PDA

View Full Version : Tati rocks L.A.!

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 26th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Kuznetsova, Hantuchova, Golovin Enter Carson
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/GolovinMiami06SMULLANE.JPG
Photo By Susan Mullane By Tennis Week
07/25/2006

The field for Carson is getting crowded. Svetlana Kuznetsova, Daniela Hantuchova and Tatiana Golovin have all committed to competing in the JPMorgan Chase Open in Carson, California. The trio join Maria Sharapova, Nadia Petrova, Elena Dementieva, Venus Williams and Serena Williams on the entry list for the U.S. Open Series event, scheduled for August 7-13.

If all of those players actually do compete they will form one of the strongest JPMorgan Chase Open (http://www.jpmorganchaseopen.com/index.shtml) fields in recent years.

"These additional players will make this year's field among the strongest ever for Los Angeles' only stop on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour," said tournament director Bill Peterson. "With this outstanding group of players all tuning up for the U.S. Open, our fans are sure in for great tennis action."

Kuznetsova beat top-seeded Amelie Mauresmo 6-1, 6-4, in the Nasdaq-100 Open semifinals before stopping Sharapova, 6-4, 6-3, to capture the Tier I Miami title in April. The 2004 U.S. Open champion advanced to the French Open final in June before bowing to defending champion Justine Henin-Hardenne, 6-4, 6-4. Kuznetsova has advanced to at least the quarterfinals in 11 of the 13 tournaments she's entered this year in posting a 39-12 record.

Hantuchova contested the 2005 Carson final, falling to Kim Clijsters, 6-4, 6-1. Hantuchova advanced to the fourth round of the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon this year and has a 21-14 record in singles matches this year.

The 32nd-ranked Golovin was sidelined several weeks after injuring her ankle in the Miami semifinal against Sharapova. Golovin is 1-3 in three tournament appearances since Miami and has compiled a 13-11 record on the season.

Ai Sugiyama, Anabel Medina Garrigues, Shahar Peer (Israel), Shuai Peng, Sania Mirza, Akiko Morigami and Virginia Ruano Pascual have also entered the Carson field. For ticket information, please call (877) AEG-TICKETS (1-877-234-8425) or visit www.jpmorganchaseopen.com (http://www.jpmorganchaseopen.com/).

New_balls_please
Jul 26th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Go Tati!!! :hearts:

Harju.
Jul 26th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Tati is whoring the US summer hardcourts :hearts:

Ranking points :drool:

selyoink
Jul 26th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Go Tati

martirogi
Jul 26th, 2006, 11:16 PM
cmon tats. you need some good wins.

UDACHi
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Tati is whoring the US summer hardcourts :hearts:

Ranking points :drool:

death.

allez tati! :bounce:

ZAK
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:00 PM
With the early exit in San Diego, Tati shouls be very prepared for this event

Craigy
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:52 AM
:hearts: I hope she does well here!

willrock
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:16 PM
*fingers crossed for the draw tonight*

Lulu.
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Good luck Tati play your best!

ZAK
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:56 AM
She's not in the draw :confused:

JackWalker
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:09 AM
yup. she's not in the draw. same thing as last year. what a bummer. i really want to see her play live here. :(. she really should have played.

Harju.
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Withdrawn. :o

Hopefully it's not injury or anything. I hope she just takes time off to train with Goldfine to fix her fitness. Hope she plays Montreal now. *crosses finger*

rseto
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:56 AM
why does she make all these late decisions on playing tournaments or not? anyway, i also hope that she is taking the time to work out and this isn't injury related. i would have preferred her playing here rather than montreal, if she enters, since everybody is going to be in montreal.

ZAK
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:14 AM
who is entered in a tournament hardly matters as far as Tati is concerned at this point. that only matters when you can beat Amy Frazier types on a consistent basis.

i'm hopeful that she is taking some time off to train and goldfine is helping he along. i'd think there is a possibility of her entering the candian open since she has played it the last two years, but we probably won't know until the draw comes out thanks to the WTA's new policies.

rseto
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:33 AM
who is entered in a tournament hardly matters as far as Tati is concerned at this point. that only matters when you can beat Amy Frazier types on a consistent basis.

yeah but i would still prefer frazier 10 times out of 10 rather than a top 10 player in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Lulu.
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Tati :sad:

UDACHi
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:47 AM
cmon fatty when are you gunna start whoreing. we need ranking points. :fiery:

yukon145
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:28 PM
im assuming and hopeful that Tati is just tired and resting and not really injured again. she played FED Cup in France, rushed to the US to play in Ohio, made the semis the stanford, and then plays again this week.

shes gotta be tired, remember that shes still coming back from a long injury time off. she probally should have taken this week off to rest and then played LA instead. oh well, i hope shes just resting and not hurt. she will hopefully be playing again soon in either canada or else new haven.

Craigy
Aug 7th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Well she has played a lot so I am pretty sure she's just tired.
right? :unsure:

selyoink
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:42 AM
I'm a little sad she isn't playing but I hope she is working on getting into top shape.

Harju.
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:47 PM
im assuming and hopeful that Tati is just tired and resting and not really injured again. she played FED Cup in France, rushed to the US to play in Ohio, made the semis the stanford, and then plays again this week.

shes gotta be tired, remember that shes still coming back from a long injury time off. she probally should have taken this week off to rest and then played LA instead. oh well, i hope shes just resting and not hurt. she will hopefully be playing again soon in either canada or else new haven.
Agreed. She should have withdrawn from SD and enters LA considering the field is weaker @ LA and she would have had more time to rest. Bad scheduling again from the management.

According to TBE, Tati's still on the next in MD if anyone withdraws in Montreal, from Friday's list. I'd keep you guys updated again tomorrow. Thanks TBE :angel:

rseto
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
According to TBE, Tati's still on the next in MD if anyone withdraws in Montreal, from Friday's list. I'd keep you guys updated again tomorrow. Thanks TBE :angel:

thanks for the update! feel free to add to the schedule thread if you hear any rumors about tati's post us open plans. ;) :lol:

ZAK
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Her fans keep saying Patty isn't playing Montreal, so that could be the one withdrawl Tati needs