PDA

View Full Version : what's the story between Kournikova and her mother?

vogus
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Anna's mother Alla was always traveling on the tour with her and seemed to be in charge of Anna's career, but apparently at some point they had a huge falling out and completely broke off relations with each other, does anybody know when & why this happened?

Also i have heard that Alla got divorced from Anna's father, re-married, and had another child.

cindy
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:04 PM
for the divorce and the other child I don't know (but I think anna has a half-sister) as for anna and her mum I think anna realised that alla was kind of loving her for her career not who she was...making money with her and taking the money for her
I don't say that anna was intersting or is interesting in money but everyone knows that she wanted to play tennis not to be a bimbo and that's what her mother wanted her to do since it gave more money
I know I'm not in their lives so I may be wrong but I realy think it's true...if you read anna's interview that's what you can understand...to anna her mother is her first coach larissa longrussianname

PatrickRyan
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:10 PM
wasn't it someting about a house in mimai?? That's what i heard on vh1

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:17 PM
for the divorce and the other child I don't know (but I think anna has a half-sister) as for anna and her mum I think anna realised that alla was kind of loving her for her career not who she was...making money with her and taking the money for her
I don't say that anna was intersting or is interesting in money but everyone knows that she wanted to play tennis not to be a bimbo and that's what her mother wanted her to do since it gave more money
I know I'm not in their lives so I may be wrong but I realy think it's true...if you read anna's interview that's what you can understand...to anna her mother is her first coach larissa longrussianname

preobrazhenskaya ;) :cool:

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
I read recently that Alla was the reason why Anna and Pavel boke up. Pavel couldn't stand Alla micromanaging Anna

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:42 PM
Here's Anna's most recent mom comments -

"Going through puberty in front of the public, it's kind of weird and strange and fun and exciting," Anna says now. "And scary, especially me coming from Russia, back then, in the '90s, when it was still so new -- everything, for me, was like a candy store. My mom was young, and we were like the test cases going through all these experiences; there was no rule book for us to follow. A lot of people took advantage of us, and we had to be guarded at times, and there were people pulling us in different directions constantly. My mom did the best she could, but it was tough.

"It's not like I'm complaining, though. I'm very blessed. I'm financially independent, and I like to think I grew up into a strong-minded woman who is open to trying new things."

vogus
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
I read recently that Alla was the reason why Anna and Pavel boke up. Pavel couldn't stand Alla micromanaging Anna

that's a long time ago though, like six years, since Bure was her beau.

Does anybody know when the last confirmed sighting of Alla and Anya together was. After they fired Van Harpen, i think Alla actually became the coach before they hired Solomon in '02. Was Alla still around when Solomon was coaching her in that last year?

!Gio!
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well Kournikova's mom always seemed a bit too frigid too me, never really liked her, but who knows maybe she is/was agood mother who knows what they really fought for or if they are really fighting, maybe her mom just doesnt want to be involved with her career now.

*JR*
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
that's a long time ago though, like six years, since Bure was her beau.

I thought it was Fedorov. Was she "involved with" every Russian player in the NHL? :tape:

!Gio!
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:14 PM
I thought it was Fedorov. Was she "involved with" every Russian player in the NHL? :tape:

just about :lol: , but hey she was young, blonde and beautiful. :cool:

Nicjac
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:32 PM
I do not have anything to add, never followd Anna's career, but

:lol:

preobrazhenskaya ;) :cool:

kudos for being able to spell AND remember that :worship: if it is true :lol: