PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate way to save the WTA!!!

The_Pov
Jul 30th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Whilst intoxicated last night me and a friend worked out how to save the WTA. You'll have to step outside the box for this.

1. First thing is first, scrap the current form of tournament, instead you'll have 2 shows a week: The monday show and the Friday one.

2. Instead of having draws there will be a schedule of matches for each show.

3. Players can come down to the court and trash talk/challenege players for matches or titles.

4. There will only be 5 singles titles: The World Champion, Wimbledon Champion, US Champion, Roland Garros Champion, Ozzy Champion.

5. Doubles matches will be called Tag Team matches and there will be a Tag Team title.

6. To win a title you will have to challenge the current holder and win the match. You will be able to win 2 titles if the current champion has 2.

7. Introduce 2 against 1 matches.

8. More Trash talking.

9. Ring side commentators.

10. Random players can run on court and help whoever they want, (though may cause disqualification in some matches)

11. Anything goes matches.

12. Umpires called Referees and have to wear black and white.

This is still a work in progress!

Viktymise
Jul 30th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Sounds a bit like the WWE wrestling :lol:

burt
Jul 30th, 2006, 06:16 PM
this is reason why nobody take seriously what any sharapova fans ever say, well done :rolleyes:

cellophane
Jul 30th, 2006, 06:17 PM
How about a mudfight between Maria and Serena? :tape:

Kimmi
Jul 30th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I like the trash talking idea. WTA needs more trash-talking.

Dunno about the commentators though, I quite like them being in a wee box out of the way where we don't actually have to see them.

Marcus Jordan
Jul 30th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Only way to save the WTA is make it compulsory to wear lingerie under skirts. :ras: :tennis:

*JR*
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I like the trash talking idea. WTA needs more trash-talking.

Don't laugh. The mens tour really milked Connors, McEnroe, Nastase, Tiriac, etc. doing that back when. ;)

ico4498
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:46 PM
add some baby oil, skimpier clothing, poles ... oops, already got that at my local bare butt joint.

BoucharDRules
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:42 PM
You forgot about "Bra and Panties" matches. :lol:

terjw
Jul 30th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Whilst intoxicated last night me and a friend worked out how to save the WTA. You'll have to step outside the box for this.

1. First thing is first, scrap the current form of tournament, instead you'll have 2 shows a week: The monday show and the Friday one.

2. Instead of having draws there will be a schedule of matches for each show.

3. Players can come down to the court and trash talk/challenege players for matches or titles.

4. There will only be 5 singles titles: The World Champion, Wimbledon Champion, US Champion, Roland Garros Champion, Ozzy Champion.

5. Doubles matches will be called Tag Team matches and there will be a Tag Team title.

6. To win a title you will have to challenge the current holder and win the match. You will be able to win 2 titles if the current champion has 2.

7. Introduce 2 against 1 matches.

8. More Trash talking.

9. Ring side commentators.

10. Random players can run on court and help whoever they want, (though may cause disqualification in some matches)

11. Anything goes matches.

12. Umpires called Referees and have to wear black and white.

This is still a work in progress!

:lol: :lol: I like it. Just a few more thoughts though:

Fireworks and explosions when the players enter.

For some important matches they should have special guest referees who are totally biased to one player. Even when the ball is out by miles - if the guest referee doesn't call it out - then it's in.

If the referee is distracted or asleep - play still goes on and you can still win points. But you can't actually win a matchpoint until the referee has come back to life. The referee has to be there to give you that point.

If a player is disqualified - she loses the match but not the title if she holds it. So a good tactic for the the Wimbledon champion would be to lose her challenge match the following year by getting DQ'd - she would then still keep her title.

Also the WTA players are all encouraged to go courtside to the ATP matches and support their man. Typically they should also try to distract the other player when their man is in trouble in any way they can - allowing their man to serve when the other player is distracted and win the point. This is particularly a great way to win a matchpoint.