PDA

View Full Version : Groenefeld Needs To Step Back And Change Her Approach To Tennis

pierce0415
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:29 PM
losing a winnable match against Tati in Stanford
losing 1R to Vesnina in San Diego
on the bright side, she can look forward to next week because she is scheduled to play every week for the rest of the year

but seriously she needs to cut down on the doubles and work on her singles game and cut down her schedule

Albireo
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:30 PM
She needs to change coaches, too.

Piotr'ek
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Her game is no strategy, hit hard - dont think.
If she is on it is hard to stop her but when she is off she is looking pathetic with her technique.

Karolina_Sprem
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:40 PM
She is a solid tennis player but it's not easy to cope with german media because they want some good follower of Steffi Graf and Anke Huber and have feeling that they saw it in the name of Lena Groenefeld...

vogus
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:45 PM
on the bright side, she can look forward to next week because she is scheduled to play every week for the rest of the year

:haha: does the German media have anything to say about ALG's kamikaze scheduling?

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:51 PM
its pretty simple ALG has the game to do big things but her tactics are all wrong, well actually she has none

im a big fan but she seriously needs to change something-maybe a new coach. she needs to stop going for so much on every single shot, she has so much power there isnt a need to just constantly pound the ball.

she reminds me of how safina used to be-dinara has kinda gone too much the other way now

ALGs current "gameplan" will probably result in some very good results (1/4 final of RG) and lots of bad ones (her recent 1st round losses)

Jogi
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:06 PM
she's so unpredictable, as Dementieva
what Piotrek said sounds hard but I guess it's right :tape:

all these unnecessary defeats suck :(
well, better luck next week darling

Tennisace
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:17 PM
If you can, watch the WTT match with ALG vs. Venus. It perfectly sums up why she is so up an down, spectacular winners or spectacular errors.

die_wahrheit
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:19 PM
She needs to set priorities. And these can't be doubles.

FashionMan
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:19 PM
Big Problems from Groenefeld :

- Serve
- Return
- Forehand

Her serve is very bad at the moment !!! She mad 10 Double Faults and her second serve is very bad too. In the secon set she made only 8 points (27%) by the return !!! And in Standford was her Forehand very bad !!!

After Roland Garrod she played normaly tennis in Eastbourne but then she had 3 Matchpoints against Sveta and lost the match !!! I think the loose is a reason , why she is playing so bad tennis at the moment !!!

Ballbasher
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:20 PM
Her loss against Vesnina was expected for me :o

FashionMan
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:22 PM
And since Roland Garros , Anna - Lena is very agressive on the court !!! Is saw her match against Tatiana and she hit the racket on the court , before Roland Garrod she never do it !!!

~Poseidon~
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:54 PM
And since Roland Garros , Anna - Lena is very agressive on the court !!! Is saw her match against Tatiana and she hit the racket on the court , before Roland Garrod she never do it !!!

Anna Lena threw her racket many times before. ;)

Anna Lena is young, she has to learn and improve her tactical behavior on the court.

Maybe she'll do it and use her talent or she'll become one of the German Players, who are only known as former rising stars...

Jem
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:55 PM
Groenefeld strikes me as someone who's going to have big wins and big losses throughout her career. She may be one of those players that manages a "career year" to earn a spot in the top 10, but I don't find her overly talented or to have anything that would indicate she's destined to be a perennial top 10 or 15 player.

FashionMan
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:03 PM
@ M.A.T.

Sie war nie so agressiv wie jetzt und ich hab sie oft gesehen (auch Live) und ich hab sie vorher noch nie den Schläger auf den Boden schlagen gesehen !!!

~Poseidon~
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:05 PM
@ M.A.T.

Sie war nie so agressiv wie jetzt und ich hab sie oft gesehen (auch Live) und ich hab sie vorher noch nie den Schläger auf den Boden schlagen gesehen !!!

Dann hast du wohl die falschen matches gesehen oder an den falschen Momenten das Klo besucht. ;)

Wie gesagt, sie war schon immer aggresiv und hat auch schon im letzten Jahr den Schläger geworfen.

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:28 PM
She's a good player and telling her not to play doubles isn't going to help her.
She needs to continue to show some growth in her net play.
She's going to have some issues with the rest of her game likely for the rest of her career.
The same happens to Mauresmo from time to time. Mauresmo can always depend on her net game if something else goes wrong.
Her schedule is crazy but like Petrova earlier this year, she expects to lose early in a lot of these tournis.
When she doesn't she'll pull out of a couple of them.
If anything she's getting better at net and it will help her.
If it takes 2 years like it did with Zvonareva, then so be it, but it will eventualy help.

*JR*
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:36 AM
She needs to change coaches, too.
:devil: Rafi :devil:

Carsten
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:04 AM
Anna Lena threw her racket many times before. ;)

you're 100% right ;) I've already seen it in some matches...

I think Anna has to change her coach, too. Rafael Font de Mora possibly was good to bring her up the rankings, but to stay in those regions she really has to improve and I don't think Rafi can help her any longer. She more needs a coach who comes up with good strategies, gives her a real game plan (from what i#ve heared Rafi was never really able to do that).

Anna's gameplan for example on break points is very simple; if she has one, two or even three: Go for the return-winner until you wasted all of them ;) That's what it seems to me :tape: And with her own serve sometimes it's the same...
Of course her game is very agressive, but she should learn to control it better.

Havok
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:12 AM
She plays like Dokic, but nowhere near as good of a player as Dokic once was when she was rising up in the ranks. Groenefeld lacks the fighting power, wich you really need when you play her style of tennis, and add on the fact that she doesn't have decent consistency as well.

Carsten
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
She plays like Dokic, but nowhere near as good of a player as Dokic once was when she was rising up in the ranks. Groenefeld lacks the fighting power, wich you really need when you play her style of tennis, and add on the fact that she doesn't have decent consistency as well.

what is fighting power?? I think ALG is a real fighter...