PDA

View Full Version : Mary without David...

stefi62
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Here is an article published this morning in the main sports newspaper in France, L'Equipe. Sorry for the translation, did my best.

Pierce with no coach

Mary Pierce, who is about to make her come back on the Tour next week in San Diego after about 6 months, won’t be there with her brother David.
For a month, the latter preferred to stay in Paris, putting an end, for the moment, to their collaboration.
“For the moment, he wants to be left alone, quiet, explains his sister. He wants to know what he really wanna do. I am not mad at him at all, that’s his life that matters.”
Since then, Pierce activates her networks (family or professional wia Team Lagardère) to try to find a coach and should soon seek help through the French Tennis Federation to help her leaving that dead end.
“In San Diego, I could count on a few friends and a sparring partner I know,. But I cannot consider remaining by myself on the Tour for tournaments such as Montréal or US Open.”

Pierce sans coach
Mary Pierce, qui va effectuer la semaine prochaine à San Diego son grand retour sur le circuit après près de 6 mois d'absence, ne sera pas secondée par son frère David.
Depuis un mois, ce dernier a préféré rester à Paris, mettant pour l'heure un terme à la collaboration familiale.
"Il veut pour l'instant rester seul, tranquille, explique sa soeur. Il cherche à savoir ce qu'il veut faire. Je ne lui en veux pas du tout, c'est sa vie qui compte."
Depuis, Pierce active ses réseaux familiaux ou professionnels (Team Lagardère) pour tenter de trouver un accompagnateur et devrait également contacter rapidement la fédération française pour l'aider à sortir de cette impasse.
"A San Diego, je pourrai compter sur quelques amis et un sparring-partner que je connais. Mais je n'envisage pas de rester seule sur le circuit pour des tournois comme Montréal ou l'US Open."

Mark Spruce
Jul 28th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks Stefi for this.

I guess what David just needs time on his own to figure out some stuff. Which i guess he could not do if he was travelling with Mary.

I am so glad that it did end for the moment on good terms. And what I get from this, there is still a chance maybe in the future they will team up again.

I want to thank David again so much for what he has done for Mary !!

regards

Mark

pierce_fanatic
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:10 PM
oh no, this is sad news :sad:

they worked so well together but i can understand where David is coming from.

i hope Mary can find a new coach asap and a coach who can help her maintain her form from last year.

MistyGrey
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:24 PM
:sad: But I can understand David.
Is Craig Cardon (spelling?) available? The 3 best coaches Mary has had have been David, Sven and Craig. I dont think Mary and Sven parted ways on good terms... that leaves Craig... or Nick Boulleteri perhaps, although I am not a fan of his..

squig2k
Jul 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
awww david, he was so great with mary. hope she can find a suitable coach now to help get her back to the top!

Mark Spruce
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I wonder if Steffi Graf's old coach is still around

Yeah I agree David was amazing with Mary !!

Frenchragazzo
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I wonder if Steffi Graf's old coach is still around

Yeah I agree David was amazing with Mary !!

According to the article, Mary is looking for a French coach ;)

Mark Spruce
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Oh right OK ;)

I hope that Mary finds a super French coach !!!

According to the article, Mary is looking for a French coach ;)

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I'm sure David has problems with his fiancée :eek:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I'm sure David has problems with his fiancée :eek:

But I'm not sure he has one !!

Perhaps he just wanna found one ... and so he needs time to search a girl and then, he will take her with him to follow Mary all over the world !

Hurry Up David, find a girl and be back as a coach !

He's cute and seems to be a nice gentleman so ... hmm ... I think he needs 3 or 4 days to find a great and beautiful French future Wife !

Perhaps he will have enought time to be beside Mary before the end of SDiego :lol:

Jackaboo
Jul 28th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I'm happy that Mary is coming back, but I'm a little sad that it won't be with David. They seemed to work so well toguether, and there seemed to be so much love between them, we just knew that Mary was safe and happy with her brother on her side.
I hope that David will find whatever makes him happy in life, he's been more than great with Mary and I wish him well.
And I hope that Mary will be able to find a coach that will as good to her as David was.

Mark Spruce
Jul 28th, 2006, 09:44 PM
:worship::worship::worship: LOL

Yes I hope he find what ever he wants very quickly !!!

Well my future French wife it will no longer happen. As she is now engaged to a Pilot :sad::sad::sad: ;););)

regards

Mark

Perhaps he just wanna found one ... and so he needs time to search a girl and then, he will take her with him to follow Mary all over the world !

Hurry Up David, find a girl and be back as a coach !

He's cute and seems to be a nice gentleman so ... hmm ... I think he needs 3 or 4 days to find a great and beautiful French future Wife !

Perhaps he will have enought time to be beside Mary before the end of SDiego :lol:

Scotso
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:53 AM
:sad:

Scotso
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:53 AM
I'll date David :hearts:

ashwu
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:54 AM
it's good for him i guess. it's quite understandable, although we all hope he and mary could team forever.

Lu_Weird
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:49 AM

LoL

Mark Spruce
Jul 29th, 2006, 09:14 AM
:hearts::hearts:

squig2k
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:10 PM
david is really cool :p
he had a calming effect on mary i think