PDA

View Full Version : MTV's 25th Birthday

Beefy
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:59 AM
25 years it is today since MTV first went on air. What are people's favourite moments of MTV? Do people think it's still good or that there's other music channels which are better?

My favourite moments would be Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora doing an unplugged performance of Livin' On A Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive at the 89 VMA's, which led to MTV Unplugged, and also Nirvana doing MTV Unplugged :worship: :worship:

I don't think it's as good as what it was a few years ago, I don't know about people overseas, but here in Australia there's hardly any music on it these days :(

Grohl
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:02 PM
25 years it is today since MTV first went on air. What are people's favourite moments of MTV? Do people think it's still good or that there's other music channels which are better?

My favourite moments would be Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora doing an unplugged performance of Livin' On A Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive at the 89 VMA's, which led to MTV Unplugged, and also Nirvana doing MTV Unplugged :worship: :worship:
I don't think it's as good as what it was a few years ago, I don't know about people overseas, but here in Australia there's hardly any music on it these days :(
that was one of the highlights!

Strangelove
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:06 PM
I don't think it's as good as what it was a few years ago, I don't know about people overseas, but here in Australia there's hardly any music on it these days :(Exactly. It can hardly be called MTV (MusicTeleVision) anymore. So as far as music channels go, not so great. But I still dig some of the reality stuff :o

Unplugged would probably be my favorite show. And Nirvana...yes, awesome.

Oneofakind0490
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:10 PM
I read a article that they arent doing anything for there birthday. Since the average viewer isnt 25:o I hope the article is wrong as they did make a list for most ground breaking videos.

Grohl
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:17 PM
I read a article that they arent doing anything for there birthday. Since the average viewer isnt 25:o I hope the article is wrong as they did make a list for most ground breaking videos.
kinda weird to let this b-day just pass without doing anything...

Beefy
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:19 PM
I remember 5 years ago they had all these cool docos on and just showing all these clips from the 20 years

Grohl
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
but we have MTV Holland at our place,
are we gonna see anything of it, if they have a celebration kinda thingy for it?

Oneofakind0490
Aug 1st, 2006, 01:18 PM
I read on another site that since mtv isnt celebrating VH1 classic will be showing the entire first day today. I don't have VH1 classic so I wont be watching:(

Albireo
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:07 PM
:bdaycake: To 25 years of suckitude!