PDA

View Full Version : HELP: DivX with subtitles playback

Mateo Mathieu
Aug 1st, 2006, 07:18 AM
I tried to understand how to process a movie with subtitles but apparently, I failed to understand or I missed something. I downloaded DirectVobSub and copy the file I wish to watch and renamed it with .srt at end, still show no subtitles. Someone told me the file has to HDTV which I did! :o What should I do? :tape:

It's 24 Season 5 - last 4 hours, if you want to know :rolleyes: I won't be here and watch those final 4 hours this week! :mad: I really desperate help! :help:

spyro
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:35 AM
If you have rename the video and subtitle file name into the same file name, but the subtitle still not working, Try to open the subs using Notepad, copy the content, open new notepad, paste the content, save as *.srt (or other subs ext)

Lady
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:42 AM
You should have an avi file and srt file, and they should have the exactly same name and in the same folder.
Then it will automatically play correctly.

Mateo Mathieu
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:51 AM
Umm, I did rename the video file but I didn't renamed the subtitle file. Where can I find the subtitle file? :o

controlfreak
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:19 AM
You need to download the subtitle file from a subtitle website (might be hard to find for a TV series). You can't just magically make subtitles appear by renaming the video with .srt!
Also if the episodes are very recent it will be hard to find subs. I just looked on a site and they had "24" subs for seasons 1-4 only.

jrm
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:25 AM
avi format movie + .srt file (subtitel) + bs player = :yeah:

controlfreak
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:25 AM
ok, I found it and I'm feeling generous:

1. go here: http://www.hot.ee/subland/
2. download "24 - Season 5 - Eng.ace"
3. unpack with Winzip or Winrar
4. voila!