PDA

View Full Version : Who told Pharrell he could sing?

moon
Aug 1st, 2006, 03:20 PM
I'm sitting here watching videos, and I'm listening to this dude, and I'm like WTF? This guys sounds horrible.
I just don't get it?:confused:
Maybe it's because he's a music producer, and he can just create a role for himself in other people's songs?
When I see this guy "crooning" like he has actual talent, it's comical.
I think he should just stick to the beats.

Can someone please shed some light on this situation?

Ilikebigboobies
Aug 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM
Drop it while it's hot!

Black Mamba.
Aug 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM
That's why I didn't get his new album.

Strangelove
Aug 1st, 2006, 03:40 PM
Who told Pharrell he could sing?He probably did himself. Because I can't see anyone else telling him he can. I also bet he's the kind of guy that likes to look at himself as much as possible, so music video appearances are high up on his list.

No doubt he's got heaps of talent. Just no sing-a-song-kinda-talent.

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 1st, 2006, 03:43 PM
he's a good producer! :)

moon
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:35 PM
Drop it while it's hot!

Pharrell didn't sing on that one if I remember correctly.
One of the reasons it was a good song.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:44 PM
He can dress.

But that's pretty much it.

Ilikebigboobies
Aug 1st, 2006, 07:09 PM
Pharrell didn't sing on that one if I remember correctly.
One of the reasons it was a good song.
No...Snoooooooooooop did.
But Pharrell was part of it.

He is also part of N.E.R.D.
And I like them. :)

lk89
Aug 1st, 2006, 07:44 PM
Pharrell was on TRL and did this bit about him having conversations with himself as a producer and artist. N.E.R.D. was way better.

SilK
Aug 1st, 2006, 07:59 PM
I think his vocals are nice... it's his 'thing'. Doesn't matter if he hits not a single note correct, he still does it, and he OWNS it like he should. Respect to Pharrell.

He's a better singer than Snoop and Busta Rhymes combined.

moon
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:00 PM
He probably did himself. Because I can't see anyone else telling him he can. I also bet he's the kind of guy that likes to look at himself as much as possible, so music video appearances are high up on his list.

No doubt he's got heaps of talent. Just no sing-a-song-kinda-talent.

exactly.
Just since this morning, I've seen him "singing" in several videos:
Beautiful (w/snoop), Some new Outkast song(taking place in Spain), and some song with Kanye West. :rolleyes:

Somebody oughtta let this guy in on the truth.

SilK
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:22 PM

Other people (besides you and others) seem to like it. Because he's selling the records and having the hits. :shrug:

It's just a matter of taste and opinion.

So, what 'truth' are you exactly talking about? :o

thalle
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:18 PM
Frontin'
Provider - he sings a lot on this and his voice is good.
Run to the sun

he has many great songs, not only well-produced, but good singing. He has a different type of voice, very light, but it's nice in the kind of music! But again, it's taste...

moon
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:05 PM
Other people (besides you and others) seem to like it. Because he's selling the records and having the hits. :shrug:

It's just a matter of taste and opinion.

So, what 'truth' are you exactly talking about? :o

The fact that he can't sing.
But I guess that's the state of the music industry these days.

RVD
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:19 PM
he's a good producer! :)That's all it is, really. :haha: Most of these producers think they can sing because they can also write and sometimes dance. But tell them 'no' and you don't get that new break-out hit that they promised. :lol:

harloo
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:27 PM
ROTF!! Moon I agree with you. Timbaland, Pharell, Teddy Riley, and P Diddy all get on my nerves when they sing or rap. They are great producers but should leave the rest to professionals.:lol: That's not saying much considering half of the singers today can't hold a note on stage.

RVD
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:54 PM
ROTF!! Moon I agree with you. Timbaland, Pharell, Teddy Riley, and P Diddy all get on my nerves when they sing or rap. They are great producers but should leave the rest to professionals. :lol: That's not saying much considering half of the singers today can't hold a note on stage....and why do most gansta rappers sound as if they got shot in the mouth? :lol: I'm like, "WTF did he just say?!"
I find myself repeating tracks for days, and still can't understand these fool. :tape: :lol:

moon
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:27 AM
ROTF!! Moon I agree with you. Timbaland, Pharell, Teddy Riley, and P Diddy all get on my nerves when they sing or rap. They are great producers but should leave the rest to professionals.:lol: That's not saying much considering half of the singers today can't hold a note on stage.

I think this is the main problem. I guess Pharell figures if Britney, Asheley, etc. can do it, why can't I? :lol:

oakkao
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:30 AM
...and why do most gansta rappers sound as if they got shot in the mouth? :lol: I'm like, "WTF did he just say?!"
I find myself repeating tracks for days, and still can't understand these fool. :tape: :lol:
Off topic... What's the purpose of your signature? :confused: You must be a real dickhead, because Cats Pajamas is one of the nicest guys you'll meet on this board. You come across as attention craving to me. You remind me of that other idiot, JigglyPuff. :)

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:35 AM
exactly.
Just since this morning, I've seen him "singing" in several videos:
Some new Outkast song(taking place in Spain), and some song with Kanye West. :rolleyes:

The new "Outkast" song is called Margarita. The lead vocalist is Sleepy Brown. Big Boi and Pharell also contribute. This one will likely be a late summer hit.
The song with Kanye West is called Number One.
This song is pretty boring to me.