PDA

View Full Version : Pierce latest news

liam_valid
Jul 15th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Can anyone tell me a decent site that gives you all the latest news on Mary?

pierce the best
Jul 15th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Mary is right now training at l'ile maurice ,its what i read in the newpaper l'equipe.

pierce_fanatic
Jul 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Can anyone tell me a decent site that gives you all the latest news on Mary?
right now as we wait for Mary's official site to be published on the internet, it would have to be this forum but if you want the latest photos of Mary then http://www.mary-pierce.org (Mark's site) is the place to visit :yeah:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 15th, 2006, 03:53 PM
right now as we wait for Mary's official site to be published on the internet, it would have to be this forum but if you want the latest photos of Mary then http://www.mary-pierce.org (Mark's site) is the place to visit :yeah:

I think i've got the only site about Mary that reports news about her ... All the others are now given up (except Mark'site of course but its website is about Photos of Mary :drool: ).

And the latest news are Mary training at St Maurice, expecting to play in San Diego, perhaps only the double, perhaps only the single, nobody knows ...

She has planned to play Montreal and Us OPen, but not sure she's sure of when and where she will return.

We have to wait and hopefully see her on court :/

pierce_fanatic
Jul 15th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I think i've got the only site about Mary that reports news about her ... All the others are now given up (except Mark'site of course but its website is about Photos of Mary :drool: ).
sorry, i didn't know about your Mary site, it's very nice btw :)

squig2k
Jul 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM
thanks for the update guys, good to know shes training and preparing for her return

Mark Spruce
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Some sad news.

I got some news from some French fans a few days ago, that Mary injured her self again while training and might need surgery. I will keep you updated.

Mark

DomenicDemaria
Jul 19th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Some sad news.

I got some news from some French fans a few days ago, that Mary injured her self again while training and might need surgery. I will keep you updated.

Mark

Oh no! :sad: I hope its not true.
Thanks for posting. Keep us updated.
This is so tragic. I hope she doesn't need surgery.

pierce_fanatic
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Some sad news.

Mark
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nyangel2103
Jul 19th, 2006, 03:59 AM
OMG OMG OMG......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this can't be happening. I don't want to jump to conclusions without more detail but if this is true I fear Mary might hang 'em up for good.

OMG OMG OMG

Andy.
Jul 19th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Awwww no that is terrible news. I hope this doesnt mean the end for Mary, i will keep hoping and praying.

lizzymarie
Jul 19th, 2006, 06:46 AM
:tears: Oh Mary.....
I miss you so much

Mark Spruce
Jul 19th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I am hoping as well that it does not mean the end for our mean. I do not think it does.

I have to say I was gutted when I found out that Mary would not be at the Fed Cup. But What an experience it was.

Mark

pierce0415
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:25 PM
OMG :bigcry:
I cannot believe this ... please tell me it is not true

squig2k
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:50 PM
No... i cant believe this
Why does it always have to happen to Mary. Please recover soon Mary. hope this is not true

Mark Spruce
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I know i can't belive it either. Why does it happen to such a player like Mayr that is so nice and kind and always when she is on a great run of play.

I wish so much i could say HELLO to mary and wish her a speedy recovery

Mark

Sund7101
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Not another injury, still waiting for her return.

Get well, still hope to see you play San Diego.

pierce the best
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:31 PM
guys i dont believe this beacause at the lagadere site they say that she is preparing the us hard court season and if this will be thrue the french newspapers will say something . and that was not the case , so i dont really believe this

Mark Spruce
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Well I hope it is not true. I pray for that so much

Mark

pierce0415
Jul 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
any update from French fans ????
saby???

Mark Spruce
Jul 19th, 2006, 10:24 PM
That is where I am getting the updates. As I met up with allot of the French fans. If I hear anything from them.

I promise I will let you know.

Mark

pierce_fanatic
Jul 20th, 2006, 08:21 AM
That is where I am getting the updates. As I met up with allot of the French fans. If I hear anything from them.

I promise I will let you know.

Mark
Thanks Mark :kiss:

stefi62
Jul 20th, 2006, 11:58 AM
any update from French fans ????
saby???

Nothing new except what Mark told you. To be more accurate, I asked Courteau who said Mary was ok, I then asked Goven who said he had no news, except that she was in Mauritius and had problems training properly, and then a guy from our forum talked to Nat Dechy who told him Mary might need surgery. But nothing's for sure, we heard nothing from Mary, her family, friends or the Team Lagardere, so... all we can do is wait!!!

DomenicDemaria
Jul 20th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I'm draining my sorrows by watching Mary videos from last year. I really really miss her. I hope she is not injured again and will play very soon even if it is only doubles.

Mark Spruce
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah all we can do is wait and hope and wish Mary all of the best.

Did you get the pic of you OK then I sent yesterday

Mark

Nothing new except what Mark told you. To be more accurate, I asked Courteau who said Mary was ok, I then asked Goven who said he had no news, except that she was in Mauritius and had problems training properly, and then a guy from our forum talked to Nat Dechy who told him Mary might need surgery. But nothing's for sure, we heard nothing from Mary, her family, friends or the Team Lagardere, so... all we can do is wait!!!

pierce the best
Jul 21st, 2006, 05:00 PM
guys, good news mary is training in bradenton florida for the us hardcourt season , normally she will play san diego, so i don't know where you heard that she was injured. as it seems she is not injured is what lagadere team said, i send to them a mail.

squig2k
Jul 21st, 2006, 05:18 PM
guys, good news mary is training in bradenton florida for the us hardcourt season , normally she will play san diego, so i don't know where you heard that she was injured. as it seems she is not injured is what lagadere team said, i send to them a mail.

omg thank you for the news, i was worried, im so glad shes training. come on mary - san diego! :bounce:

pierce_fanatic
Jul 21st, 2006, 05:27 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance:

best news i've heard all day

pierce0415
Jul 21st, 2006, 06:09 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance:

best news i've heard all day

:banana:

sebbe
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:50 PM
I guess as always with our precious Mary we just have to wait and see what will happen.

Paul.
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:59 PM
I guess as always with our precious Mary we just have to wait and see what will happen.
yep...on the edgre of our seats as usual ;)

Sund7101
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:08 AM
Great news!

I am so excited for her return at San Diego, win it again!!

danthepiercefan
Jul 22nd, 2006, 03:49 AM
thk God.

Nyangel2103
Jul 22nd, 2006, 04:30 AM
It will be great if she can play san diego...

Lunatiq
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
I will tell you a secret...
Mary is not in hospital;)
Mary will play in San Diego;)
That's :bounce: for sure;)

stefi62
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
I just come back from the team Lagardere headquarters, and one of the coaches (he was there coaching Micka Llodra!), told me me he had good news from Mary, she was ok, she was in bradenton, and would be playing the american season, maybe staring with San Diego.... I am so happy, :bounce:

Stefi

Paul.
Jul 22nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
I just come back from the team Lagardere headquarters, and one of the coaches (he was there coaching Micka Llodra!), told me me he had good news from Mary, she was ok, she was in bradenton, and would be playing the american season, maybe staring with San Diego.... I am so happy, :bounce:

Stefi
thanks so much for the news :D :worship:

Scotso
Jul 23rd, 2006, 04:08 AM
hopefully Mary will be able to play San Diego then :D

danthepiercefan
Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
Serena lost big time. Comeback failed. Good or bad news guys?

MistyGrey
Jul 23rd, 2006, 07:03 AM
I expected Serena to lose to Vera. The comeback hasnt failed at all... Just by winning that first match against Nastya, Serena had assured the comeback was right on track.

~Poseidon~
Jul 23rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Very good news.

I'm so happy, that finally all my girls are back on tour.

squig2k
Jul 23rd, 2006, 03:55 PM

Stefi

thanks for the confirmation! so great to hopefully be seeing mary back in action very soon :bounce:

pierce the best
Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
i relly would like to see an us open final between mary and serena. im a big fan of mary since years but i like also to see serena playing. and for me these have do a lot for tennis this last years and they are also very very talented. Both marked tennis for ever . mary with her power tennis ,beauty and elegance and sexy behavior, she is really a queen and diva and an amazing and beautiful women, and serena brings also glamour and power in to tennis . both did a lot to promote tennis in different areas . These two are no doubt two of the biggest names in tennis history.

so i hope for a us open final betwenn mary and serena, with a victory for mary of course.

and the the return of mary and serena and lindsay the regnain of mauresmo will end , because the two majors she won this year she only takes it because of the absences of mary ,serena,and lindsay. amelie is very talented but the fact is she won this two majors without three of the biggest names in tennis.

Paul.
Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
i relly would like to see an us open final between mary and serena. im a big fan of mary since years but i like also to see serena playing. and for me these have do a lot for tennis this last years and they are also very very talented. Both marked tennis for ever . mary with her power tennis ,beauty and elegance and sexy behavior, she is really a queen and diva and an amazing and beautiful women, and serena brings also glamour and power in to tennis . both did a lot to promote tennis in different areas . These two are no doubt two of the biggest names in tennis history.

so i hope for a us open final betwenn mary and serena, with a victory for mary of course.

and the the return of mary and serena and lindsay the regnain of mauresmo will end , because the two majors she won this year she only takes it because of the absences of mary ,serena,and lindsay. amelie is very talented but the fact is she won this two majors without three of the biggest names in tennis.

not quite sure that part is true (she did defeat some really talented players and im not even sure she could have been stopped by mary lindsay or serena in the form that they were in and the form that she was in)

but everything else i agree with. i would be som happy if there was a us open final between mary and serena it would be a dream come true. i guess all we can do is hope...

Mark Spruce
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Hello Stefi,

This is great news. I have been up in the North Of Scotland for a while with no net connection.

Mary I miss you so much !!!!!

mark

Stefi

danthepiercefan
Jul 25th, 2006, 07:16 AM
I guarantee that Serena entered the tournament because she wanted to win the title. Nobody on earth will think that Serina expected herself to get defeated by this young player(oh sorry, you did), or at least i dont think Serena planned that.

I do not or will not talk bad or good about Serena. I just thought ( and I'm sure everybody will think) if Serena got defeated, that means that she's still rusty or --Mary Pierce has a chance to practically defeat everybody, despite she's in an extreme late state of her career.

This is a sign tribute to Mary Pierce. Any opponents of Pierce's are still rusty is actually a good thing to Pierce.

I mean, HELLO! Serena.com are welcoming new comers. Huh.

danthepiercefan
Jul 25th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I expected Serena to lose to Vera. The comeback hasnt failed at all... Just by winning that first match against Nastya, Serena had assured the comeback was right on track.

Sorry, my reply was to This, and NOT to "pierce the best". Cuz I'm sure we all agree to the logical message by "pierce the best".

Mark Spruce
Jul 25th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I hope that Mary can take advantage of anything that comes her way

Mark

This is a sign tribute to Mary Pierce. Any opponents of Pierce's are still rusty is actually a good thing to Pierce.

Lunatiq
Jul 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM
I am almost sure that Serena Williams or Mary Pierce of course;) will win US OPEN;)

What do you think about that??;)

Mark Spruce
Jul 25th, 2006, 03:26 PM
well I hope and pray it will be Mary

it would be for sure somthing to bring me to tears of joy. mary deserves so much another slam !!!

Mark

pierce0415
Jul 25th, 2006, 05:34 PM
guys at this point in time, Justine Henin, Sveta Kuznetsova and Francesca Schiavone have withdrawn from San Diego but Mary has not. So I am praying that this means Mary is at least contemplating playing the tournament

MistyGrey
Jul 25th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I guarantee that Serena entered the tournament because she wanted to win the title. Nobody on earth will think that Serina expected herself to get defeated by this young player(oh sorry, you did), or at least i dont think Serena planned that.

I do not or will not talk bad or good about Serena. I just thought ( and I'm sure everybody will think) if Serena got defeated, that means that she's still rusty or --Mary Pierce has a chance to practically defeat everybody, despite she's in an extreme late state of her career.

I mean, HELLO! Serena.com are welcoming new comers. Huh.

Well so did Alexandra Stevenson and Abigail Spears and Alexa Glatch and Emma Laine and Sybille Bammer and everybody else in the draw... every player enters a tournament 'wanting' to win... I am not a Serena fan at all, but I just didnt agree with the failure part. For a player who had played only 3 matches in the last nine and a half months prior to this tournament, reaching the semis, beating world number 11 6-2,6-2 and losing to the eventual champion is hardly failure! Not upto her usual standards... maybe, but u kinda expect that from a player coming back from injury. I didnt mean to offend you or something, but I dont have to agree with you.. And as much as I want Mary to win every single match she plays til she retires, realistically, she too will take some time to get back to the top of her game.
And about Mary's chances against top players, firstly, let her return.. secondly, I am more worried about the Henin Hardennes and the Mauresmos of the world. Serena is not among the 5 best players in the world right now.

MistyGrey
Jul 25th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Again, dont wanna offend you.. just a small disagreement..
Lets hope Mary comes back in SanDiego, so we have something more interesting to talk about.

squig2k
Jul 25th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Well so did Alexandra Stevenson and Abigail Spears and Alexa Glatch and Emma Laine and Sybille Bammer and everybody else in the draw... every player enters a tournament 'wanting' to win... I am not a Serena fan at all, but I just didnt agree with the failure part. For a player who had played only 3 matches in the last nine and a half months prior to this tournament, reaching the semis, beating world number 11 6-2,6-2 and losing to the eventual champion is hardly failure! Not upto her usual standards... maybe, but u kinda expect that from a player coming back from injury. I didnt mean to offend you or something, but I dont have to agree with you.. And as much as I want Mary to win every single match she plays til she retires, realistically, she too will take some time to get back to the top of her game.
And about Mary's chances against top players, firstly, let her return.. secondly, I am more worried about the Henin Hardennes and the Mauresmos of the world. Serena is not among the 5 best players in the world right now.

i totally agree with you :worship:

Mark Spruce
Jul 25th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Yes totally agree with you on your 2nd paragraph !!!!!!!

Mark

Lets hope Mary comes back in SanDiego, so we have something more interesting to talk about.

danthepiercefan
Jul 25th, 2006, 09:09 PM

No no no! None offence taken. All good.

Yeah, lets hope Mary participates in Acura open.

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I hope she will be in top 4 seed :scared:

pierce0415
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I hope she will be in top 4 seed :scared:

she won't ... she will be seeded #6 behind Clijsters, Sharapova, Petrova, Dementieva and Schnyder

Mark Spruce
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:15 PM
It will be great to see Mary back on court.

I have missed her so much, and after not seeing her at FED. I am wanting to see her even more.

Mark

Belmont Lad
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I really hope the news of Mary training in the US bodes well for her playing in San Diego next week. It will be fantastic to finally have her back. Keeping fingers crossed until she steps on court next week for her first match :) :yeah:

Mark Spruce
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Do not worry I will be keeping all of my fingers crossed and all of my toes :bounce:

Mark

I really hope the news of Mary training in the US bodes well for her playing in San Diego next week. It will be fantastic to finally have her back. Keeping fingers crossed until she steps on court next week for her first match :) :yeah:

pierce0415
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I can't stand the suspense ...
really wish Mary had a website in which she informed us of her plans

Paul.
Jul 26th, 2006, 01:26 AM
i know me too :lol:

Andy.
Jul 26th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I have been praying for her everyday in the hope that she returns healthy and ready, i just wish her all the best and for a smooth comeback.

pierce_fanatic
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Does anyone know when the Draw is released ?

Mark Spruce
Jul 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I am with you on this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well hopefully soon Mary will have a site.

Mark

stefi62
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:08 PM
That's official, Mary will be back in San Diego:

from sports.fr:

WTA: Mary Pierce fait sa rentrée
26/07/2006 - 10:51

Blessée depuis plusieurs mois à la cheville, Mary Pierce va faire sa rentrée le 31 juillet au tournoi de San Diego dont elle détient le trophée 2005. Sa préparation en vue de l'US Open (28 août-10 septembre) passera également par Montréal le 14 août où Justine Henin vient aussi d'annoncer sa participation.

Way to the article:

http://www.sports.fr/fr/tennis/directs/sandiego/index.html

And from onthebaseline.com:

Mary Pierce will return to tennis at the Acura Classic

Mary Pierce’s fans have been waiting for news like this for months, but now it is official. Mary Pierce, the 2-time Grand Slam champion and last year’s Roland Garros and US Open finalist, will be returning to active competition on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour later this month at the Acura Classic in San Diego, California.

The Acura’s defending champion is Pierce, who has been idled since February by an inflammation in her right foot. But Raquel Giscafre of Promotion Sports Inc., which operates the Acura, said she has been advised that Pierce intends to make the $1.34 million tournament at La Costa the occasion of her return to the tour.

(source: Sign On San Diego)

Mary Pierce’s last tennis tournament was at the Open Gaz De France in Paris. I missed getting a chance to see her in action at Roland Garros and Wimbledon, and it will be great to have her competing once again on the women’s circuit.

way to the article:

http://www.onthebaseline.com/2006/07/11/mary-pierce-will-return-to-tennis-at-the-acura-classic/

YES, YES, YES!!!!!! :bounce: :worship:

stefi62
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Do you know when the draws are known?

pierce_fanatic
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:33 PM
That's official, Mary will be back in San Diego:

from sports.fr:

Blessée depuis plusieurs mois à la cheville, Mary Pierce va faire sa rentrée le 31 juillet au tournoi de San Diego dont elle détient le trophée 2005. Sa préparation en vue de l'US Open (28 août-10 septembre) passera également par Montréal le 14 août où Justine Henin vient aussi d'annoncer sa participation.

Way to the article:

http://www.sports.fr/fr/tennis/directs/sandiego/index.html

Mary Pierce’s fans have been waiting for news like this for months, but now it is official. Mary Pierce, the 2-time Grand Slam champion and last year’s Roland Garros and US Open finalist, will be returning to active competition on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour later this month at the Acura Classic in San Diego, California.

The Acura’s defending champion is Pierce, who has been idled since February by an inflammation in her right foot. But Raquel Giscafre of Promotion Sports Inc., which operates the Acura, said she has been advised that Pierce intends to make the $1.34 million tournament at La Costa the occasion of her return to the tour.

Mary Pierce’s last tennis tournament was at the Open Gaz De France in Paris. I missed getting a chance to see her in action at Roland Garros and Wimbledon, and it will be great to have her competing once again on the women’s circuit.

way to the article:

http://www.onthebaseline.com/2006/07/11/mary-pierce-will-return-to-tennis-at-the-acura-classic/

YES, YES, YES!!!!!! :bounce: :worship:
yayayayayayay

:sad: :sad: <<-- these are tears of joy, i'm so happy

bring on monday :bounce:

zibaas
Jul 26th, 2006, 01:05 PM
yayyyyy!!!!
tears of joy !!!

Allez Mary!! 5 days... to the begning of San Diego !

Frenchragazzo
Jul 26th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Mark, you're French now ?? :) :)

Paul.
Jul 26th, 2006, 03:00 PM
YESSS!!! this is the best news i have heard in absolutely ages!!!!! im so excited for her return. i hope she can pull a "serena" but even if she loses in the first round, i'll be ok. just to know that she it to be back on the tennis court next week is enough for me.

good luck mary!! i'll be counting the hours ;):lol:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 26th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Dont wanna be the one who's pessimistic but just wait and see, only ONE site has been given the news in France, all the others speak about Monfils playin Toronto, Henin Montreal ... but nothing official about Mary's return except one site !

It's not enought to be sure !

It's just enought to believe in it.

I don't wanna die of deception, so i will keep doubting untill i see her name in the draw, and her gracefull body on court !

I wait for the single draw, to see if people in the main draw have retired ... :tape:

stefi62
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM
The official message from the Lagardere Team now is "Mary is preparing for San Diego". Smells good, doesn't it?

Belmont Lad
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Do you know when the draws are known?

The draws should be released sometime Saturday afternoon I believe :)

MistyGrey
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:22 PM
OMG!! :bounce:

Please let this be true... I am sooo excited... YAY!!!!!
Fingers crossed!

Mark Spruce
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I am so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

ITS OFFICIAL! Mary Pierce To Return At Acura Classic!! (article) Finally, mary is back!!!

from sports.fr:

(http://www.onthebaseline.com/2006/0...-acura-classic)

squig2k
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:42 PM
omggg yeaaaa mary! i cant wait to see you again. no more injuries ever please! :p

Scotso
Jul 26th, 2006, 07:23 PM
hurray Mary! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jul 26th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah Hurray Fierce Pierce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danthepiercefan
Jul 27th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Pierce has turned the Acura open as important as a century-grand-slam. So exciting.

MPStylee
Jul 27th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Wooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see how she gooes!!! Good Luck, baby!

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 27th, 2006, 06:54 PM
:banana:

Lunatiq
Jul 27th, 2006, 10:02 PM
"Mary Pierce, a long-time crowd favorite, rewarded her faithful fans as she defeated Japan's Ai Sugiyama, 6-0, 6-3, to win the 2005 Acura Classic.

The two-time Grand Slam champion put on an impressive display of championship tennis as she dominated Sugiyama from the very start. Pierce won the first set in 22 minutes and went on to build a 5-1 lead in the second set.

Sugiyama would win the next two games, but Pierce secured the championship when she served a 109 mph ace on her seventh match point. The victory, which took one-hour and 15 minutes, represented Pierce's fourth career WTA Tier I title and her 17th career tournament title.

Following her victory, Pierce was presented a check $189,000 which made her the 16th woman in WTA Tour history to surpass $8 million in career earnings. She was also awarded a new Acura RL.

“It's great to win my first Tier I win in a while,” Pierce said. “I've put a lot of emphasis on my serves and returns. That's where the point starts, and I think in the important moments, I was really serving well and attacking.”

After the on-court ceremony was completed following the singles final, there was an extended break to give Sugiyama adequate rest before she teamed with Daniela Hantuchova to play in the doubles final.

Pierce knew there was time to fill until the doubles final began, so she approached
co-tournament promoter Jane Stratton and volunteered to hit tennis balls with kids on Stadium Court. The children, who were invited to come down from the stands, got the thrill of a lifetime as they traded groundstrokes with the newly crowned Acura Classic champion.

It was back in 1993 when Pierce, a Canadian-born Frenchwoman, made her first appearance in Carlsbad. She lost to Steffi Graf in the quarterfinals that year and would come close to winning the title several times.

Pierce lost in the semifinals to Conchita Martinez in 1995 and Martina Hingis in 1997. In 1998 she eliminated Martinez and Hingis in reaching the final, but fell short against Lindsay Davenport.

On one occasion during a post-match press conference, Pierce was asked what it would mean to win the Acura Classic. She responded, “It would be really special. I love this tournament. I love playing here.”

In her ninth career appearance at the La Costa Resort and Spa, Pierce was finally crowned champion of the Acura Classic".

We are waiting for it once again Mary!!

squig2k
Jul 27th, 2006, 10:36 PM
great lunatiq :)

Mark Spruce
Jul 27th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks so much Lunatiq !!

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 28th, 2006, 02:53 AM
It's the resume of her final that u can find on the acura claccic website !

Moreover, mark, I noticed some picture on the website of the Acura of Mary from last years and I check and you don't have this great photos on ur site ... Perhaps I'm wrong and didn't search well on ur site, i'm sometimes "next to my shoes" ! :drool:

Mark Spruce
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Could you point me the way to thosep pics please:wavey::wavey:

Mark

It's the resume of her final that u can find on the acura claccic website !

Moreover, mark, I noticed some picture on the website of the Acura of Mary from last years and I check and you don't have this great photos on ur site ... Perhaps I'm wrong and didn't search well on ur site, i'm sometimes "next to my shoes" ! :drool:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Yes...we're waiting for your triumph and titles again Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel:

atoutix
Jul 28th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Mary You're Back !!! :kiss:

Andy.
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Awesome, Awesome news

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Could you point me the way to thosep pics please:wavey::wavey:

Mark

http://www.acuraclassic.com/Players/2005Gallery/8_7/index.html

Mark Spruce
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks so much for the link

Mark

http://www.acuraclassic.com/Players/2005Gallery/8_7/index.html

Mark Spruce
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I will now put them up on my site some time

totallyeddible
Jul 29th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Yippee!! I cannot wait to see her on court again!!

Sorry for the long time since my last post, I have been away on my holidays - Hi again, everyone.

enci
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I Was That Read In A Hungarian Page, How Mary Can Playing In San Diego!! :) I Hope, It's True..

Mark Spruce
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Hello,

Hope you had a good holiday. I am in the middle of mine.

Mark

Yippee!! I cannot wait to see her on court again!!

Sorry for the long time since my last post, I have been away on my holidays - Hi again, everyone.

aimee20
Jul 30th, 2006, 01:57 PM
:wavey: