PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I'm wrong but... Vaidisova top-10 this week?

Lemonskin.
Jul 31st, 2006, 09:42 PM
I believe Vaidisova is set to become top-10 this week. With Pierce losing her points from last year and Myskina beig only 30-ish points above Nicole, Nicole would only have to win a round or two to become top-10?

She certainly should make the quarters at least you'd think, and she'd make it to the 10 with that result.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:42 PM
:woohoo:

Chewie
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:54 PM
Yes, reaching quarters she'll gain 74 points and go over Myskina and Davenport to 10th, if Pierce doesn't win the tournament Vaidi would be 9th.
However, according to my calculations if Pierce defeats Hingis in the final, that would get Vaidi to 11th...well, it's a possibility :D
Thenagain she could do better than quarters, or worse...

Junex
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:58 AM
And so therefore, as i reckon, Nicole will enter Top 10 before US Open!!!!

416_Man
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:47 AM
Vaidisova is losing points from her QF in Toronto last yr.

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:49 AM
she'll be there soon enough

AlanaStarr
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:56 AM
Vaidisova will be a huge force in tennis and this is only the biginning, She is the new Lindsay Davenport !

mboyle
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:12 AM

Not this week though:wavey: .

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:44 AM
:woohoo: YAY Niki! Well earned!

Kunal
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:35 AM
well sooner or later for sure

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:01 AM
i think she will get there this week i cant see anyone beating her before quarters and i definitely dont see Pierce winning title

frenchie
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:03 AM
I think she has to reach the QF
Otherwise Nastya will be top 10!!!

Chewie
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:16 AM
That's unless she defends those points successfully. She's scheduled to play in Toronto.
If she now gets to quarters, she will have to play well to defend her top tenner status, she has fair amount of points to defend for the rest of the year, but so have others:

Pierce should keep going down, unless she defends her points from San Diego W, USO F etc...
Davenport doesn't have points to defend before USO(QF 2005), so could gain some points, if she plays, but after that she has a load of tournament wins and points to defend. She would have to play extremely well to even hold her ranking position.
Safina, despite having a surprise loss yesterday, might get hovering around 10 too. Hingisova will make top10 in near future, she has no points to defend and should be able to top Vaidisova's ranking soon.
I look at my year-end-crystal-ball and see Nicole topping Myskina, Schnyder, Davenport, Pierce... Wait, I see a number... It's 6, no it's 01, unclear, what this means? Wait, I'm holding the ball upside down...

frenchie
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:26 AM
^don't forget Lindsay has her New Haven and Bali title to defend in the near future!
I don't see Safina and Vaidisova finishing in the top 10.I think they'll battle for the 11-12 spots

Ksenia.
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:43 AM
Great! :)

Chewie
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:46 AM
^don't forget Lindsay has her New Haven and Bali title to defend in the near future!

Ok, New Haven is before USO, my bad. But Lindsay could add some points from Toronto cause it's before New Haven...After Toronto she'd have her hands full defending points though; New Haven win, USO QF...Bali, Filderstadt and Zurich wins.

Slumpsova
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:14 AM
Yay Nicole :banana:
i know you can do it :hug: