PDA

View Full Version : Irina Selyutina

Gonzo Hates Me!
May 31st, 2002, 03:05 AM
This girl was misidentified by the commentators as being Russian. She is actually from Kazakhistan. Does anyone know anything about her?! She is blooooooonde! LOL! She lost to Mary Pierce in a hard-fought R1 match, 7-5 7-5. She is ranked 106 in the world and is 22 years old.

http://irinaselyutina.emediastar.com/photos/images/irna013.jpg

Her hair is longer now. She's a cutie!

Vanity
May 31st, 2002, 03:11 AM
She had a tremendous year on the challenger circuit last year. Her results there were good enough to give her a ranking of #87 at the end of the year. However, she has made a tough go of it on the main tour this year, winning just one main draw match. She did give Mary a good match though. She was also a top junior... especially in doubles, she and Cara Black were unstoppable when they played together in juniors. I saw her play in Toronto last year, and she has a nice game, she isn't afraid to attack the net and has a good one-handed backhand. Her movement was the only problem. Anyway, that's what I know about her, and she is definately very cute! :)

TheBoiledEgg
May 31st, 2002, 03:12 AM
She sure is very cute ;)

Most Americans call anyone from the old Soviet countries "Russian"

I'm pretty sure Irina has some Russian background in her, she speaks it well though ;)