PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay has withdrawn from Stanford

Lindsayfan32
Jul 16th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I've just read a net article that Lindsay has withdrawn from Stanford due to her back. Here is the article.

DAVENPORT WITHDRAWS FROM STANFORD
Three-time Grand Slam champion Lindsay Davenport has withdrawn from the Bank of the West Classic, which will be held on the campus of Stanford University between July 24-30.

Sidelined since mid-March with a back injury, Davenport had won this event three times, including 2004.

This hardcourt tournament is one of a handful of West Coast events that the California native uses to tune-up for the US Open, which starts on August 28. The US Open champion in 1998, Davenport reached the quarter-finals at Flushing Meadow last year before losing to Russian Elena Dementieva.

Davenport will be replaced in the draw by Alona Bondarenko of the Ukraine.

ttp://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/06/07/16/TENNIS_USA-Davenport.html

dav abu
Jul 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM
:sad:

mike/topgun
Jul 16th, 2006, 02:22 PM
it's 2 weeks before the event starts and it's already official...
that's another bad sign:(

Kelly
Jul 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM
so what happend to the news that the back was fully healed and her reason for not playing wimby was the fall...at least im saving a fourtune on blank video tapes.

Andrew..
Jul 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...
You're not. I posted this in here two days ago.

LethalLindsay
Jul 16th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Get Over Yourself.

Andrew..
Jul 16th, 2006, 09:18 PM
It's an unnecessary thread, considering the info was already posted days ago, and it is all over the board.

Lindsayfan32
Jul 16th, 2006, 10:15 PM
It's an unnecessary thread, considering the info was already posted days ago, and it is all over the board.

I would love to know where you posted it. This article I posted was the first time I heard of it. I thought I would share with other people who might want to know is that such a crime or are you the only one who is allowed to post news in this forum. If it was all over the board I would've seen it as I go on these boards once a day as it is the best source of tennis and Lindsay news.

Andrew..
Jul 16th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I would love to know where you posted it.
I posted the news that she was out of the tournament on Friday, and I then posted the article when it hit the wire yesterday.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8550202&postcount=50

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8559137&postcount=75

This article I posted was the first time I heard of it. I thought I would share with other people who might want to know is that such a crime or are you the only one who is allowed to post news in this forum.
No. Post whatever you want. Just know that it's useless if it's already been posted before in the forum. Which it was.

If it was all over the board I would've seen it as I go on these boards once a day as it is the best source of tennis and Lindsay news.
Then I guess a) you're blind, or b) you can't read.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=249028

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=249551

Bye.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 16th, 2006, 11:54 PM
It was posted days ago. Everyone else knew this.

Lindsayfan
Jul 17th, 2006, 12:44 AM
will she ever be back? :sad: i miss her so much

Lindsayfan32
Jul 17th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I posted the news that she was out of the tournament on Friday, and I then posted the article when it hit the wire yesterday.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8550202&postcount=50

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8559137&postcount=75

No. Post whatever you want. Just know that it's useless if it's already been posted before in the forum. Which it was.

Then I guess a) you're blind, or b) you can't read.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=249028

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=249551

Bye.

Well you might have posted it in gm but I thought people who read the TOP board might be interested as this is Lindsay news and last time I looked this was a Lindsay board. You could've posted on the top board in a new threat as well. Also there are no need for juvenile comments like the last line of this post and also does it really matter if the same thing is posted twice.
Look at gm the same topic can be posted three or four times and no one goes off like this. If you're not interested in a thread don't read it that's the simple solution.

Kelly
Jul 17th, 2006, 12:51 PM
we selling popcorn for this? this is teh most action in this forum for a while

LethalLindsay
Jul 17th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I re-state GET OVER YOURSELF......and plese do it fast......

Lindsayfan32
Jul 17th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I re-state GET OVER YOURSELF......and plese do it fast......

If you're talking about me I won't say another word. I just don't like Andrew acting like he owns this board. This board is supose to be place where people can post things and discuss Lindsay news without being jumped all over when it been posted elsewhere. While this had been posted in gm and I didn't see it and also I thought people on the top board might be interested and I might not have seen it the first time as I'm back at school and don't have alot time of the board at the moment. For my part I'm sorry if this has upset you LethalLindsay.

mike/topgun
Jul 17th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lindsayfan32
This board is supose to be place where people can post things and discuss Lindsay news without being jumped all over when it been posted elsewhere. While this had been posted in gm and I didn't see it and also I thought people on the top board might be interested and I might not have seen it the first time as I'm back at school and don't have alot time of the board at the moment.
That's totally correct my friend.:)
I'm not annoyed by this thread at all, but I think some of the fellow Tops here were annoyed not cos you posted it here as it was posted on gm already. It was more about another "Lindsay- out -of -Stanford" sad and frustrating thread.
And since the news was not good news for all Tops, then you can see the results yourself.
I don't mind if there are 20 threads on the same subject in gm and another one here (especially if it's about Lindsay:)), but that's maybe cos I'm not a moderator, or administrator of this board.
Don't know if Andrew.. was one of them?;)

PS. Next thread will probably be about Lindsay out of San Diego...I wonder if we should even discuss it?:tape:

Andrew..
Jul 18th, 2006, 12:50 AM
PS. Next thread will probably be about Lindsay out of San Diego...I wonder if we should even discuss it?:tape:
No. But feel free to post baby news.

LethalLindsay
Jul 18th, 2006, 04:11 AM
no i was referring to the Head Drama Queen herself, just the same as you are.

Lindsayfan32
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:46 AM
That's totally correct my friend.:)
I'm not annoyed by this thread at all, but I think some of the fellow Tops here were annoyed not cos you posted it here as it was posted on gm already. It was more about another "Lindsay- out -of -Stanford" sad and frustrating thread.
And since the news was not good news for all Tops, then you can see the results yourself.
I don't mind if there are 20 threads on the same subject in gm and another one here (especially if it's about Lindsay:)), but that's maybe cos I'm not a moderator, or administrator of this board.
Don't know if Andrew.. was one of them?;)

I get what your saying Mike but I didn't see it in gm and it wasn't on the Top board I thought would post it. Its not what Andrew says that gets up my nose it's how he says it. I didn't post it on the board to cause a stir.

Si_Hi
Jul 18th, 2006, 10:07 AM
:sad: :crying2:
will she play san diego?

Si_Hi
Jul 18th, 2006, 10:08 AM
lindsay, get well soon...plz....

mike/topgun
Jul 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM
will she play san diego?
lindsay, get well soon...plz....
At the moment we don't know for sure, so don't be a wimp and stop crying;)
She's entered it long time ago, and I doubt one week time will do much to heal her back, or, as some would probably say - whatever the real injury is...

tennisboi
Jul 18th, 2006, 04:07 PM
will she ever be back? :sad: i miss her so much

Me too:sad:I love Linds so much how can anyone say negative things about her? :confused: WE MISS YOU LINDSAY

The Daviator
Jul 18th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I reckon she'll play New Haven and then the US Open, her agent says she's planning on playing before the Open, unfortunately I think San Diego is too soon :(

Kimmi
Jul 18th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooored.

This is like last year. Ah well. At least she won't get bagelled by ALG again. That was fun. I'm bored. This sucks. It's not fair. I think she must have fallen off a roof. Or down a well or something. Maybe she was drunk and fell. You always get the worst injuries when you fall drunk. *Sigh* THIS SUCKS! Although I am enjoying the drama in here - cheers guys :lol:

Get well soon Lindsay :hug:
[or just announce you're pregnant because I'm starting to think they ain't just rumours.....]

alfonsojose
Jul 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Get well soon Lindsay :hug:
[or just announce you're pregnant because I'm starting to think they ain't just rumours.....]
massive groin injury :tape: ;) But if it's true, i'll be so happy for her :D

Kelly
Jul 18th, 2006, 11:58 PM
haha that made me giggle.

mike/topgun
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Maybe she was drunk and fell.
that's what i was thinking actually:lol:
i'd be glad to hear she's pregnant rather than injured:)