PDA

View Full Version : Mary's Best Tournaments 05/06

squig2k
Jul 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I thought it would be good to remember Mary's best tournaments from when she was in amazing form last year (and in Paris). Which tournament do you guys think she had the best run in?

squig2k
Jul 20th, 2006, 03:33 PM
For me its the end of tour championships. Mary had such a fine run from May and was consistently reaching finals and beating top players, and the tour championships is when I think she showed everyone just how good she was, beating Dementieva, Kim, Mauresmo and Davenport that amazing week.
I felt she also deserved to win the tournament; it was so close in the final set but she was gracious as ever in accepting defeat.

pierce_fanatic
Jul 20th, 2006, 03:43 PM
YEC 2005, I loved watching her beat Clijsters, Dementieva, Mauresmo and then Davenport.

Even though she lost to Amelie in the final, i thought she had an excellent championships.

Paul.
Jul 20th, 2006, 05:05 PM
yeah i voted for YEC aswell. i remember i got up at something like 3:00am to watch the match against clijsters and she was a break down in the third. i woke up the next morning to check tellytext and i was so happy that she won!!! great memories :yeah:

if she had won the finals it would have been the icing on the cake but i just wasnt her day. i watched the first 2 sets and then had to go to bed (it was already light outside)

at least she played very well (unlike FO and USO)

miss her so much :sad:

Sund7101
Jul 21st, 2006, 12:43 AM
I want to vote for all of them. She played so well in all of those tournaments.

Roland Garros- Fun to see her back playing well and very fit, her favorite tournament and a great run!

Wimbledon- Had Venus the second set.

San Diego- Another tier I title to her name.

US Open- Great wins over JHH, Amelie, and Lena wow, some awesome tennis!

Moscow- Saving 6 match points against Elena L. to come back and then go on to win the title, amazing!

YEC- Great wins, great times enough said.

Miss you Mary, come back soon and make more of these incredible memories!

Andy.
Jul 21st, 2006, 12:49 AM
Either the US Open or the YEC she has huge wins over players she had trouble with in the past.

Lu_Weird
Jul 21st, 2006, 02:47 AM
It's hard to choose...I think both Moscow and YEC are tremendouse good

RJWCapriati
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:45 AM
The Tour Championships - though I loved her at the U.S. Open! She was so close to winning the title - it would have been magical for her to cap of the year with the win.

DomenicDemaria
Jul 25th, 2006, 07:41 AM
I love them all :lol:

French Open: Amazing. COmpletely shocked she made the fianl but so happy to see her doing well again.
US Open: Played some amazing tennis proving the french wasn't a fluke. Beating Henin was the biggest highlight.
Moscow: Because she came back for 6-0 in the third set tiebreak. A match that left me breathless literally because I was so shocked she won. The win put her back in the top 5.
YEC: She played amazing tennis. Lost in an amazing final and really got me excited for this year. :sad:

This thread was good to bring back good old memories of Mary since the recent ones have been sad. Hopefully she will be back next week even if she is only playing doubles!