PDA

View Full Version : Tati Schools Her Opponents at Stanford!

rseto
Jul 18th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Tati is now entered at the Bank of the West in Stanford. Wonder if she is still going to Cincinnati? I think she should skip it.

http://www.bankofthewestclassic.com/2006playerentries.html

yukon145
Jul 18th, 2006, 12:48 AM
glad she entered another event, hope she won't be too tired though.

Harju.
Jul 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Smart choice. Stanford field is a joke. Seeing the commitment list, it's almost like a Tier III with Kim. Now, please don't screw her chance, you draw :fiery:

UDACHi
Jul 18th, 2006, 06:18 PM
If she finishes the year with more tournaments than Patty, we're in trouble. :lol:

Do we know the whole Summer schedule? Come to New Haven and wear hot pants Tati. :hearts"

Harju.
Jul 22nd, 2006, 06:08 AM
If she finishes the year with more tournaments than Patty, we're in trouble. :lol:

Do we know the whole Summer schedule? Come to New Haven and wear hot pants Tati. :hearts"
I very doubt so. Tati didn't play for any claycourt tournaments.

yukon145
Jul 24th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Tati plays tomorrow:

Monday, July 24, 2006

Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Perry vs. Nelson (Qualifying Final)
2. [Laine or Yelsey] vs. Bardina (Qualifying Final)
3. Golovin vs. A.Bondarenko (NB 13.00hrs)
4. Hantuchova/Sugiyama vs. Jankovic/S.Uberoi
6. Drake/Vaidisova vs. Grant/Osterloh
7. Liu vs. Peer (NB 19.30hrs)
8. Craybas vs. Rubin

Court 11 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Dekmeijere vs. Savchuk (Qualifying Final)
2. [Morigami or Diaz-Oliva] vs. Skavronskaia
3. Bartoli vs. Bammer (NB 13.00hrs)
4. Devidze/Panova vs. [Barnes/Yelsey or Fonesca/Nelson] (Doubles Qualifying Final)
5. Kudryavtseva/Luzhanska vs. Mattek/Mirza (NB 18.00hrs)

good luck Tati, one match at a time!

rseto
Jul 24th, 2006, 03:27 PM
please get a win tati!

tennisrulz8
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Good luck Tati.

selyoink
Jul 24th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Tati better win today.

UDACHi
Jul 24th, 2006, 09:36 PM
http://gostanford.cstv.com/livestats/tennis/StanfordTennis.html

You can watch her! She's on 'Court 1'. :hearts:

JS
Jul 24th, 2006, 10:51 PM
:) I'm glad she won!
Congrats Tati!
That wasn't a very good match, but a win is a win and I guess she will improve her game while advancing in the draw!

rseto
Jul 24th, 2006, 11:09 PM
And she won :)

7-5 6-2 after 4-1 double break down in the first

Live stream is :worship:

i was a little concerned when she was down 4-1 but after that, it looked like a routine match.

tati - 1st player into the 2nd round! ;)

TennisPlayingFox
Jul 25th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Good job Tati! Good luck in your next match!

yukon145
Jul 25th, 2006, 12:33 AM
great fight by Tati, hope she can keep on winning.

Craigy
Jul 25th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Allez Tati :banana: Still gotta try and get in better shape though :(

yukon145
Jul 25th, 2006, 01:49 AM
From an article on MSNBC that had alot of wrong info, but some quotes from Tati:

"I'm starting to feel better now,'' Golovin said. "I haven't had a lot of matches on hardcourt so I'm taking it little by little and trying to regain my confidence.'' "I had to start from zero again,'' she said. "My left leg lost everything from not doing anything. It still gets sore after matches but the doctor said it would be sore for another two months.''

martirogi
Jul 25th, 2006, 04:14 AM
v-lix your avy is cute :awww:

selyoink
Jul 25th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Good job Tati!

Harju.
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:09 PM
v-lix your avy is cute :awww:
Awww, thanks. :tape:

martirogi
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Awww, thanks. :tape:

:lol: actually i meant to say- you people are disgusting.

Harju.
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:53 PM
we people?

what makes you think i am "we people"? :tape:

willrock
Jul 25th, 2006, 07:35 PM
V-lix your avatar is full of mystery :lol:
But sorry to interrupt your conversation,
Tati's opponent for second round has just been known : it's Sugiyama, against who Tati leads H2H 3-0 :D
C'mon Tat! :bounce:

martirogi
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:34 PM
V-lix your avatar is full of mystery :lol:
But sorry to interrupt your conversation,
Tati's opponent for second round has just been known : it's Sugiyama, against who Tati leads H2H 3-0 :D
C'mon Tat! :bounce:

it's ok. i didn't know how to respond to what he said. :lol:

tati please beat sugi. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

parissima
Jul 25th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Oh... Missed the match :tape:

Glad she won tho'... It's great that she's starting her hard season with a win (especially if she fought her way back in the first set :D). Hopefully, this will go on.. :)

Allez Tati, allez...
(mais ne force pas trop les efforts sur tes jambes, si possible :/)

selyoink
Jul 26th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Tati better win tomorrow.

Harju.
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:36 PM
:haha: @ martirogi. no sweat. are you still in europe? :wavey:

tati vs ai. i think tati shouldn't underestimate ai. she's starting to play much better especially during the US hardcourt season. i still think tati should win this match. she just needs to cut down her errors because ai isn't going to give her free points.

martirogi
Jul 26th, 2006, 03:59 PM
:haha: @ martirogi. no sweat. are you still in europe? :wavey:

tati vs ai. i think tati shouldn't underestimate ai. she's starting to play much better especially during the US hardcourt season. i still think tati should win this match. she just needs to cut down her errors because ai isn't going to give her free points.

i got back friday. i was there for 10 weeks. :scared:

poor tati. i had forgotten about her close matches with kim and ame earlier this year. she really needs a good tourney for her confidence.

Harju.
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM
A quick on-court coaching update: Clijsters is completely against on it, calling herself a traditionalist. Vaidisova says she's not sure, but won't be calling her stepdad and coach down to consult because he's too quiet and doesn't want to make a fuss. Golovin isn't really in favor of it either, more because she isn't really sure how the system will work and how she will feel about it. No one seems to be sure how they will react to seeing their coach mid-match, which is why the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour needs to extend the experiment throughout the fall so the players get used to it before deciding laying down a final judgment.

Also a bit of dig at JHH from Golovin on that same site.

Anyone thinks it's the reason why Tati is hiring Goldfine. :lol:. It's the new thing, y'all. And :haha: @ Tati for being a bitchy big mouth. Loves it. I wonder what she said though. :drool:

Harju.
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:05 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8630044&postcount=9

:scared: Big hater of Tati since Miami SF.

Harju.
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
i got back friday. i was there for 10 weeks. :scared:

poor tati. i had forgotten about her close matches with kim and ame earlier this year. she really needs a good tourney for her confidence.
how was the trip? And where did you go?

tati was playing brilliantly this season after AO. Too bad for the injury or she could have done alot during green clay season.

tennisrulz8
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Go Tati! win!

tennisrulz8
Jul 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Tati has won her match against Sugiyama 6/2 6/3

selyoink
Jul 26th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Tati into the quarterfinals! She must have played very good today to win so easily over Sugiyama. She was breaking serve almost at will.

yukon145
Jul 26th, 2006, 10:23 PM
good win by Tati, lets hope she keeps it up.

AK-DH Fan
Jul 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah I hope she does. She played really solid today:) Good luck next round!!!

UDACHi
Jul 27th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Tati's getting the confidence back. :drool:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 27th, 2006, 09:00 AM
report from rseto:
Then watched all of the Golovin-Sugiyama match. There were some parts of the match where Ai was able to rally with Tatiana but in the rest of the match, Tatiana was in control. She had some good forehand winners and her backhand was solid. Also saw a bit of the Sugiyama-Peschke on Tuesday and the difference basically was the rate of errors for Sugiyama's opponent. Peschke basically hit a bunch of unforced errors to give Ai the 1st set but there wasn't really a time where Tatiana did the same thing in the whole match.

rseto
Jul 27th, 2006, 09:54 AM
guess this is why tati has a 4-0 record against sugiyama. even when tati fell a bit behind in the 2nd, you had the feeling that sugiyama would have to play at a very high level the whole set in order to be competitive. and she also closed the match with two aces!

for the next round, i'm actually a little more concerned if tati has to face bardina than ALG. i'll get to watch her again if she plays on friday during the day.

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 27th, 2006, 11:40 AM
http://www.bankofthewestclassic.com/PressReleases/images/golovin2.jpg
http://www.bankofthewestclassic.com/images/photos/July25/Golovin1group.jpg

GOLOVIN LENDS A HAND TO FIRST SERVE …Sony Ericsson WTA Tour star meets local kids at the Bank of the West Classic

PALO ALTO, Calif. – Sony Ericsson WTA Tour star Tatiana Golovin took time out from her busy schedule at the Bank of the West Classic to meet with 35 youngsters Tuesday afternoon as part of First Serve, a not-for-profit program that utilizes tennis with the purpose of empowering youth with the skills, values and experience they need to be responsible, productive and successful in life.

The kids, ranging from 7th grade to high school, live in East Palo Alto and are part of the East Palo Alto Tennis & Tutor Program (EPATT).

During the appearance, which was sponsored by Sony Ericsson, Golovin talked about her experiences on the tour, the responsibility and commitment it takes to be a professional athlete and the importance of education and making positive decisions in life.

“Tennis is my passion but getting an education is very important," Golovin told the kids. “Through First Serve and EPATT you are learning important life skills that will help you in your lives. I am glad that Sony Ericsson asked me to stop by and speak to you today so that I could share my story and experiences with you. It was great to meet you all.”

EPATT utilizes the First Serve lifestyle curriculum. In 1995, the Association of Tennis Professionals honored EPATT as one of the nation's top 10 inner city tennis programs.

In the past, several Sony Ericsson WTA Tour players have spoken on behalf of EPATT and First Serve during the Bank of the West Classic including Lindsey Davenport and Venus Williams. Stanford University’s own Amber Liu and Lilia Osterloh have also volunteered their time to tutor children at EPATT.

The Bank of the West Classic, the longest-running women-only professional tennis tournament in the world, runs through July 30 and is being held at the Taube Family Tennis Center on the campus of Stanford University.

Single-session tickets to the event can be purchased by logging on to www.BankoftheWestClassic.com (http://www.bankofthewestclassic.com/ticketinfo.html) or by calling the box office at (866) WTA-TIXS (866-982-8497). Single session tickets start as low as $18. Full series box seat packages start at $550 for all 13 sessions.

yukon145
Jul 27th, 2006, 12:22 PM
from WTAtour.com:

"It was important I stayed calm and positive," Golovin said after improving to 4-0 lifetime against Sugiyama. "I was able to get a good rhythm. My ankle is feeling better and I was moving well, which is important against a player like Ai, who moves very well and can get to many balls."

Harju.
Jul 27th, 2006, 01:05 PM
More quotes from Tati after winning yesterday.
"I have a few more tournaments left before the U.S. Open and it's just a matter of playing more and recovering from the ankle," she said. "I'm just trying to get back to where I was at the beginning of the year."

Great great win by Tati. :drool:

Harju.
Jul 27th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Another article that I found. Here's the extract.

Like Vaidisova, Golovin is an international teen who speaks a couple of languages fluently and chatters away in English in classic Americana. She's another free swinger who learned to tear the cover off the ball in South Florida.

She likes living in the Miami area more than Paris, because she can drive in the states and the malls seem to be open 24/7.

"Everything is so easy here," she said. "I like the lifestyle better. I can go around and be more unnoticed."

She won't be much longer if she keeps climbing up the charts.

Golovin has yet to win a title, but has reached two finals and beaten the likes of Elena Dementieva and Nadia Petrova. She's a terrific conversationalist who smiles a lot, maybe because she believes that she'll be a top-5 player sometime in the future.

"I better be," she said. "I'm going to get there. I've never played better than I am now. With the ankle injury, I had to start from zero again. Once I get some more matches in and my ankle gets better, I think I can keep improving a lot."

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 27th, 2006, 01:24 PM
She sounds so confident :D

selyoink
Jul 27th, 2006, 02:46 PM
She sounds so confident :D

I hope her confidence isn't misplaced.

Harju.
Jul 27th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I think that Miami match was the turning point for Tati. She was so close in beating both Momo and Kim and then coming back from 1-5 , and playing inspiring tennis aginst Maria just boasted a hell lot of confidence in her.
It's good she has that confidence. Look at Maria. It can take you far.

yukon145
Jul 28th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Friday, July 28, 2006

Stadium (from 12.00hrs)
1. Golovin vs. Groenefeld
2. Craybas vs. Schnyder
3. Bammer or Vaidisova vs. Stosur (NB 15.00hrs)
4. Zvonareva vs. Clijsters (NB 19.30hrs)
5. Camerin/Dulko vs. Bondarenko/Bondarenko

good luck Tati!

rseto
Jul 28th, 2006, 04:28 AM
i forgot until i looked it up but tati already has a win against groenefeld but that was 2 years ago. tati might get a small advantage since groenefeld played a 2 hour match today and is now 1st up tomorrow.

get a win for weekend play, tati!

Craigy
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Tati has a good chance to beat Anna-Lena. I really hope she does :cool:

tennisrulz8
Jul 28th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Good luck Tati. I know you can beat her.

UDACHi
Jul 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM
come on tati. let's make our first sf since miami. :D

Lillibet
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:27 PM
When does she start playing then?

willrock
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:29 PM
They've started.
Tati's just broken ALG *3-2 :D

selyoink
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Tati is into the semi-finals with a 6-4, 7-6(7-5) victory!

JS
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:46 PM
:woohoo:
Great win!!!
And now a new semifinal :drool:
Congrats Tati :yeah:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:48 PM
:yippee::yippee::yippee:

next up Putty or Craybas, Allez Tati!

willrock
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Congratulations Tat!
This is gonna be the 11th semifinal in Tati's pro career :yeah:
We want a third final :bounce:

AK-DH Fan
Jul 28th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I'm so glad she's playing well again. She played really solid the whole tournament. Keep going Tati!!!!!

yukon145
Jul 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM
im really glad Tati pulled this one out, for one i hate ALG. good luck in the semis Tati, maybe even on ESPN if im lucky!

nouf
Jul 28th, 2006, 10:06 PM
well done tati! :-)

nouf's effect after sharapova vaidisova now tati! gogogo

AK-DH Fan
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM
im really glad Tati pulled this one out, for one i hate ALG. good luck in the semis Tati, maybe even on ESPN if im lucky!

Definately on ESPN. ESPN 2 supposed to cover both semis :)

yukon145
Jul 29th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Stadium - Starting at 1pm
Nicole Vaidisova vs Kim Clijsters or Vera Zvonareva
Mattek/Mirza vs Camerin/Dulko or Bondarenko/Bondarenko

N.B. 7.30pm
Tatiana Golovin vs Patty Schnyder
Groenefeld/Peer vs Bartoli/Domachowska

martirogi
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:03 AM
tati has ELEVEN career semis already!!!!

and no title yet.... :armed:

Harju.
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Yay Tati :cool:. Great win. Saw the tie-break from youtube (thanks noufy), she was moving rather well. Again, you could see that, even though she was down 1-4, she didn't tense up, but instead, she was pumping herself up. She should come to the net more because those forehand winners were :drool:.

I'm rather :scared: for her in the semis. Patty is a tricky player (and streaky at the same time). But if Kata can beat her, so should Tati. Allez Tati.

Speaking of title. I'm wondering what would Tati's schedule be like after USO. Would she attempt the Asian tour to potentially capture her first title or whoring the Europe's indoor.

Harju.
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Quotes time :drool: Non Tati-quotes are taken out.

Tati :

"I think it was different today because in the first two matches the girls (Bondarenko, Sugiyama) hit the ball pretty flat, but she (Groenefeld) hit with a lot of spin."

"This has been a very good tournament for me. I'm starting to play with a lot of confidence. I've beaten two pretty high ranked players and I'm very pleased to make it to the semis."

(On the second set tie break) "It was up and down. I was down 4-1 but she made a couple errors and I was able to keep fighting and come back."

(On her right ankle) "My ankle feels good. I’ve come a long way since the French Open, when I started to come back."

Anna-Lena Groenefeld

"I tried to dictate points but her game is the same way and she is very strong on her forehand side and can control points with it well. The rallies were really tough and hard-hitting."

Patty Schnyder :

"I would love to serve as well tomorrow as I have in the previous two rounds. I need to move around a little better than I did today, but I am ready for tomorrow (semifinal vs. Tatiana Golovin)."

selyoink
Jul 29th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Tati should definitely be on ESPN2 at 10:30 p.m. eastern time. So those of us in the US should get to see her in action.

Patty will be very tough but Tati can do it.

rseto
Jul 29th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Golovin and Groenefeld had a tight, if not pretty, match. ALG made quite a few errors in the 1st but I thought she played much cleaner in the 2nd set. That might partially explain the 2nd set going into a tiebreak. But that was a weird set since Tatiana had a long service game that went to about 5 or 6 deuces where both players had chances. Tatiana held serve and the next 4 or 5 games, both players held serve at either love or 15. After that long game, the 2nd set went to a tiebreaker pretty quickly. In the tiebreak, Tatiana went down 4-1 but fought her way back although ALG hit three shots that almost hit the line but missed. (She challenged one of them but lost.) One of those shots was at 5-5 and that seemed to get her down and she double faulted for the match.

I posted the above at the Bank of the West forum. As for more stuff about Tati, I was impressed with the way she hung in there when she was down in the tiebreak. She could have folded but she didn't and this includes her serves. It also helped that Groenefeld hit those three barely out shots.

I also saw Patty play and I think it'll be important to see what happens when Patty hits her forehand, especially the looping one, to Tati's backhand. Tati will need to be solid on that side to get a win. Get to the final, Tati!

Lillibet
Jul 29th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Wooohooto Tati winning! And good luck to her playing Patty next .. could be tough against her, as she is left handed, can pose a problem on some serves. But if Tatiana plays well then I think she has a good chance of over powering her

améliemomo
Jul 29th, 2006, 01:58 PM
allez tati!!good match against schnyder! :bounce: ;)

ZAK
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I just got back from camp and its great to see that Tati has found her form!

yukon145
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:48 PM
im really pissed that Tati is playing the 2nd semi at night because i wont be able to watch it on TV? will anyone be able to record it from espn or eurosport and upload it?

boffaloraa
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:08 PM
im really pissed that Tati is playing the 2nd semi at night because i wont be able to watch it on TV? will anyone be able to record it from espn or eurosport and upload it?

Sure I'm gonna record it!I will upload it tomorrow!

Craigy
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Can't wait to watch the match :banana:

Océane
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I won't be able to see the match ! sniiiif

Good luck Tati !! Let's go to the final !! :bounce:

yukon145
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Sure I'm gonna record it!I will upload it tomorrow!

thanks! :D

tennisrulz8
Jul 29th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I think Patty is beatable. Go Tati!!!

ZAK
Jul 29th, 2006, 06:00 PM

Apparntly ESPN has had a change of heart, because now it says (on their website) that they will show both semi-finals.

Harju.
Jul 29th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Allez Tania vs Patty. I'm going to sleep now and wake up to cheer for Tati :aparty:

willrock
Jul 29th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Allez Tania vs Patty. I'm going to sleep now and wake up to cheer for Tati :aparty:

Same for me :lol:

wurzelman
Jul 29th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Good luck Tati :bounce:

Lulu.
Jul 29th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I cant wait to watch it!!

Good luck Tati :yeah:

Brainshot
Jul 29th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Allez Tati! Kick Patty´s butt tonight! :rocker2:

willrock
Jul 30th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Tati's just lost the 1st set 76(4)... I'm pissed!
Hopefully she will win in 3.
C'mon Tat!

Harju.
Jul 30th, 2006, 03:39 AM
No sweat. It's just the first set. It was close and Tati fought well after being down 0-3 initially. And Tati just hold in the second

6-7 1-0
:banana:

Harju.
Jul 30th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Tati lost 67 16 :sad:

Oh well. Everyone was yapping about Tati's being fat now.

Anyway. She played well in the first set. She could have won the first set and I still think she would lose the match. She looked tired out there. Great week overall. Work more on the fitness Tati.

Harju.
Jul 30th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Nice little article on Tati when she won her QF match

FROM THE BANK OF THE WEST CLASSIC– Tatiana Golovin won the karaoke contest at Roland Garros, beating out the likes of Svetlana Kuznetsova and John McEnroe. She sang Barbie Girl, but it was her dancing that put her over the top.

As the song goes, in a world of plastic, you can create anything - except thoughts and real life. It's hard to hit a forehand, too, unless you can find a way to bend Barbie’s mechanical arm sideways without breaking it.

Unlike some other Sony Ericsson WTA Tours. "Tati" as she goes by, doesn't talk like a plastic doll and her bad ankle is out of plaster. She's not monotoned and is speaks with enthusiasm. She's far from shy, and is also giving, volunteering a lot of her time to the tour in its off court activities.

During her two plus months off due to the horrific ankle injury in she sustained in March in the NASDAQ-100 semis against Maria Sharapova, she began to learn to play the piano and took a ballroom dancing class. Her sisters all danced ballet and are into classical music. So is she, although she’s a big fan of Pop, too.

"I wasn't thinking about my game," Golovin said. "When you are in a cast, you don't want to think about it because it’s too much pain knowing you could be out there playing with the other girls. I wanted to rest mentally. I did things I don't normally get to do."

Tati sings, too, which is why she beat out the rest in Karaoke.

"It was really exciting and fun," she said. "I got a lot of phone calls afterward." The 18-year-old a Russian plays for France, where her parents and siblings live, but she lives in Florida. At first glance, you'd guess that with her bubbly personality and beach girl looks that she'd be an air head, but she's far from it.

She's a pretty fair on court thinker and certainly did a much better job of composing points that fourth seed Anna-Lena Groenefeld did in Golovin's 6-4 7-6 victory.

"It was kind of a mind game out there and I won it," Golovin said. "She made a lot of winners and mistakes so it was tough to get a rhythm. I adapted pretty well to her. In the tiebreaker she broke down mentally and that's good for me."

Golovin is feeling much better than she did when she came back at Roland Garros, when she had no confidence in her movement.

" I still have a lot of improvement on the ankle but I’ve come the right way. It gets sore after that match but I just have to deal with it for a while. The doctor said its not going away anytime soon. But it’s great to be winning matches and I’m getting my confidence back."

ZAK
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Tati lost 67 16 :sad:

Oh well. Everyone was yapping about Tati's being fat now.

Anyway. She played well in the first set. She could have won the first set and I still think she would lose the match. She looked tired out there. Great week overall. Work more on the fitness Tati.

She looks much fitter than she did a few weeks ago, but she'll hopefully continue to improve

Overall this was a very good tournament and hopefully will spell out good things for the rest of the summer.

selyoink
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Tati played pretty well in the first set. I agree that even if she won that set she would've lost the match. She is not fully fit yet. She needs to play her way into shape. Still an excellent result for her this week.

rseto
Jul 30th, 2006, 08:40 AM
i liked the way that tati fought back to get the 1st set into the tiebreaker. besides her lack of fitness, it looked like she got down on herself after losing that 3-0 lead in the tiebreaker. probably didn't think she could win a 3 setter even though the 1st set was close.

but still a great tournament beating two top 20 players! and hope she can recover quickly with a 1st round match coming very soon.

boffaloraa
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:39 AM
i liked the way that tati fought back to get the 1st set into the tiebreaker. besides her lack of fitness, it looked like she got down on herself after losing that 3-0 lead in the tiebreaker. probably didn't think she could win a 3 setter even though the 1st set was close.

but still a great tournament beating two top 20 players! and hope she can recover quickly with a 1st round match coming very soon.

We all hope so!And maybe she will recover faster if she will be able to finally beat Ivanovic in the second round! ;)

Harju.
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Quotes time

"The first set could have gone either way," said Schnyder, who improved to 2-0 versus Golovin. "She played very solid and was up 3-0 in the tie-break, but I turned it around and it was a lucky pullout."

"She had the total game against me and used everything – drop shots, angles, cross-courts; she hit so much spin to my backhand and her forehand gave me trouble, it kicked up so high," said Golovin, who had taken out seeded players Ai Sugiyama and Anna-Lena Groenefeld en route to this, her third semifinal of the season. "I was very impressed by the way she played. I had to give everything I had to get the tie-break; but when I lost that set, I just ran out of gas."

rseto
Jul 31st, 2006, 12:11 AM
not sure how everybody else feels but every time i watch tati play a match, i get a little nervous for her ankles. especially against patty where she was running around so much. probably will feel this way until she can get through a year ankle-injury free.

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:42 AM
not sure how everybody else feels but every time i watch tati play a match, i get a little nervous for her ankles. especially against patty where she was running around so much. probably will feel this way until she can get through a year ankle-injury free.

Every time I watch her play I can't believe how slow she is. Looking at her I would think she would be quicker around the court but she isn't. She anticipates well which helps make up for it but she has trouble running down dropshots in particular.

rseto
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:34 AM
Every time I watch her play I can't believe how slow she is. Looking at her I would think she would be quicker around the court but she isn't. She anticipates well which helps make up for it but she has trouble running down dropshots in particular.

well, i don't think tati is known for her foot speed. :) but i think she might be about a half a step slower than before her injury. and the dropshots of patty are a lot better than almost everybody else on the tour.

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2006, 02:56 PM
well, i don't think tati is known for her foot speed. :) but i think she might be about a half a step slower than before her injury. and the dropshots of patty are a lot better than almost everybody else on the tour.

I'm not saying she is known for her foot speed, it just surprises me every time I see her play how slow she is. She really looks like she should be faster.

ZAK
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:00 PM
I believe she used to be faster or atleast it looked like it. If you compare 2004 US Open against Serena and the Stanford semi-final, for example

I think it may be a little bit mental as Carol Lewis was saying