stiffling heat. If she was suffering from the heat, she should have retired because she could have sufferd heat stroke.

Have I said anything otherwise? :rolleyes: Where?

PS. I cursed back at you because I don't like you and cusring at you brings me pleasure. :wavey: Bye-bye.

lizchris
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Have I said anything otherwise? :rolleyes: Where?

PS. I cursed back at you because I don't like you and cusring at you brings me pleasure. :wavey: Bye-bye.

Believe me the feeling is mutual.

tenn_ace
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
Believe me the feeling is mutual.

not planning to addess my question???... Of course, not!!!! That would mean exposing yourself as a liar :kiss: