PDA

View Full Version : Another tournament Another 1st round exit from Makiri!

The_Pov
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:23 PM
:sad: She needs help, fast.

She'll soon find her 18th best tournament result will be a 1st round exit.

I don't want to be mean because I am a fan but atm she doesn't deserve to be in the top 30. Players far below her are getting better results.

frenchie
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:24 PM
maybe she's just not as good as we thought :sad:

MH0861
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:26 PM

I don't want to be mean because I am a fan but atm she doesn't deserve to be in the top 30. Players far below her are getting better results.

I thought most of this was stemming from her recurring knee injury, wasn't it? Maybe she just needs time to get back into form... drawing Jankovic first round is certainly as bad a draw as it could be. She played pretty well in the first few months of the year.

azdaja
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:27 PM
i like her, but i'm not surprised by this at all.

JackFrost
She is still young. Her time will come. :)

The_Pov
maybe she's just not as good as we thought :sad:
That's what I'm thinking :sad:

But she started the year so well, taking Lindsay to 3 sets twice, taking Maria to 3 sets and beating Nadia.

But she's now currently on a 2 or 3 1st round loss streak!

Derek.
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:30 PM
She needs to get a coach.

Her serve isn't holding up these days.

She'll find her way back on track soon.

Jogi
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:32 PM
yeah and that sucks :(
I loved her macthes against ALG at Beijing and F.-open, find back to form soon Maria, please

The_Pov
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:33 PM
She needs to get a coach.

Her serve isn't holding up these days.

She'll find her way back on track soon.

She has no weapons whatsoever and she's like a lost puppy on court. She needs a coach but whether or not she gets one will be up to her father (who sacked their last one)

Uranus
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:34 PM
She deserves to be in the top 30 (plus she's nearly in the top 20).

It's just a bad draw for her.

Paul.
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:35 PM
she really needs to do something - im gonna check her record for this year. i hope its just a slump. she looked so promising :sad:

The_Pov
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:39 PM
She deserves to be in the top 30 (plus she's nearly in the top 20).

It's just a bad draw for her.

And what about her last few tournaments? She's been having early exits since the start of the clay court season.

For all the "glass is half full" types, the only positives we can take from this is that from now until the us open she has only 2 wins to defend from last year

gmak
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:39 PM
slump continues...

and hard courts is supposed to be her best surface :shrug:

azdaja
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:41 PM
i think she deserves to be in the top 30, but she needs to show more if she is to be a top 20 player or more. that has always been my opinion on her.

Paul.
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:41 PM
actually looking at her results this year it doesnt seem as bad as people are making out. ok so her last 3 tourneys have been bad but its not too bad. we've seen worse this year

The_Pov
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:45 PM
Just looked up her results so far this year and:

-This is her 5th 1 round exit
-Her last 3 tournaments have been 1st round exits
-Out of her last 5 tournaments she's had 4 1st round losses
-4 of those losses have been to players ranked below her

Paul.
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:49 PM
Just looked up her results so far this year and:

-This is her 5th 1 round exit
-Her last 3 tournaments have been 1st round exits
-Out of her last 5 tournaments she's had 4 1st round losses
-4 of those losses have been to players ranked below her
true but it seems like its only her grass court record that screams :help: to me :shrug:

her loss to santangelo was nothing to be ashamed of. i watched that match and mara played well. of course kiri should have won but c'est la vie

the beginning of her year was very very good :)

ZAK
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:55 PM
Well you can't judge how good someone is based soley on their results. Look at her game and assess how good you think she is.

I personally think she has a lot of talent. She's fast, has variety, and has learned to hit with more power, but she's a hit a slump. I can't really guess why, because I haven't seen any of her matches recently

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 31st, 2006, 08:47 PM
it was Masha's 1xt match in 6 weeks also and she played a player in form.

Masha will be back, just needs a win to get her going again.

adam_ads_n
Jul 31st, 2006, 08:50 PM
well...she will finally wake up. It's so sure!

Some players had bad times in their career. i remember Marta losing everything in the first rounds in US last year, and then some good performances including Beijing semi-final.

Good luck Maria and find a form soon :)

Uranus
Jul 31st, 2006, 08:53 PM
And what about her last few tournaments? She's been having early exits since the start of the clay court season.

For all the "glass is half full" types, the only positives we can take from this is that from now until the us open she has only 2 wins to defend from last year
Well, Nicole Vaidisova had a big slump before winning Strasbourg then reaching the SF @ RG.
Why not Makiki? :D

Viktymise
Jul 31st, 2006, 08:54 PM
After RG she was barely won a match maybe she's having personal problems

furrykitten
Jul 31st, 2006, 08:55 PM
I hope Maria can turn around her bad form, its so sad to keep seeing her lose :hug:
Please get a new coach! :(

Jakeev
Jul 31st, 2006, 08:56 PM

They call her Makiri?

The_Pov
Jul 31st, 2006, 09:56 PM
They call her Makiri?

Yeah that's her nickname, along with Small Masha!

Il Primo!
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:14 PM
Nothing surprising, she's not that good and I'm still quite surprised some of you tend to think she's top 10 material :o ...But her skirts still look amazing...

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:39 PM
it was a tough draw-jankovic seems to be back to her best form
everyone has a rough patch at times, im sure her results will pick up soon

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:39 PM
:(

Derek.
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:40 PM
Nothing surprising, she's not that good and I'm still quite surprised some of you tend to think she's top 10 material :o ...But her skirts still look amazing...

She's got a lot of talent. If you can't see that then you aren't a tennis fan. :wavey:

Il Primo!
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:50 PM
She's got a lot of talent. If you can't see that then you aren't a tennis fan. :wavey:

Talent doesn't do everything, sorry. She seriously lacks power, and I personally see nothing in her eyes when she plays, sorry, that's how I see her.

And I saw more talented players so far..Sorry, she's nothing but an average player to me. Beeing ranked 20 is well for her. And we all know these girls ranked in the top20 lack consistency. So I expect her to have lots of ups and down. So it's not that surprising too me.

She will never reach the top ten IMO, in spite of some people tend to think

LegionArgentina
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:54 PM
Makiri :sad:

Derek.
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:37 AM
Talent doesn't do everything, sorry. She seriously lacks power, and I personally see nothing in her eyes when she plays, sorry, that's how I see her.

And I saw more talented players so far..Sorry, she's nothing but an average player to me. Beeing ranked 20 is well for her. And we all know these girls ranked in the top20 lack consistency. So I expect her to have lots of ups and down. So it's not that surprising too me.

She will never reach the top ten IMO, in spite of some people tend to think

She doesn't "seriously" lack power. She can still hit winners on any player. Not every player wants to just smack the ball. And she challenged a lot of the top players even though, according to you, she "seriously" lacks power. :rolleyes:

Il Primo!
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:45 AM
She doesn't "seriously" lack power. She can still hit winners on any player. Not every player wants to just smack the ball. And she challenged a lot of the top players even though, according to you, she "seriously" lacks power. :rolleyes:

Her shots can be fast but not powerful, it's totally different.
Myskina has one of the fastest shots but they're not really powerful for instance ;)

And Hingis can also hit winners on any players ;)

Derek.
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:53 AM
Myskina has one of the fastest shots but they're not really powerful for instance ;)

:scratch:

switz
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:55 AM
i don't make a habit of writing players off because of a few matches, although she was never going to be a top 5 player IMO. I think she can still improve though because she does everthing quite well but just needs to get some more consistency from match to match.

Dan23
Aug 1st, 2006, 01:12 AM
Everyones allowed a bad patch here and there. Maria had made her way to the top 20 for the 1st time earlier in the year. She is constantly troubled by her knee which I think may be in need of surgery to correct, it seems to never repair. There has also been an offcourt distraction with trouble between her parents and her former coach. Its hard to say if that is having any effect though. Just give her time I think she can return to form...this is usually her favourite time of the year.

She has no weapons whatsoever and she's like a lost puppy on court. She needs a coach but whether or not she gets one will be up to her father (who sacked their last one)not true

Dan23
Aug 1st, 2006, 01:13 AM

please explain the physics of this ;)

Derek.
Aug 1st, 2006, 01:26 AM
Yes MrKnowItAll, please share us with some of your knowledge. :D

BoucharDRules
Aug 1st, 2006, 01:27 AM
Poor Maria. :sad:

Well, this loss isn't so bad, it's not like she lost to a no-name. A pretty good match-up for round 1.

Mightymirza
Aug 1st, 2006, 01:28 AM
well she hasnt played for a while..Injured,I guess!! Sure she will pick it up!!

wukenaihe
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:19 AM
she need a real coach :o :mad:

anyway, any pics? :lick:

UDACHi
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:41 AM
: kirlenkoverrated :

ps- jankovic kicks major ass.