PDA

View Full Version : Holly Parkinson?

kournikovafan13
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:47 AM
What has happened to her? Just a year ago she was in the top 100 and winning Grand Slam main draw matches and now I hear news of her retiring? Just last week she was crushed in the quarters of a 10k tournament. Is it injury? Marriage? Lack of committment or love for the game?:confused:

Berlin_Calling
Jun 1st, 2002, 01:49 AM
I believe she is getting married :)

MLF
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Actually just after Holly made the top 100 area she broke her wrist and obviously needed a lot of time of. She's been struggling ever since.

Randy H
Jun 5th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Holly will be retiring after the summer. Right now she's mainly just playing for fun, she's getting married and was also offered a coaching job somewhere so nice to see she is at least staying involved with tennis. :)

Shame about the injury though, she had moved up nicely and was really improving, but I guess things have worked out for her in the long run anyway which is good to hear. :)

Tennis124
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Yes, she is getting married during Wimbledon in the US

tim4
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:20 AM
It was 2 years ago at Wimbledon that I first came across Holly, and I thought she had the potential to do well. She nearly made the 3rd round of Aus Open '01, but since then has underperformed. However, let me just wish her well for her future endeavours.

V.Melb
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:19 AM
I remember they showed one of her matches on t.v against Evie Dominikovic i think.
Holly had a Medium strength baseline game. No real weapons... Very nice looking forehand though, she coult flatten it out quite nicely. :)