PDA

View Full Version : Who has a PayPal account?

Kenny
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:04 AM
Ok, so I just got me a PayPal account -- mostly because I am a member of Pinecone Research and they offer payment through that, but also because I would like an alternative form of payment besides using my credit card.

How exactly does it work? Are you supposed to take funds from your account and put it in there, or is it ok to leave it with a zeroed out balance? (I mean, there will be money deposited in there, but does there have to be an initial deposit to make the account work..?)

Just curious. :)

Jakeev
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:07 AM
Ok, so I just got me a PayPal account -- mostly because I am a member of Pinecone Research and they offer payment through that, but also because I would like an alternative form of payment besides using my credit card.

How exactly does it work? Are you supposed to take funds from your account and put it in there, or is it ok to leave it with a zeroed out balance? (I mean, there will be money deposited in there, but does there have to be an initial deposit to make the account work..?)

Just curious. :)

I will tell you one thing. Be verrrrrrrrrrry careful with PayPal. I recently got "phished" by someone overseas using paypal and thankfully I caught in quick enough time before I lost a ton of dough.

Kenny
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM
Someone phished my account earlier this month for $149.35, and it pissed me off. (Needless to say.)

lol

(However, I do not think it had anything to do with PayPal.)

Jeff
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:24 AM
What do you guys mean by "phished?" Like someone stole money from your Paypal or did they still it from your banking account? And how did you guys discover it?

Kenny
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:26 AM
What do you guys mean by "phished?" Like someone stole money from your Paypal or did they still it from your banking account? And how did you guys discover it?

Phishing is when someone steals your credit card number and your other information online. They can then use that for their pleasure... until they get caught that is!

I just discovered it while reviewing my bank statement; I then called the bank, reported my card as stolen, and then called the company that charged it to get a refund.

Jakeev
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Someone phished my account earlier this month for $149.35, and it pissed me off. (Needless to say.)

lol

(However, I do not think it had anything to do with PayPal.)

No but they used the paypal Imo and when I got back from vacation July 4th week, my mind was still on vacation mode while I was using paypal and did not realize i was entering my information to a phony site.