PDA

View Full Version : Wed. Showdown! 2nd Match Center Court: Ana IVANOVIC vs Amy FRAZIER: Who Will Win ?

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:40 AM
Who will win this match up. Amy leads the head to heads 1-0.

:bounce:

Paul.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:42 AM
i think that amy could be a real test for ana. i love both players so im happy for whoever wins (they are both on my top 10 list) but just for fun im going to root for amy

7-6 7-5

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:44 AM
Frazier leads 1-0

Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed

209 / -- 2004 VIENNA CLAY (O) R32 A. FRAZIER 6-4 6-1 38 / 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amy has won there only other match against each other on Amys worst service. However...that was over 2 years ago. Ana has improved and matured greatly since then. It should be a good battle this time around :D :bounce:

LH2HBH
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:48 AM
Is it really a showdown? ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:49 AM

Its sounded good :lol: ... :p

LH2HBH
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:56 AM
Its sounded good :lol: ... :p

:) well at least you can admit it! :D

faboozadoo15
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:00 AM
i know i'm relatively intrigued. i love both these girls.
i'll be rooting for amy though. she's the underdog, and i feel like every good run she has=another year on tour. ana has PLENTY of time ;)

Aaron.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:01 AM
Go Ana :banana:

UDACHi
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:04 AM
i'm getting a feeling that ana will crush her. i dunno why.

SelesFan70
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:06 AM
Amy in 3...6-2, 4-6, 7-5 :unsure:

Brooklyn90
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:06 AM
Ana in str8 sets

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:09 AM
This first Ana :angel: /Amy Viena match is Ana Ivanovic :angel: first official WTA match (of course that she lose that)!

Also, you all must to know that Elena Dementieva is only WTA player who played against Ana :angel: more than once and always win (Elena lead in H2H 2:0 vs. Ana :angel: ) and dont expect that Amy will be 2nd WTA player with this success.

And also, since losing to Venus Williams in Zurich at the end of 2004, Ana :angel: has won all of her last five matches against Americans in straight sets.

Ana :angel: will win this match easy 2-0 without 7:6 or 7:5 "problems".

drake3781
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:16 AM
Amy.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:34 AM
:) well at least you can admit it! :D

:umbrella:

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:41 AM
Ana is a good hitter of the ball but she's not the best of movers on tour.
She doesn't particularly play well against player who hit a relatively flat ball.
She definately needs some time to set up and I don't think Amy will give her the time.
Amy in three.

LeRoy.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:45 AM
i hope Amy wins in 2

Milito22
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:46 AM
my Anita ;)

TFan1156
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:55 AM
"Showdown?" How about a beatdown from the big Serb? That is my prediction.... ;)

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:56 AM
She doesn't particularly play well against player who hit a relatively flat ball.
She definately needs some time to set up and I don't think Amy will give her the time.
Amy in three.

Amy is one of most intelligent WTA players ever, but sorry - her posibilities is limited, and Ana already played better than Amy ever do...

MH0861
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:03 AM
Amy is one of most intelligent WTA players ever, but sorry - her posibilities is limited, and Ana already played better than Amy ever do...

Ana's lost to players you probably would've said the same thing about this year... Stosur, Chakvetadze, and Vento-Kabchi last summer so I think Amy has a chance. :) She's certainly in confidence right now.

RJWCapriati
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:18 AM
Amy in 3

rada
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:41 AM
ana in 2sets ;) 63 63

LTT
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:42 AM
Ana in 2 sets :) 6-2 6-3 :D

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:49 AM
amy will win. she's on a tootsie ROLL train.

mboyle
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:10 AM
Amy in three.

Point one is valid.
Ana has historically lost to fast players and fast players only. If you do not move well, Ana will beat you unless you are Lindsay Davenport or Maria Sharapova. Amy doesn't move well.

Ivanovic in straights.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:23 AM
Ivanovic, 7-5 6-2.

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:24 AM
ana 6-4, 6-2

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:37 AM
Point one is valid.
Ana has historically lost to fast players and fast players only. If you do not move well, Ana will beat you unless you are Lindsay Davenport or Maria Sharapova. Amy doesn't move well.

Ivanovic in straights.

Or Maria Vento Kabchi ?? Ana lost to her 6-1 in the 3rd :eek: Maria is definetly not a fast player. IF Amys game is on....she will win. Amy in str8 sets...4 and 3. She needs to move Ana around that court like a mad woman and keep hat 1st serve pumpin :lol: . :bounce: :wavey:

faboozadoo15
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:45 AM
i feel like the match is more in ana's hands. she has the kind of game that could power amy off the court. however, if amy keeps it close, and takes her chances, she could very well win.
i'm intrigued.

delicatecutter
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:21 AM
I'm shocked that Amy has more overall votes in the poll.

Ana should win and hopefully, she will win. :)

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
This first Ana :angel: /Amy Viena match is Ana Ivanovic :angel: first official WTA match (of course that she lose that)!

Also, you all must to know that Elena Dementieva is only WTA player who played against Ana :angel: more than once and always win (Elena lead in H2H 2:0 vs. Ana :angel: ) and dont expect that Amy will be 2nd WTA player with this success.

And also, since losing to Venus Williams in Zurich at the end of 2004, Ana :angel: has won all of her last five matches against Americans in straight sets.

Ana :angel: will win this match easy 2-0 without 7:6 or 7:5 "problems".
This is real fact about Ana.

Or Maria Vento Kabchi ?? Ana lost to her 6-1 in the 3rd Maria is definetly not a fast player. IF Amys game is on....she will win. Amy in str8 sets...4 and 3. She needs to move Ana around that court like a mad woman and keep hat 1st serve pumpin

Ana's lost to players you probably would've said the same thing about this year... Stosur, Chakvetadze, and Vento-Kabchi last summer so I think Amy has a chance. :) She's certainly in confidence right now.
Because Ana have hard injury problems last summer (between Wimbledon and US Open she play only in Toronto where she injuries hard in doubles and withdraw from singles in 3rd round) Ana lose this match vs. Kabchi (after them she dont play about another month). When Ana play health last year vs. Kabchi (Doha 2005) - Ana destroy her 6-1 6-0! Similar situation with her accident loses vs. Stosur (Ana destroy her after that fluke wins in AO in they next match at RG 6-0 6-3) and vs. Chakvetadze Ana's H2H record is 3:1 (for Ana of course). So if all yours Amy hopes based and stand on this Ana vs. Kabchi (with injury) or with Stosur or Chakvetadze (accident) loses - Amy chances is very small (and i agree with that!!!).

Grohl
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:56 AM
i wouldn't call this a showdown ;)
Ana in 2

Jenny.C.Fan
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
GO Ana in 2 :)

©@®eLess
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah Ana in two. Same things this thread starter said when his baby Amy was to play Jankovic....And Jelena baggeled her how many times...?!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Ana has to win this one. Frazier is not a rival for her.

Ballbasher
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Showdown ?? Ana 6-0 6-4

controlfreak
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Well, as Michael Jackson once sang, it don't matter if you're.... really quite tanned or.... extremely pale indeed. :shrug:

Jakeev
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:01 PM
It's going to comedown to who bangs the ball harder than the other and who holds their nerve.

Both need to be aggressive and while Amy isn't going to do anything different, Ana better sure as heck not underestimate her older opponent.

Dexter
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
Ajde princess! :hearts:

Or Maria Vento Kabchi ?? Ana lost to her 6-1 in the 3rd :eek: Maria is definetly not a fast player. IF Amys game is on....she will win. Amy in str8 sets...4 and 3. She needs to move Ana around that court like a mad woman and keep hat 1st serve pumpin :lol: . :bounce: :wavey:Ana was badly injured in last year's US Open... So don't read too much from this.

tobi
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Amy can put a good show :) Ana is the big favourite of course but u just never know...

:lol: @ some Ana fans btw

Harju.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:00 PM
Good luck Amy. Please win since you beat Tati :angel:

Ellery
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:21 PM
Amy in 3.

Ourania
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:47 PM
I think Amy, in 2 but if Ana really puts her mind to it she can take her to 3.

!Gio!
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM
Go Ana, she is the real deal, she just has to step it up a little bit this summer. I think she will win, Ana is just too tough and Amy even tough she can always pull of the upset especially on a hardcourt, I feel she is getting a bit too old now.

MH0861
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
Because Ana have hard injury problems last summer (between Wimbledon and US Open she play only in Toronto where she injuries hard in doubles and withdraw from singles in 3rd round) Ana lose this match vs. Kabchi (after them she dont play about another month). When Ana play health last year vs. Kabchi (Doha 2005) - Ana destroy her 6-1 6-0! Similar situation with her accident loses vs. Stosur (Ana destroy her after that fluke wins in AO in they next match at RG 6-0 6-3) and vs. Chakvetadze Ana's H2H record is 3:1 (for Ana of course). So if all yours Amy hopes based and stand on this Ana vs. Kabchi (with injury) or with Stosur or Chakvetadze (accident) loses - Amy chances is very small (and i agree with that!!!).

Listen, I think Ana should win this match... I'm just saying, Amy has a chance here - who's to say there won't be another "accident loss"? ;)

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Yeah Ana in two. Same things this thread starter said when his baby Amy was to play Jankovic....And Jelena baggeled her how many times...?!

Jelena is a great mover from side-to-side and not a bad net player either.
Ana isn't a bad net player but the movement isn't there like Jankovic.
Jankovic doesn't have any issues playing players with flat gamestyles like Amy unless they're very good movers.
Ana does have issues with players who hit have a flat gamestyle no matter how their movement is.

MH0861
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
And also, since losing to Venus Williams in Zurich at the end of 2004, Ana has won all of her last five matches against Americans in straight sets.

LOL. Okay. First, what does this have to do with anything? Best ranking of any American she played in these matches: 94. And the only one ranked in the Top 100 when they played Ana. Lee-Waters, Perry and Granville -- we aren't talking Venus, Serena and Lindsay here. :lol:

delicatecutter
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
yay Ana!! :)

Ballbasher
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
I think Amy, in 2 but if Ana really puts her mind to it she can take her to 3.
on what drugs were you :spit:

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
LOL. Okay. First, what does this have to do with anything? Best ranking of any American she played in these matches: 94. And the only one ranked in the Top 100 when they played Ana. Lee-Waters, Perry and Granville -- we aren't talking Venus, Serena and Lindsay here. :lol:

Amy Fraizer is #52 :lol: :lol: :lol: (12 sets in the row vs. US players in 2005 & 2006!)