PDA

View Full Version : Water As Fuel!!!!!!

DemWilliamsGulls
Aug 1st, 2006, 03:54 PM
What a GENIUS!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzJZJjo9MNA&NR) :worship:

All I can say is Oil companies and George Bush are going to try to red tape this TO DEATH! Its passed all safety test, its definately good for the environment, why hasn't this been brought mainstream yet. Check out the clip. If you ask me Hybrids have not been pushed like they should and the Oil companies are getting away with highway robbery.

ampers&
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
i saw this a while ago somewhere online.
this would really be a huge step in using fuels that are more environmentally friendly. there was just another large oil spill in Western Russia that has the potential to be an environmental catastrophe. it apparently happened last Friday but was only revealed Monday. i wonder why. :tape:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:58 PM
Amazing. FOX reported on this? :lol:

It's already too late but I would love to see something like that within the next 10 years. :awww:

Andy_
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:21 PM

All I can say is Oil companies and George Bush are going to try to red tape this TO DEATH! Its passed all safety test, its definately good for the environment, why hasn't this been brought mainstream yet. Check out the clip. If you ask me Hybrids have not been pushed like they should and the Oil companies are getting away with highway robbery.

There's only a little detail emphasis is not being placed on... the inventor says they subject water to a process of modified electrolysis. Whatever the modifications that took him from a process that is expected to separate water into gaseous oxygen and hydrogen to a process yielding this HHO molecule, that remains a process that makes use of electricity.

That is to say that to go from plain water to something that can be burnt in a welder, or in a car, electricity is needed. And how are we supposed to produce that electricity? With thermal power plants, hydroelectrical plants, nuclear plants, to begin with... to go on to wind power, solar panels and so on. Unluckily enough, though, the main source for that electricity would still be oil burnt in thermal power plants.

So it's a very nice invention indeed, but it only hides the polluting step somewhere else...

Anyway, did any of you catch the inventor's name? I'm tempted to do a little search...

Andy_
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:25 PM
his name is Danny Klein. :)

Thanks a bunch! :D

ampers&
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:28 PM
wtf...my post is gone.
anyway, yes....you're welcome. :lol: ;)

Andy_
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:37 PM
Well, anyhow... I've checked, and the guy's been filing patent applications intensively for the past few years. He already has a patent granted in the US for his electrolysis device... and he has an int'l application for the whole water-to-fuel process :eek: I'm so gonna read some more about it.
There's a guy working with him who's also made a couple of publications on int'l scientific journals, so actually the world's supposed to know these experiments are being carried out, and that they're starting to work... :scratch:

Brashkoala
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:18 PM
i hope this speeds up and i can get my hands on it

DemWilliamsGulls
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:06 PM
Well you better believe when and if it does become mainstream, the government will find some way to get its money out of it....the price of water is going to go up tremendously...water will probably be expensive or they will make a "special" automobile water at an higher price....it wont be regular tap water to use for vehicles...I sure woulnd't mind workin for one of his chains if his product came to Texas LOL...he's a genius...i've talked to him on youtube.

alfonsojose
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:33 PM
Water wars coming. Our ambition is the problem :sad:

Wigglytuff
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:38 PM

the technology to use everything from poop, used veg oil, hydrogen, elect as fuel has been around since at least 2002, but most of these techs are not econmincally viable (poop, i mean come on) BUT some are, and fact that even with gas prices so "high" people still dont seem to want anything to do with alternative (like hybrid cars) this means that companies dont invest the best and brightest on the job, and dont really lobby the way the would need to to get more backing.

Wigglytuff
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:43 PM
Well you better believe when and if it does become mainstream, the government will find some way to get its money out of it....the price of water is going to go up tremendously...water will probably be expensive or they will make a "special" automobile water at an higher price....it wont be regular tap water to use for vehicles...I sure woulnd't mind workin for one of his chains if his product came to Texas LOL...he's a genius...i've talked to him on youtube.
no i dont think the gov. is to blame here. the public i think is 99% at fault here. like i said inspite of that fact that there is no rational reason not to buy hybrid (used or new) the luke warm reception such cars have received even with a lot of time and ad dollars spent by the big car makers means that its not something that the public wants (why i dont know) and not something that is likely to get the money it needs to grow.

Wiggly
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:53 PM
Water wars coming. Our ambition is the problem :sad:

For sure! Canada willl be destroys :tape:

DemWilliamsGulls
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
Well i've seen a few hybrid cars..but I think its more of the type of models the hybrid cars are...and the reason people dont want to invest in them. The Toyata 2007 Camry is by far the best Hybrid model that ive seen. The rest are small cars that really are not anythign to look at. If they had better models I think u will see an increase in people buying them....I personally want a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. http://www.treehugger.com/files/camry-hybrid-de-02.jpg But it would be very nice to see HHO vehicles ....we might see them sooner than we think ;)

ceiling_fan
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:27 AM
Why is it a big deal that FOX reported. I know they are right-wing... but?

Anyway, this is a really cool idea.

In general, we need to start using more renewable energy sources.
Coal is going to run out in 100 years and gas and oil-30 years.

TF Chipmunk
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:43 AM
Water as in hydrogen? or water water :eek: