PDA

View Full Version : Dean Goldfine

ZAK
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Tati's new coach. ESPN interviewed him a bit during her semi-final in Stanford. He has worked with Andy Roddick ,Todd Martin, and Mary Joe Fernandez. I think it will be a great partnership

yukon145
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:15 PM
what did he say in the interview? is this a long term deal?

ZAK
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:17 PM
what did he say in the interview? is this a long term deal?

He talked about how she was playing in the match (a little unsure of what she wanted to do). Tati said they are working to together for atleast the summer hardcourt season and then see how it goes; it seems like its going pretty well though.

yukon145
Jul 30th, 2006, 11:57 PM
thanks zak. goldfine didnt say if they are going to work on any certain areas of her game did he?

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:39 AM
thanks zak. goldfine didnt say if they are going to work on any certain areas of her game did he?

The interview was just the courtside reporter talking to Goldfine and then relaying what he said to the main announcers. Goldfine was talking about adjustments she needed to make as the Schnyder match was going on.

Harju.
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:31 PM
So her partnership with Tarik is not working out? Tati is dumping coach in less than a year. Now that's something :lol:. Hopefully, Goldfine can polish her forehand into a killer weapon :drool:.

Tis
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:49 PM
That's good news for her. :) What do you think that she will improve with her new coach?
my expectations:
-To be more solid as a volley player
-Learn to not loose her concentration and to keep fighting when it's turn bad
other thing?

ZAK
Jul 31st, 2006, 06:55 PM
Tis, I think the concentration part will be something for sure. And its an added bonus to have agood coach now, because at Montreal and New Haven, on-court will be allowed.

I think they will add on added variety too

Havok
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:04 AM
I think hiring Goldfine is good for Tati. He worked wonders for Andy's fitness and made him as fit as he ever was (and he's still keeping it up!) and that's very important for Golovin right now. He also worked Andy's all around abilities, which is another thing Golovin needs to polish. I don't think this will be a very long term deal (Dean is a great coach, but not one you would keep for years on end) but Tatiana should learn a great deal from him.:)

ZAK
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:32 PM
I wonder whats happening post Sand Diego first round loss. Hopefully a lot of hard work, although she still has doubles to compete in.

rseto
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:08 PM
i sure hope they'll continue working together for an extended period of time; definitely until the end of this year. maybe with brad working with murray and the lta, tati will have to stick with a coach. in the past, it seemed that tati would talk with brad when she needed help but it's going to be a lot tougher to do that now.

and i agree with Naldo that goldfine can really help tati with her fitness. maybe improved fitness will help her in some of these matches.

ZAK
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:23 PM
I hope Dean really has a plan for Tati after the loss so something similar doesn't happen in LA. I definitely agree that she has to work on her fitness; I get the feeling she doesn't do much off-court training

rseto
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:45 AM
from her bio on the wtatour website.

Currently working w/Dean Goldfine for the summer

ZAK
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:21 AM
They've split. Apparently, differing opinions. I hope she gets a new coach soon, because I feel better when she has one lol

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Tati has to mature... she cannot switch coaches weekly (as if they were boyfriends) :rolleyes: And looks like her entourage (aka mommy Golovin) isn't helping either, they should give her some type of advice instead of leaving all the decisions to Tati, she's still too young.

ZAK
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
I think it would be best if she traveled with any random FFT (they're pretty good, right?) to tournaments, and then trained with someone like Harold Soloman while in Florida.

FrenchY52
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:24 PM
She said : " I want to work with someone who bring me TO THE TOP " . As she said she must find the good person. I dont want her to finish like Kournikova.

Tati and her trainers : "The young and the restless" - Les feux de l'amour . to follow
http://www.coucoucircus.org/series/images-series/feuxdelamour.jpg

rseto
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:55 PM
shouldn't they have talked about this beforehand instead of finding out three weeks later? maybe she should just stick with working on fitness now. there shouldn't be any differing opinions about that!

agree about tati's mom giving her advice. i don't think she's traveling with tati but in the past, it seemed that her mom gave a calming presence to tati both on and off the court.

selyoink
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Tati has already gotten rid of Goldfine? Damn the girl needs a coach. She needs to give that coach time as well. Her results are hardly good enough to warrant not having a coach.

Harju.
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:47 PM
WTF was that? 3 weeks? Different opinion? :tape:
I bet they split after SD. Tati looked pissed during the match and so did Dean.

Tati needs to grow up and suck it up.
If she wants to be TOP player like she claimed to be, she needs a coach.

Harju.
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
She said : " I want to work with someone who bring me TO THE TOP " . As she said she must find the good person. I dont want her to finish like Kournikova.

Tati and her trainers : "The young and the restless" - Les feux de l'amour . to follow
http://www.coucoucircus.org/series/images-series/feuxdelamour.jpg
At this point, Kournikova >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Golovin. :tape:

FrenchY52
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Yes, V-lix, that's said in Lequipe that they split after San Diego match. Why doesn't Mommy Lioudmila tell her why she needs a coach !?

ZAK
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Well atleast she is getting fitter on her own. She definitely looked better in Montreal than in San Diego

Harju.
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Well atleast she is getting fitter on her own. She definitely looked better in Montreal than in San Diego
I'm really not too worried about the fitness part.
True, she looked fitter. She prolly stopped eating McD.
She needs a coach to evaluate her game. Or else, she'd prolly just hang around top 30.

ZAK
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I think she needs a coach more to be a watchdog, to make sure she is doing the right things. The technique is there, she just needs to get it together mentally and physically. When Tati was a junior and first hit the tour, her movement was a strength and she needs that back. Its easier to do more things with the ball when you get there earlier

yukon145
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:38 PM
i agree Tati needs to suck it up and get into top shape again, and hire a coach. yes it will take time but she also has to realize that shes about to hit her prime as a tennis player and she better not waste those years.

ZAK
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Well according to reports, they were back together at New Haven!

yukon145
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Well according to reports, they were back together at New Haven!

i just heard it was a coach, but they didnt give a name. where did you hear that it was Goldfine?

ZAK
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:36 PM
i just heard it was a coach, but they didnt give a name. where did you hear that it was Goldfine?

The poster said it was the same guy he/she saw Tati with in Cincy

Harju.
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I supposed Dean is her temporary coach until she finds a new coach? Or they have one month notice thing :lol: